Automobilista 2 Early Access Launch Party (1 Viewer)

Early Access Launch Party
Posted by Tom
Automobilista 2
Thursday, April 2, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Thursday, April 2, 2020 - 23:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'd like to take a ride in Adelaide 88

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Had to set up ts3 again and right now I dont know if I can hear u guys when I join a bit later or not. I am not getting microphone testing resulting in a signal currently so worst case I may be very quiet :) Jury is out on AMS2 though so far... some nice ffb at times and then meh... its clearly early access and thats fine for now!

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Members I have a question, which channel will we use today?

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
theres no collision physics either

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Fubii, re. your problem with braking, there are quite a few reports of similar and apparently Reiza are looking into it :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Was good to do a bit of racing, first time I've done any in ages other than iRacing public races.

Automobilista is a funny package, it feels like someone's turned the realism and difficulty up a notch on Pcars2 and at the same time made the whole UI less polished and some of the tracks seem to have the graphics of an average rF1 mod (the Cadwell cafe building looks like a basic textured cube last seen in GPL!).

The car mix is interesting, I did enjoy driving the Chevette round Brands Indy (after sorting the gears out, for some reason 4th = 5th and 5th = 1st on the default setup!). Nice to actually drive a low power car in a sim, personally I find it much more satisfying to drive at the limit in a slower car than hanging onto a powerful/fast car, at least for casual play.

The UK tracks aren't quite right, but they seem to be a lot more accurate than the Pcars2 versions (are they based on models from the previous AMS game rather than Pcars?). Brands seems to flow correctly, keeping it over by the pitwall and braking across the track before turning into Paddock Hill bend just feels right (which it also does in iRacing and AC, but not Pcars2). Oulton and Cadwell also seem to be close enough to be satisfying, though small details, like the bump on the exit of Druids, seem to be missing.

Donington seems completely off though, it also felt very wrong in Pcars, I don't know whether the track is actually less accurate or if it is just the elevation changes and blind corners makes it harder to replicate in a sim. This is where iRacing absolutely nails it, the tracks are absolutely immersive with bumps in the correct places.

Overall though if they can get the net code/collisions sorted then I think it could be a good fun game with some interesting content for some fun nights when there's not a lot else to do right now.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Vr is broken for me, can't get superimposed images even with parallel projection

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Was fun playing around with AMS2 yesterday. Still a few good cars left from what I have seen. But the track variety and in particular the netcode will prevent us from doing anything organized with it. Not sure how much better it will be on a server, but what I have seen yesterday was in one word pathetic or deeeeeeeeeeeep WIP.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The crowd in ams2:

Users who are viewing this thread