Project CARS 2 Dec 1, 2018 - TT #4 - Renault Sport R.S. 01 @ Long Beach (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
wow....things just got a whole lot harder! guess I'm going to have to revisit this then. Ah well, no one needed Christmas presents buying anyway :D

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
What kind of sorcery is this.

Looks like I'm using the same breaking points, lines, gears. Which means I'm just a bad driver. Ugh.
I hope there will be time to do one *clean* lap this month :)
I do exactly the same..but I also enjoy the scenery :) Almost completed my task, closing in on the last non-RSR driver on the list. Now 1:14.432 but potential 1:14.138. But also expect that @benimi and @Eugene Flerko will definitely beat my time.

benimi

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I do exactly the same..but I also enjoy the scenery :) Almost completed my task, closing in on the last non-RSR driver on the list. Now 1:14.432 but potential 1:14.138. But also expect that @benimi and @Eugene Flerko will definitely beat my time.
I don't even know if I'll have time, but the last time I tried, I was really tempted be the dark side.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
1545172957699.png

aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh xD

Messed up S1, think that was the worst first sector I did all day but the other two were pretty much spot on. As fab said there's probably a 11.9 in it but yeah...still a few days to try :)

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Beating my ghost all the time... until the last corner, approaching way too fast and getting passed by my ghost :confused: Potential improved from 1:14.138 to 1:14.091... but still no perfect lap, lap time improved from 1:14.432 to 1:14.420... not winning any position.
Big improvement came from taking the tight corner before the straight wide at the start of the lap, so I have more straight line speed at the end of the main straight, and taking it tight at the end of the lap before the finish line.
With some luck I might get under 1:14 before the end of the challenge... fingers and toes crossed ;)
But first beat that last non-RSR driver in the list....

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What I find interesting about this combo is just how good it is at separating the aliens from the rest. I couldn't even get a potential in the 1:12s thus far, potential only 1:13.2. Crazy that there are talks of a sub 1:12. I'd love seeing telemtry data of one of these laps afterwards just to try to understand what's going on - a lot of black magic I believe.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What I find interesting about this combo is just how good it is at separating the aliens from the rest. I couldn't even get a potential in the 1:12s thus far, potential only 1:13.2. Crazy that there are talks of a sub 1:12. I'd love seeing telemtry data of one of these laps afterwards just to try to understand what's going on - a lot of black magic I believe.
I'll let the profiler run in the background next time I try :)

I can also try to record but you'll have a better view from fabs roof :p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have a lap I think with telemetry running. Though its "only" a 1:12.8xx - not even close now :(

Hujkis

Community Member
Reaction score
How do I do this telemetry thing?

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Kudos to @fab. ICEMAN , despite the extra air-resistance by sitting on his roof, he is still the fastest ;), and also consider the difficult driving position :woot:
I'm gonna place myself upside down in the car and still be faster than @t0daY :D

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Again improved last night so reached my initial 'realistic' goal, a low 1:14, with a 1:14.180... but still 0:0.027 behind on my second goal, beating the last non-RSR driver in the list. Hope to have time and luck to do so the upcoming days... and if not, I sure did learn a lot from this challenge :)
Still waiting for a sub 1:12 by @fab. ICEMAN (if he perfects corner 8 and last corner) ... and @Puffpirat (lot of improvement possible in 1st sector, braking earlier for the fountain maybe for a better exit?) ... but I guess 'time' will also be an issue for you guys during this holiday season.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m still waiting too xD. Maybe I’ll give it another go but I tried already. I can beat my first sector by 1.5 tenth but struggle to match S2 und S3.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just 2 days (including what's left of today) to go to set your time folks :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I managed to beat my first sector and keep it together in the last two.. Finally a 1:12.08 on the last day :D

Here's a video of a 12.2, with TC enabled, the 12.0 was without.

Users who are viewing this thread