iRacing Endurance Le Mans Series - 2020 Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just a headsup for everybody who gonna drive a GTE. Dont double stint at the first pitstop. I was catching the guys who didnt change tires like 1.5-2sec.

Is it single stint the whole way?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reminder for all to join the teams in time! Otherwise you wont be able to race tonight / tomorrow!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've never driven an endurance race like that one. I was on the limit every single lap trying to make up places and came so close to 5th. Gutted I made a silly mistake which cost us that place.

Overall a fun experience with @CatchAGlimpse. Having a new team mate so often can be challenging but Catch was really easy to work with :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've never driven an endurance race like that one. I was on the limit every single lap trying to make up places and came so close to 5th. Gutted I made a silly mistake which cost us that place.

Overall a fun experience with @CatchAGlimpse. Having a new team mate so often can be challenging but Catch was really easy to work with :)
Good result tho pal.. Our turn tomorow lol.. Or later what ever way you wanna look at it lol.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Stokemon has summed it up pretty well.. I've never done an endurance race where every lap felt like it was on the edge.

Mixed feelings from my own performance

Pros:
- First endurance race on iRacing on my own account
- Since Suzuka I'm now B3.99 and 2229 iRating, what considering 2 weeks ago at Daytona I was a Rookie license, I feel this has been an achievement in itself. I set myself the aim of being ready and I was
- Fast consistent driving for 95% of the time, especially my first 29/30 laps on my first stint
- First race at Suzuka other than in an F1 game (totally different in a GTE car on iRacing)
- Defending from the faster cars behind (mainly during the early part of the first stint when running in 3rd)

Cons
- 3 or 4 silly spins/mistakes in my first stint probably losing us about 1 minute in total time
- Suzuka doesn't really suit my driving style, I think I'll have a higher chance of less incidents at Bathurst?!

I'm always pretty critical on my own performance and I feel I've taken a lot away from this event to build on moving forward.

Big thanks to @Stokemon for inviting me to replace @UnstopaPaul due to illness - massively enjoyed the race and I think we actually did quite well to finish 6th, shows the big drives we had in the last 4 hours. Great team mate and would drive with him again in a heartbeat. Also, as usual, big thanks to RSR staff for the preparation and organisation.

Bring on Bathurst! :cool:

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Stokemon has summed it up pretty well.. I've never done an endurance race where every lap felt like it was on the edge.

Mixed feelings from my own performance

Pros:
- First endurance race on iRacing on my own account
- Since Suzuka I'm now B3.99 and 2229 iRating, what considering 2 weeks ago at Daytona I was a Rookie license, I feel this has been an achievement in itself. I set myself the aim of being ready and I was
- Fast consistent driving for 95% of the time, especially my first 29/30 laps on my first stint
- First race at Suzuka other than in an F1 game (totally different in a GTE car on iRacing)
- Defending from the faster cars behind (mainly during the early part of the first stint when running in 3rd)

Cons
- 3 or 4 silly spins/mistakes in my first stint probably losing us about 1 minute in total time
- Suzuka doesn't really suit my driving style, I think I'll have a higher chance of less incidents at Bathurst?!

I'm always pretty critical on my own performance and I feel I've taken a lot away from this event to build on moving forward.

Big thanks to @Stokemon for inviting me to replace @UnstopaPaul due to illness - massively enjoyed the race and I think we actually did quite well to finish 6th, shows the big drives we had in the last 4 hours. Great team mate and would drive with him again in a heartbeat. Also, as usual, big thanks to RSR staff for the preparation and organisation.

Bring on Bathurst! :cool:
good job guys. Sorry I had to bail, but it was for the best.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
not the best race for Team Yellow unfortunately, got of to a great start battling in the lead group as we got killed in L6 by a LMP1 car
during repairs i forgot to switch of the engine which made the engine pop with 5 mins of repair left and added another 45 mins of repairs :banghead:
at this point we decided to withdraw the car

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
not the best race for Team Yellow unfortunately, got of to a great start battling in the lead group as we got killed in L6 by a LMP1 car
during repairs i forgot to switch of the engine which made the engine pop with 5 mins of repair left and added another 45 mins of repairs :banghead:
at this point we decided to withdraw the car
Unlucky Team Yellow! Congratuations @t0daY and @Raigore for their 2nd place in the LMP1 on top split (checked results in the pub) - great result for the community. Especially Manu who came into Teamspeak at 5pm GMT on raceday with "no practice" - what a hero!

Hopefully we can all bring back some good results in Bathurst - I for one cannot wait!

P.S: I've jut realised I'm a proper RSR iRacing guy now - my aim is to compete in all of the special events this year with RSR

1580663695825.png

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didn't go too well for team green we were out by lap 3 major incident on the run up to 130R Saw us in pits for over 30 minz and fall lap after lap behind we took the car back out to see if we could continue but after ben and myself tried the car we both saw it had lost atleast 15kph top end and was completly full of understeer.we decided to call it a day.. :(:(:(

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In in in in in! Pref. Audi R18 :)

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm in as well, obviously main GTE but want to try LMP1. Saturday evening session for me.

@fab. ICEMAN isn't it the layout without the chicane?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is without chicane.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wops, copy pasta error! It's fixed now.

Diogo Pereirinha

Community Member
Reaction score
HEYYY, im in big boys, GTE, porsche, bmw, ferrari, let me know asap, cuz im running IMSA this week, so i can practice a bit before this race:cool::cool:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I'd be up for The Glen on Saturday night, so if anyone wants to hit up the bottom split, drop me a message. I have the RSR and the Fezza.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'd be up for The Glen on Saturday night, so if anyone wants to hit up the bottom split, drop me a message. I have the RSR and the Fezza.
Drop a message into the thread ;)

Users who are viewing this thread