CSL Elite V1.1 base problems (1 Viewer)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm hoping and praying that someone might have had this issue and found a fix.....

Yesterday I got my new CSL Elite V1.1 base and P1 Elite wheel. You know the excitement, it was like Christmas had come early! Unpacked, plugged in, software installed. Into ACC for a quick test, and something odd is happening. Basically it is like the steering and FFB get disconnected. You're steering, then it freezes, and then catches again. To cut a very long story short, I have tried this with the 'retail' drivers V336, and the latest beta driver V347. The V347 is even worse. Same issue happens in PC2, so not game related. I had an issue where the software told me I had the latest drivers ready to download, but when I used the updater, it froze and didn't update. Blue LED got stuck in flashing mode, and had to uninstall everything and go again. The base is in the correct mode by the way ;)

I have logged the problem with Fanatec support, but no idea how long it will be before they reply. I have to admit, I'm very disappointed with what has happened, and doesn't fill me with any confidence.

Thanks
Colin

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Stay away from V347. It's buggy as hell. Try the 346 and re-flash the firmware coming with it, but uninstall everything Fanatec related before.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks Shepard. Will try V346. I have no idea how or what re-flashing the firmware is though....

Have been totally deleting anything Fanatec with the Geek uninstaller.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When you open the fanatec driver menu it will prompt you to flash your base, if the firmware in the driver is newer than what you have. If so just follow the instructions it’s pretty easy.

Have you connected the base to a 2.0 or 3.0 USB? Fanatec bases don’t like 3.0

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ah okay, it's into a 3.0 port. Will try a 2.0.

When I follow the instructions to update to the latest firmware the 'flash' option is greyed out. The I hit 'connect' it finds the base, but then fails to update it. The blue LED flashes and the software crashes.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Did you click load hex file/does it say hex file loaded?

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That box is also greyed out. I can only select the connect button.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok after you’ve reinstalled 346, restart the pc, then run game control panel or whatever it’s called as admin. Try again, if that also fails I’m currently out of tips :/

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Right click the shortcut, execute as admin. Something like that my system is German ;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Haha, thanks. Will give it a go. If that doesn't work, hopefully Fanatec support comes back soon.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
IT WORKS!!! Turns out it must have been the USB port.

I owe you a beer @Puffpirat !! Doesn't say anywhere in the manual to not use a USB3.0 port.

Users who are viewing this thread