• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Corkscrew-333-d - Collision #1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimanDk

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 26-04-18
Event: Corkscrew-333-d
Members Involved: @miagi
Description: Rolling start, I took off on the left, staying cleanly in my lane next to the wall, when miagi veered off and clipped my rear quarter, spinning me around in the middle of the road and putting me straight in the middle of oncoming traffic from half the field behind us. Car reduced to confetti and I believe a considerable amount of people hit me/him and took damage from this incident from the very start of the race. Was very messy.
Evidence:
Track cam of the incident:

My chase cam of the incident:

Miagi chase cam of the incident:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

miagi

Steward
Reaction score
I'm very sorry for damaging your car and your race and the mess happened afterwords.

I rushed home after a 13h workday to participate in the race I signed up. Had 3 laps of practice before the Quali started, I thought maybe it's doable as we race default setup... it would have been better to not join the race.
On the start, I accelerated and thought it's good, but either I already had wheel spin and didn't notice it going straight or power kicked in and gave me wheel spin a few moments after the green. Either way, I came a bit closer to the car in front of me, saw more room on the left in front and as I steered the car went all left and I crashed into Riman. That accident ended my race cause after the repair I didn't had a place in the middle of the feld that was 2 laps ahead of me.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Just as a friendly note @RimanDk, because you won't be aware of the protocol, please try and stick to only replying with relevant information to the case at hand in future. It keeps the threads tidier and allows the stewards to focus on the key facts alone.

(and by extension that means a reply isn't necessary to this ;))

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards have reviewed the incident and concluded that Miagi is to be issued A Reprimand for the collision, in addition to 1 Penalty Point being applied to his racing license.

Although the accident resulted in a large number of drivers being affected, we are mindful that the incident was not a deliberate or malicious act and that miagi himself retired shortly afterwards. The accident could have been avoided, however, with more practice on miagi's part, to better anticipate the behaviour of the car at the start of the race and it is for this, combined with the large number of vehicles involved, that the reprimand is being issued. Any further accidents of a similar nature will be met with far greater penalties.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@RimanDk @miagi

miagi

Steward
Reaction score
it's ok

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)