Dirt Rally 2: Announcement (2 Viewers)

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Update: anyone who have bought it of oculus store but arent getting sound, try adding the game to steam then running it through steam, seems to solve the no sound problem, quick fix till its patched.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Update: anyone who have bought it of oculus store but arent getting sound, try adding the game to steam then running it through steam, seems to solve the no sound problem, quick fix till its patched.
I literally don't understand how codemasters can have a known bug in the oculus/VR version of Dirty Rally, then bring exactly the same sound bug into Dirt Rally 2. what a mess. I can't play DR1 in VR because you know, sound is kinda important.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I literally don't understand how codemasters can have a known bug in the oculus/VR version of Dirty Rally, then bring exactly the same sound bug into Dirt Rally 2. what a mess. I can't play DR1 in VR because you know, sound is kinda important.
yeah its a joke isnt it, after reading reviews i decided to hold off from steam version as it wasnt native to rift glad I did but still the work around is a pain in the arse had the game a week now and still no fix.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Tried on steam with open vr, it's sh*t:mad:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
even after the recommendations in the post Dama shared?
I used same setting i used for single screen (all maxed out runs at 85-90 fps) and noticed stuttering and overall bad quality, i should probably use lower settings, can't center vr view and can't use mouse in menus, only wheel+d-pad

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
After I was totally excited about Dirt Rally 2 World Series esport event, I got cold shower that I cannot compete because Oculus version of the game cannot access to this competition o_O

Right away I went to refund the game. After first try from them that deny refund because am out of their refund policing (refund in 2 weeks from buy and less than 2 hours of using game), they did refund at the end.

I still can't believe that this can even happen. Obviously Codemasters treat Dirt Rally Oculus edition as a separate console (like xbox or PS) even that it is on PC.

And Oculus SDK is not included in steam version..... OMG

This is like a nightmare

What is next..... "if you have Thrustmaster wheel, cant compete in rally... you need Fanatec......"

Horror!

Yap... I already bought Steam edition even is not still optimized (maybe it is in 1.8 version I am not sure)....

Refund that also immediately because optimization still sucks. :mad:

Last edited:

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
only way i got around the oculus problem of no sound and bugs is launch it through steam, since the 1.8 update oculus version still has no sound in game haha typical really goes to show codie really dont care

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This is incredible, got the game on steam months ago and can play vr only with steam's OpenVR with terrible ui, terrible fps and terrible quality, not gonna buy another version of the game for vr, CM worse than EA

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I've had really high hopes for DR2 VR, had plans to buy another rim and handbrake when VR would come out, but their policy has really put me off to the point I am not buying the game for the foreseeable future.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
LOL Massive discount for next 45 minutes :) edit: LOL 45 hours not minutes xD

I think because shortness of offer it deserves tag :) @Members

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
It's discounted again (until the 22nd). I beileve now is good time to buy. Just note that 3rd and 4th season DLC (Super Deluxe Edition) is NOT discounted, so i recommend buying the Deluxe Edition for 30€. Then buy the latest DLC when it comes on sale.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Colin McRae pack currently downloading :cool:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Can't play this with formula wheel:(

Users who are viewing this thread