iRacing Chit Chat (2 Viewers)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh well my return to Iracing will be again prolonged until end of October now. due to my baby woof woof falling ill iv had to shell out £500 on vets bills 1st time she has ever needed anything and its on the week i wanted to re do my iracing subscription lol typical...

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
oh well my return to Iracing will be again prolonged until end of October now. due to my baby woof woof falling ill iv had to shell out £500 on vets bills 1st time she has ever needed anything and its on the week i wanted to re do my iracing subscription lol typical...

Yeah the bills can add up really quickly at the vets..... First week i had my doggie ( she was back then 5 months old) she broke a piece in her knee... that cost me 1500 euro total... and i just bought her for 500 so 1 week 2000 euro less on the savings account oefff. Fully recoverd so its worth it.

How is your dog doing now ? Is she cured ?

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah the bills can add up really quickly at the vets..... First week i had my doggie ( she was back then 5 months old) she broke a piece in her knee... that cost me 1500 euro total... and i just bought her for 500 so 1 week 2000 euro less on the savings account oefff. Fully recoverd so its worth it.

How is your dog doing now ? Is she cured ?
shes OK ATM but has another op in 2 weeks and that's the final one.. we have been lucky enough she hasn't needed the vets since we had her apart from her injections and check ups.. luckily theirs nothing i can do on iracing until November anyway lol...

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
With the second lockdown in Bulgaria I bit the bullet and just renewed my iRacing subscription.
I logged in and saw invites to join 8 of the RSR Academy teams. Should I join now, or when there is an even that I am going to participate in?

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Join them all @javoresku they will be events for the near future for races

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
@javoresku Also make yourself familiar with the new way of joining team races in iracing.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With the second lockdown in Bulgaria I bit the bullet and just renewed my iRacing subscription.
I logged in and saw invites to join 8 of the RSR Academy teams. Should I join now, or when there is an even that I am going to participate in?
Yes, join them all now. We have created all new teams and added every iracing member to each team to make life easier going forward. but as Shepard said, check out the new way iracing does team sign ups, and remember you have to add all drivers who will be racing in that team before signing the team up.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

Oh man, this guy.

Hey peoples

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Geez! Time that guy was perm banned from iracing

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
its intentional wreckers like him that never get banned, its always the ones that never do it intentionally that do.

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Its a shame because he can be very quick but his aggressive driving is too much

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its a shame because he can be very quick but his aggressive driving is too much
definitely, his pace is impressive but the quest for revenge goes beyond aggressive driving now. he deserves to be banned

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
So I bought my first iRacing car ... the Porsche 911 RSR .... the brakes lock up whatever I do ... is this normal for this car?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So I bought my first iRacing car ... the Porsche 911 RSR .... the brakes lock up whatever I do ... is this normal for this car?
Welcome to the world of iRacing.
The GTE cars do not have ABS and you should only break max 60%. No matter if you have ABS, like in GT3, or any other.
And yeah, the RSR is the hardest car to slow down. You can easily lock the tires up, especially on hard slow down areas like turn 1 Daytona.
But there are ways to avoid that. First you can learn to not brake harder then 60% or you can adjust your brakes. That depends on the model you are using. If you have the HE sprints, then I can give you some tips.

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
Bottom line, the force multiplication is much harder in iRacing. You might want to dial your max brake pressure up and adjust it to something like 70% in games like ACC.
Though, for the RSR weaker pads and a pressure adjustment are available. If you don't want the range. I'm not sure how the different kind of pads work in iRacing though, so I can't say much about wear.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of iRacing.
The GTE cars do not have ABS and you should only break max 60%. No matter if you have ABS, like in GT3, or any other.
And yeah, the RSR is the hardest car to slow down. You can easily lock the tires up, especially on hard slow down areas like turn 1 Daytona.
But there are ways to avoid that. First you can learn to not brake harder then 60% or you can adjust your brakes. That depends on the model you are using. If you have the HE sprints, then I can give you some tips.
Damn I have Fanatec V3 pedals ;) ... think I might solve it by setting BrF (brake force) to 70 or 80 in the Fanatec tuning menu on my wheel. Will give that one a try soon. And I don't think that Porsche designs cars this way so out of the box the car is crap in iRacing, when I slightly touch the brake pedal with my tiny toe, the engine in the back wants to make a pass on the front wheels :wideyed:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Damn I have Fanatec V3 pedals ;) ... think I might solve it by setting BrF (brake force) to 70 or 80 in the Fanatec tuning menu on my wheel. Will give that one a try soon. And I don't think that Porsche designs cars this way so out of the box the car is crap in iRacing, when I slightly touch the brake pedal with my tiny toe, the engine in the back wants to make a pass on the front wheels :wideyed:
I can assure you, that this is normally not the case. However, other factors can also come into play, like steup, break bias aso. There is also a setting in iRacing, which can be the problem.
But we can take a look together into this one, if you want to. Just write me on discord and we'll find what's causing the problem.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Adjusting your pedal pressure won't do anything about locking, It will only adjust the amount of force needed to reach full brake. Try to find a setting where you can brake consistent. Like Grobi said, Almost every GTE or GT3 car in iracing won't like brake pressure above 70% before you start to lock. There is a trick though. With the HS Sprints we can adjust the max input, you can not do that with the V3's, but you can edit the config file for the car. Here is a vid from Dan Suzuki who explains it pretty clear. Maybe you can use it as well? If you don't edit the config remember to calibrate the pedals for the car when you change them within the Fanatec menu. Possibly download and use Fanalab, so you can create more than 5 profiles and everything lines up with the in game car settings.

Users who are viewing this thread