Assetto Corsa Competizione Dec 17, 2019 - R4: Silverstone (2 Viewers)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
lol its only a few gig take seconds lol

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Punted twice in the same chicane, consecutive laps. Sorry for quitting, I'd rather not drive around tired and mad and risk losing concentration.

Last edited:

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, interesting. The update gave me massive changes in steering compared to practice, nice that they updated the way DF works on the Porsche. It also decided to remap my butten layout DURING the race. Got in the pits, pressed my limiter and nothing. DQ for speeding and P3/4 gone. Nice one. Reminder to myself. Never join again when just before a race a game is updated. Race went very good after a bad QA due to what I wrote earlier. Went from p12 to p5 within one lap. Had massive encounters with some lapped people who chose very weird places to make room, even cost me a place and nearly had major incident with a lapped car who slowed down in a high speed corner on the racing line. So. Pretty disappointing end from a good series.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, interesting. The update gave me massive changes in steering compared to practice, nice that they updated the way DF works on the Porsche. It also decided to remap my butten layout DURING the race. Got in the pits, pressed my limiter and nothing. DQ for speeding and P3/4 gone. Nice one. Reminder to myself. Never join again when just before a race a game is updated. Race went very good after a bad QA due to what I wrote earlier. Went from p12 to p5 within one lap. Had massive encounters with some lapped people who chose very weird places to make room, even cost me a place and nearly had major incident with a lapped car who slowed down in a high speed corner on the racing line. So. Pretty disappointing end from a good series.
Were you maybe in 2nd gear? Pit limiter only engages when you are in first gear...

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you ALL

Vince

Community Member
Reaction score
I was sent to the pit for some reason right before the race was about the start. was made sit there for an eternity and only after other people started racing the "controls locked" clock started to count down drom 30.

completely ruined for me what would have definitely been a fun race, albeit at the back end. :confused:

hopefully next time.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Were you maybe in 2nd gear? Pit limiter only engages when you are in first gear...
I was in 4th so even when it would have worked it wouldn’t, strange feature if you ask me :rolleyes: :confused: Doesn’t changed he the fact that it remapped it though, even when I’ve would be in first is stil went to fast I think. I was countingon the limiter and didn’t pay enough attention.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks all for the racing and organisation! Had a blast :)
Well done and congrats I would say. :)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Was aiming for a top 10 finish tonight, so happy enough!

I was a little disappointed that the weather didn't throw a spanner in the works for us. Would have made it more interesting. Anyway, qualifiying in P10 was were I was expecting to be. When the green light went I got away well, then the game froze for a split second and I back off. Lost a place or 2 in the first few corners and then settled into position. Unfortunately in the opening laps I got hit twice, both from divebombs, and totally unnecessary. Later on in the race after coming out from my pit stop I was passing someone on the outside into the chicane (white Nissan) and got punted off again. Again, they didn't wait! Anyway, luckily enough I didn't end up losing position and came home in P8. Also, I'm definitely finding some consistancy with my new wheel and base. The FFB is much better and I have more confidence with the car.

I think it's been a great mini series. There's been some great close racing and this game is really rewarding to drive. The mix of sprint and enduracne was nice, but just a shame we didn't get more rain :)

Congrats to the winners, podium finishers and the championship winner! Looking to forward to the next ACC league already.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Too open brake ducts for the weather, i had cold brakes at copse, maggots and especially at stowe forcing me to brake slightly early, had some spins during first half so my tyres were gone when i pitted and changed them, did some battling during first half of the race, after the pit i was in no man's land only seeing lapped cars and cars who lapped me

I was sent to the pit for some reason right before the race was about the start. was made sit there for an eternity and only after other people started racing the "controls locked" clock started to count down drom 30.

completely ruined for me what would have definitely been a fun race, albeit at the back end. :confused:

hopefully next time.
I think this happens when you don't start your engine, happened to me during a race because i didn't turn on engine

P.s. they finally changed the car setup load/save ui so you don't accidentally overwrite setups instead of loading them :D

Last edited:

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry everyone who I did spun this evening, like white Nissan and some AMR. Was totally mad because someone spun me on the first lap, lost 6 positions. Some guy who was riding AMR has big issue with connection and was jumping around the track, no way to approach in a safe manner.

Last edited:

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
Do we have any proper results from the last 4 races? I do keep checking in the results thread but I only see round 1 and 2.

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
For some reason I am okay racing at Silverstone so was really looking forward to this one and it didn't disappoint.

Quali P5 - only 1.2s off the alien on pole. My best qualifying position and time delta to pole ever.

Race P6 - okay start but twice on the first two laps got cut up on the straights by two different people causing us both to spin each time. Had noticeable down force damage but still had good pace.
Great battle with @hinesy32 for a few laps, finally got past but man your positioning in the breaking zone and acceleration out of corners is awesome, something I really need to learn.
After New tyres and body repair the car felt great. On my own till the end but after 90 minutes of racing with no major mistakes, no spins and consistent laptimes I was very proud of what I achieved.

Congrats to the winners, your pace motivates me to want to get better.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do we have any proper results from the last 4 races? I do keep checking in the results thread but I only see round 1 and 2.

Round 3 was pending some stewards cases, which only got wrapped up yesterday, so will need the final revision before posting. Round 4 will be done in a few days, so both will be ready whenever me or Ricardo can get around to it.

Regardless, congrats champ! A near perfect record this season.

I had a rough (but fun) time yesterday. Thanks to the gaggle at the start, and @Jonno for keeping me entertained throughout the race. I had fps issues starting in Qualy and continuing throughout the race, which got very bad near other cars (especially the Astons and Nissans). It felt like 5 fps at times, so following other cars was hard work. That's not to say that the main reason for my bad race, I simply didn't have enough practice on longer runs, so I often dropped it on the curb exiting the final corner, or had a tank slapper in Maggotts and Becketts. I never got around to doing a setup for this one. The bad fps just made it harder to save some big moments. A fairly disappointing season for me results wise, I made far too many mistakes and didn't do the Boat any justice. Good to see @cheekymunkey78 put in some good performances in the same car.

Last edited:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I was in 4th so even when it would have worked it wouldn’t, strange feature if you ask me :rolleyes: :confused: Doesn’t changed he the fact that it remapped it though, even when I’ve would be in first is stil went to fast I think. I was countingon the limiter and didn’t pay enough attention.
i wont go in details, acc is really weird at remapping some things i had some issues back when i got mcalaren rim.
now for everyone, next time you get this kind of "issues" or unfair penalties just tell me

also everyone feedback thread is open, please leave us some feedback so we can improve for next season

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks all for the racing and organisation! Had a blast :)
I assume you're the champion? If you are then congrats, if not then still great job man, you were a beast this season. Too quick and consistent, need to put more effort in next time to beat you ;)

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great battle with @hinesy32 for a few laps, finally got past but man your positioning in the breaking zone and acceleration out of corners is awesome, something I really need to learn.

Yea mate, sorry I didn't mention that in my last post. That was an intense few laps, seemed like it went on for about half an hour. I knew you were quick in the car, but I was confident that I could hold you off and hopefully frustrate you a bit. The boat seems really quick in some parts and eventually I knew you would get passed. Silverstone is quite wide in parts so it pays to position the car in just the right place when defending. I've actually been watching some real racing and trying to get better at my race craft overall - as long as I am confident in the car I'm driving! The Aston is really good out of the corners, the traction helps a lot. I'm only running TC on 2, but the rear is quite soft, and if you're smooth with your apex to exit, it just goes really well out of the turns.

Users who are viewing this thread