Endurance Championship - Announcement (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
banner1_high_res2.jpg

(Created by PRD member @Scottmik)
Hello RSR Members!

RevolutionSimRacing and PantherRacingDivision are proud to announce The RSR / PRD Endurance Series. Expanding on our successful individual crossover events with PRD, we're now going to give you a full series running over 6 months, taking place on the second last Sunday of each month.

The series will pit RSR against PRD in a Community vs Community challenge, as well as driver championships to play for. With 6 tracks in total, including 2 voted for by you, each race will feature a multi-class format. LMP2 or GT3, what weapon will you be taking to the battle?

With the first race taking place on the 18th of February, don't delay, sign up for the first event today! And don't forget to vote in the poll, giving you the opportunity to vote for the remaining 2 tracks.

Race Calendar
Races will take place on the second last Sunday of each month, from February to July. Sign-ups will take place for each individual race in the season, there is no 'season sign-up' as such. At sign-up, you must state your chosen car for the race (see 'The Cars' below).

Ahead of the season starting, a practice 'shake-down' event will take place. This will take place on the Saturday, one week before the season's opening race.

The Cars
The complete roster of GT3 and LMP2 cars will be available for use in this league. You are free to choose whichever car/class you like for each race, you do not have to stick with the same car or class through the season.

If you are planning to run in the LMP2 class for a given race, you must take part in a time-trial event. This is to ensure that races do not result in GT3 cars lapping slower LMP2 drivers, which is both dangerous and unfair to everybody on the track. The "target time" will be posted for each event. Drivers, who have selected LMP2, that are unable to match or beat the target time, will be required to select a GT3 car instead.

The Tracks

4 of the 6 circuits have already been selected by the staff at RSR and PRD. These are:

- Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
- Daytona Road Course
- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
- Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans

The community poll will decide the remaining 2 circuits. Only circuits that cater for 30+ drivers will be in the poll, requests for other circuits will not be considered.

Championship and Driver Points
During the championship, you will have the opportunity to score points not only for your community but also for yourself in the Car Class Championship. You may score points in either class but, obviously, only one class per race!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That sounds like good fun ;)

What do you think @Members? :)

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Might consider :rolleyes:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Rubbish, don't like it :p

Top stuff, this should be another excellent league to get stuck into :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
Sounds really interesting!

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
Ahead of the season starting, a practice 'shake-down' event will take place. This will take place on the Saturday, one week before the season's opening race.

What does this mean as I'm always unavailable on a Saturday?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What does this mean as I'm always unavailable on a Saturday?

A combined practice session of PRD and RSR. Nothing mandatory but it is always nice to practice all together :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sundays is always the best day to race for me :). Good stuff, and hopefully patch will be up so GT3 will be at least a bit more balanced :D

Voted Sakitto and Imola my two fav tracks :).

Last edited:

Mearcat

Community Member
Reaction score
Rubbish, don't like it :p

I agree, the points should be the other way round. :D

That would be interesting to see the top 10 fighting to finish in 10th instead of first :happy:.

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
If this turns out good, might we potentially see the 2016 p1s getting some action when they come out? ;)

Kebs

Community Member
Reaction score
I have my last test on 7.2.2018 so count me in atleast to a few races!

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Whoever arranged this, thank you!
(Admins, give that man a cookie)

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Promising.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff