Project CARS 2 Codemasters has bought Slightly Mad Studios (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ahh well time for pcars to be even more wrecked

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping for a sim focussed racer, with Project Cars ambition and features, but Codemasters level budget and polish. I know Codies aren’t perfect but they did a good job with Dirt Rally.

Thanks @t0daY for sorting the tag...

Theory #1: this has happened because they have to deliver a Hollywood blockbuster game but ran out of money to fund development.

Theory #2: Codies see the GT Sport World Championship, realised that “virtual” racing could be a huge market for them, and saw Project Cars tech as a good start point (just needs to be debugged a little).

Last edited:

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Theory #1: this has happened because they have to deliver a Hollywood blockbuster game but ran out of money to fund development.

Theory #1 seems reasonable considering Ian's ambitions and cost of the deal.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I see a Forza and GT Sport competitor on the horizon. Can’t imagine that they are leaning towards the Assetto and rFactor side of life. Besides, this fits well in there race portfolio.

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a new TOCA game o_O Or I'll just settle for another Grid done good.
I think it's better to have solid continuation of pCARS even within Codemasters than have a Grid or TOCA by SMS team which will be not a simracer nor an arcade.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
What if they revived the original toca idea with sms developing it..... that was codemasters and for its day was a complete game changer. We already know sms do fantastic fwd simulation. They have most of the tracks already.... just build the game elements around what they have already. I think it's a no brainer :).

So for me cautiously optimistic... for now :p

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
If they fix the kerb behaviour issues (although not such a huge problem in TC cars IIRC), and included support series like the Ginetta stuff, that would be an awesome game assuming BTCC as the basis. I do like the Ginettas in PC2, it's a shame the Clio Cup has left, but the Mini Challenge should be a good replacement.

If they included other tin top options too that would be great too...

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
They were only supporting one round, but having these in the game would be ridiculously awesome:

They look fantastic. Also, why is the sound from these better than a F1 car :D

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is an intresting one tbh. Will they release a new game or continue to boost pc2. Surely theres more money to be made continually realising DLC than a new game every few years.. Imo its a no brainer..pc2 is a solid base they should build on it not develop a new.. But that is my opinion lol..

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I dont think CM will have much impact on pC3. Its under developement for quite a while now, maybe in marketing CM can help but game-wise this won't be a big game changer IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread