Project CARS 2 Chit Chat (1 Viewer)

G

Gopher04

Always expect a sensible reply from you puff..;) and I know you have a good sense of humor, unlike some who go straight on the defensive side or try to to make it personal.

But as said before they have mistakes to correct and points to prove this time, and vids show nothing, so it will be a wait and see.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So I've read through some of the topics and news feeds on pCars2.

The general trend is to talk extensively about the amount of cars and tracks that pCars2 will offer and the graphical upgrade (weather) it'll have. Which quite honestly is already among the best in the genre.
What did grabbed my attention was an online ranking system (iRacing wise) which would improve the online community.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
But as said before they have mistakes to correct and points to prove this time, and vids show nothing, so it will be a wait and see.

The good thing is they know this too. The game will be feature complete soonish and then tested extensively. They need a better launch than with pc1, or call it by the name, a more bug free launch ;)

The trailer doesn't show a lot, live track, seasonal changes, few new cars and tracks but the other video by PlayStation magazine goes a bit deeper. I think their marketing strategy is to drop the cool stuff over time.

There are some really cool, really nerdy additions to this, a lot of attention to detail. Let's hope they get it together :)

G

Gopher04

The good thing is they know this too.
Honestly I really hope so, I would like it to be worth coming back to and joining in the racing again with pcars, I really would like to believe they are thinking about the real stuff this time and not concentrating on the hype this time, also I believe this time around they need to hit release date, they do have what I would say real competition from a couple of sims, having 3 great sims would be good.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Always expect a sensible reply from you puff..;) and I know you have a good sense of humor, unlike some who go straight on the defensive side or try to to make it personal.

You pissing yourself because of my comment? Wow @Gopher04, I thought you could take more (on a serious note, I really thought you could take more :D)

I mean we do not have to make a secret out of it that you were like one of the extreme guys against pC1, now the same for pC2. Why not just wait until its released and judge then? Get some thicker skin dude :p :p :p

G

Gopher04

And you bite to easily Manu, if I was pissing myself, I can assure you it wasn't anything that you could throw at me.. I was actually laughing for the snide comment you made, as for a extreme guy against PC1 you are so wrong, and you wouldn't know as you were only around for the last year when it came down to racing online with the original crew, when PC1 pissed me off, is at the same time as many, on the release, as it was such a big let down in many ways, and lets not be a hypocrite here Manu, I've heard you slag it off on many occasions, but really who care's, your backing PC2 and good on you, for me it was something I wasn't really prepared to do again, and over the last year I really haven't been around, so your exaggerating a tad, as for PC2 haven't slagged it of one bit, I only gave my opinion on the vid, and I believe I wasn't the only one with the same opinion.
Look your a big supporter of it, that's is your entitlement, do I give a shit one way or another nope, but don't try to mute or criticize people's opinion's, if I had come on here and generally slagged it off, and calling it a peace of crap, then I'll listen.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
And you bite to easily Manu, if I was pissing myself, I can assure you it wasn't anything that you could throw at me.. I was actually laughing for the snide comment you made, as for a extreme guy against PC1 you are so wrong, and you wouldn't know as you were only around for the last year when it came down to racing online with the original crew, when PC1 pissed me off, is at the same time as many, on the release, as it was such a big let down in many ways, and lets not be a hypocrite here Manu, I've heard you slag it off on many occasions, but really who care's, your backing PC2 and good on you, for me it was something I wasn't really prepared to do again, and over the last year I really haven't been around, so your exaggerating a tad, as for PC2 haven't slagged it of one bit, I only gave my opinion on the vid, and I believe I wasn't the only one with the same opinion.
Look your a big supporter of it, that's is your entitlement, do I give a shit one way or another nope, but don't try to mute or criticize people's opinion's, if I had come on here and generally slagged it off, and calling it a peace of crap, then I'll listen.

Lets leave this here please. Its obvious that people have their own opinions here whether they are good or bad, but I would like to keep the forum as friendly as possible. I understand what you are saying @Gopher04 and from the sounds of it, you have a very good reason to have the opinion that you have. As you have pointed out, only time will tell :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Agreed Gxbbs. Leave any gripes at the door please, we're all here to have fun, first and foremost and Project CARS is what brought this community together :).

Back to the matter at hand.

Love the trailer myself. Even though none of the content of Ed's vids are a surprise, in terms of actual content, the execution always is and that's what always makes them a genuine pleasure to watch. The lad done good, as they say :).

Of course, what's fun is knowing what isn't shown or hinted at in the trailer. 'The internet' has already figured out some of the new tracks and some of the new cars (some were very subtle, others not so!) but there really is a whole lot more to come. Then there's the nitty gritty of the "under the hood" stuff, things like exactly what Livetrack can now do, the improvements to multiplayer, AI, FFB, audio etc etc etc. . For now, though, you'll all just have to wait :D.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I do like the sound of the pro Esports racing bit. And the sound of full streaming broadcasting like real tv. Infact the lot sounds promising. My fingers are crossed for pcars2. It all sounds good on paper atm.

I do hope for a bit of btcc action in this one lol.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Does this mean the NDA has been lifted or is this just official footage?

Side note, I might have to be surgically removed the Nissan GTR in pCARS 2, I HAVE BEEN WAITING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!!!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

My very first comment was pure sarcasm (look at the smileys) but obviously you did not catch it^^. Nvm, our mods were clear enough, otherwise we are getting both into trouble :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does this mean the NDA has been lifted or is this just official footage?

Side note, I might have to be surgically removed the Nissan GTR in pCARS 2, I HAVE BEEN WAITING SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG!!!

The NDA for WMD2 members is still largely in place. No screenshots or videos can be shared except those officially released by SMS. Discussing Livetrack's capabilities is allowed but, beyond that, it's still a "loose lips sinks ships" type affair. There's a lot more info to come but it will come from SMS not WMD members this time around :).

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
The NDA for WMD2 members is still largely in place. No screenshots or videos can be shared except those officially released by SMS. Discussing Livetrack's capabilities is allowed but, beyond that, it's still a "loose lips sinks ships" type affair. There's a lot more info to come but it will come from SMS not WMD members this time around :).

Sooooooo... cluck, what can you tell us about livetrack? o_O

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't help the cause when you get some numpty who admits he doesn't race sims (or at least isn't good at them) posting a video where he just crashes and talks about where to brake and what line to take. The Playstation video is by far and away the best I've seen so far. TBH I learnt a few things from that too :)

When we can start talking about it, and I'm sure I'm not alone in really wanting to talk about it, then you'll all be inundated with all of the nitty gritty things that have changed. As Cluck says, there is a lot of the under the hood stuff that is just so much better this time around, even now with the rough jagged edges it has during development. Of the things I have personal gripes with, I think everything is being worked on in some way or other.

What I do find surprising, or rather frustrating and shortsighted though, is the way that so many are already writing PC2 off as just an update to PC1 with more cars and tracks (not aiming that at anyone here BTW). It's far more than that, yet so many have already written it off, and are publically rubbishing it without even driving a lap. A good chunk of the SMS guys were the old SimBin team, who produced GTR2, so it's not like they have no idea how to deliver, given the right budget.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sooooooo... cluck, what can you tell us about livetrack? o_O

Don't ask me, I haven't got a clue :eek: . If I was allowed to, I'd show you some lovely screenshots instead (and trust me, they are impossibly, agonisingly pretty) and I'm not sure I'd do justice to all the new stuff in Livetrack 3.0. However, for starters :-

Water build up is much more 'organic' and will pool correctly according to the topography of the circuit - ie, it will collect in larger amounts at the bottom of hills. Drains will drain the water away more rapidly, if they are present on the circuit. The water is also mapped correctly so it is not just a visual effect, it will affect car handling more where you see larger masses of water on a track, for example.

I think the best way of describing Livetrack 3.0 is to say that it contains all the stuff we hoped would be in pCARS1 and more besides :)

Users who are viewing this thread