Project CARS 2 Community Event in place of induction? (1 Viewer)

aed3810

Community Member
Reaction score
Good evening all,

With the changes in membership progression (no induction) would anyone be interested in having a regular, low pressure, evening in place of the old induction evenings?

My feeling was that the induction evenings weren’t daunting and were low stress, social affairs?

It could just be me but I think it might be a really great place for new blood to get on track with the group and cut their teeth before progressing to more demanding races.

Any advice welcome,

Many thanks.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Seems like the perfect opportunity for something like that! Anyone can organise a community event, and our guidelines are not restrictive on content - you can run whatever you like!. Here's some tips from someone who has run many many Inductions & fun nights:
  • A series of 15 minute races with 10 mins of qualifying are a good format for more social races. Latecomers or those with tech issues won't have long to wait to join the next qualy.
  • Forcing default setups on helps people get up to speed quicker (either by lobby settings or gentlemen's agreement).
  • Extreme cars & tracks rarely throw up good races. Formula X at Nordschleife is never a good idea.
  • Slower, easier to drive cars are generally better for close racing than quicker, high downforce monsters.
  • Open wheeled cars are not great for newbies, if anything use the Formula Rookie.
  • For quick sessions, Peer to Peer lobbies are more convienient to setup & join.
  • Set the grid size to a lower number to get access to more tracks. Cadwell Park for example is awesome, but only holds 12 cars.
  • We normally run official events with 1x Fuel and Tyre wear, mech damage on, and performance impacting damage.
  • Driving standards should be observed in races - Stewards will not cover community events, but you should still share bad experiences with staff.
  • Chatter is kept to a minimum in qualifying and races in our official events, it is up to the organiser to relax this if they want a more social race.
  • Brief participants on if you're using a standing or rolling start.
  • Publish your event thread (with calendar entry) with good notice, to increase chances of a good turn out. Ask staff for help on thread and forum stuff if needed.
  • Keep it light, and have fun!

aed3810

Community Member
Reaction score
@Battenberg, thank you for the advice. I will certainly look into trying to arrange something in the future although I feel that it would be best if I attend a few races before considering running one myself as I’m very new here so I probably wouldn’t do it quite right!

Hope to catch you in the lobbies at some point though!

Users who are viewing this thread