Endurance Championship - R3: Spa-Francorchamps - 22nd April 2018 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
Ouch, so many tech issues. Btw what ended up being the fastest pace of the GT3 class? Curious to see how people did.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
2,4 h race with 15 cars on track... rather sad.

Josh

Community Member
Reaction score
http://simresults.net/180423-4lP
for everyone in lobby A
something to look at

Great race sorry to hear about so many difficulties!

I had a great time at SPA. great race feanor and great pace from project_pd for p1.

See everyone next time

Last edited:

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed the race while it lasted. Firstly thanks to everyone for switching server so I could join...I have no idea whats going on but I had the same problem on Monday trying to join the Hockenheim race(they just refuse to show for me). Oh well Road America should be super fun in these cars so i'm looking forward to that. :)

img_87

Community Member
Reaction score
Yea, fantastic race last night. The tiniest or errors cost me the race as I really think I had the pace to take the win. I could have even had a chance in the rain as my makeshift strategy had actually worked out quite well but when the weather didn't change it was game over for me.

Never mind, I'm sure there will be another chance.

Well done to all involved!

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I got disconnected around lap 25.. coming up to the last corner and was suddenly taken to the home screen :( As soon as we joined the PRD lobby everyone else was a little jumpy, think I heard a few others mention this on TS.

Pace felt good in practice and qualy but as soon as the race started my car was a handful. Had a nice battle with @Synystr for the first 20laps.

My full apologies to @SBart_uk and @Battenberg for the contact we had. @SBart_uk I started to yield at the bottom of eau rouge but you came across in front of my car too quick and we collided, this is my fault - I should have yielded the position earlier. As for the incident with @Battenberg, I gave you the slightest nudge from behind under braking by accident in sector 2 and watching your car do the slowest spin was painful. I did wait (lost about 10secs and a position) and I kept asking over TS if it was ok to continue but I couldn't hear a response. Again, fully my fault! Sorry to both of you for affecting your races.

Hopefully Bathurst will go smoother tonight.

Reactions: Tom

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
That wet session was red flag material from my side :(
I'm almost completely convinced that the live sync isn't working properly.
@N1kmido and myself are probably two for the closest matched drivers I know of (Not alien fast - but never far from each other on the track).
In the dry session, I managed to pull away from him a bit, but in the rain, he was 8 secs a lap faster than I was.
(And the only practice I had done, was in the wet, so the car was built for the wet - just happened to be decent in the dry).

After N1k pitted, I had about a 20 sec lead on him - which he managed to remove within about 4/5 laps.
He got passed, and then had about a 10 sec lead on me.
He then got dumped into the wall, and went in to pit.
So he left with about a 45-50 sec gap behind me.
Within about 15 mins, he had managed to catch, and pass me again.

I had no grip at all in the corners, I couldn't get the car to slow down (even more than it was not great in the dry), and I couldn't put the power down at all.
I really enjoy the wet, and I tend to do better than most (of the same paced guys) - but last night was not fun at all...(during the rain - dry was rather awesome!)

If it was a couple of seconds a lap I was dropping to N1k, I could accept it, but it was 8 secs a lap :(

EDIT:
Just had a look at that results page: http://simresults.net/180423-4lP
At around lap 45, N1k and myself were both doing 2:38ish lap time. (start of rain session on wets). N1k was essentially able to keep this pace, increasing lap time to 2:40's on lap 60.
I was only able to manage 2:45s from lap 47 onwards. :(

And I was in the top 4 for consistency of the entire race..

Last edited:

N1kmido

Community Member
Reaction score
That was fun! I´ve done 2.4 hour races before but it was quite intense this one, especially with the rain for the last quarter. Just a big shame we were down to 13 cars after only 60 minutes into the race. :(

Unfortunately my race got heavily compromised twice by LMPs , without that happening I think I would´ve been able to be in the fight for 2nd place. Therefore I was on my own for most of the time, just surviving until the first early pit stop where I was able to repair the damage. (9 front damage did cost me ~2 seconds per lap btw - light damage is impacting pace a bit too much in GT cars for my liking).

Snitching 4th from unlucky @AndrexUK in the end probably is still a decent result but it didn´t feel very satisfying with so much time already being lost during the early stages. Nevertheless it was a good experience. Thanks to everyone who finished the race or at least tried to as apparently we had a lot of people suffering from technical issues. Surprised I wasn´t one of them for once. :pigeon:

With Road America being next, I´m absolutely keen on doing that one as well if possible. Hopefully with a few more people on track then. :)

Reactions: Tom

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
it was a great disappointment last night from my side.
i was lead at least 40 50 sec. ahead in last 30 min.
no rain, no grip at wet tyres than finising second.:rage:

Satchel_Charge

Community Member
Reaction score
Around when did you put the wet tires on? The only reason you got so far ahead at one point is that I made an extra (4th) stop to get rid of wets and return to slick tires, which was the faster strat.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread