• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Corkscrew-333-d - Collision #2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RimanDk

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 26-04-18
Event: Corkscrew-333-d
Members Involved: @Sledgar
Description: I accelerated down the uphill straight leading into the corkscrew and spotted Sledgar on the right hand side of the track, driving very slowly and keeping to the right. I assumed he had just recovered from a spin or an accident and was either severely damaged and limping back to the pits or holding to the right in order not to interfere with regular racing until it was safe for him to rejoin. It seemed overly cautious of him, given the space between us, but I didn't think much of it. Given these observations, it was clear to me the inside lane had intentionally been left wide open and that I should simply pass him quickly and get on with the business of racing. This feeling was reinforced by Sledgar's holding pattern as I approached. At the last moment, for reasons unknown to me, he cut across the track to the inside lane, still at a very slow speed. The distance between us had dropped drastically since I first spotted him, I was committed to the inside lane and my speed was high. Although I took evasive action, I was unable to avoid him. I don't believe I had any way to predict this move and I believe, based on his attitude on track, that I had every right to expect the left lane to be open to me.
Evidence:
Chase cam of me through the incident:

Slow-motion of the same:

Chase cam of Sledgar:

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Sledgar

Reaction score
Yes I realized my mistake in the right second this happened and I'm deeply sorry. As you mentioned I stayed on the right at first with the thought of not crossing the track after my spin.
Im playing with the rift on which means I have any his disabled. I didn't saw you approaching at first and thought that I would switch to the left to not drive slowly on the racing line and let traffic pass me. As we can clearly see on the video that was were I was wrong. You were behind me which in my error I didn' notice and had no way to react to my action.
I could try to think of ways to make it look better but in the end I guess it is pretty clear that I did a stupid mistake here which could have been avoided. All I want to state here is that it was not intentionally here.
Again I am very sorry for potentially destroying your race. I know how that video looms like I did this on purpose.

If admins want to I can provide videos of upcoming races (in case I won' get banned for this) to show that in I'm not intentionally crashing into others.

Obviously after this crash I learned that already after having a spin I put in the hud to better see incoming traffic on the map

Edit: at the admins: I did not receive a mail even after being tagged in here. As I'm on holiday at the moment I didn't realized that thread existed

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards have reviewed the incident and are issuing a Qualifying Ban to Sledgar (to be served at the next Ranked Race Sledgar partakes in) in addition to 1 Penalty Point being added to his Racing License.

The Stewards found Sledgar to be guilty of a lack of awareness, with regards potential approaching traffic, as well as driving in an unpredictable manner. It is every driver's responsibility to be aware of their surroundings, including the gaps to drivers behind them, allowing them to race safely especially after a loss of control. The game provides many features to assist in this, such as the relative box, track map and proximity indicators, and we would encourage drivers to use them, even if this results in a loss of immersion. In addition, drivers should always keep their actions predictable following an accident or off-track moment, so that approaching drivers can take appropriate action to avoid you.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@RimanDk @Sledgar

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)