iRacing Endurance Le Mans Series - 2020 Season 1 (1 Viewer)

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Free for GTE if anyone needs one

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I am out of this one. Had zero time to practice. Have a good race all.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Remember to submit your car/team in our sheet. Invites will be send out tonight / tomorrow morning.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well a car 90 degrees to us at the top of the S ended our race in the first hour. We are going to try again tomorrow @t0daY

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sad end to our race in hour 1. Car about to get clamped for illegal parking at the top of the hill/main straight leaves @Stokemon with nowhere to go. 43mins of mandatory repairs :(.

We will give it a second go tomorrow since we never really got underway.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well, that was a "so close but yet so far". Over the course of the race @Stokemon and I pulled ourselves from P5 start to P1. With 1 stint to go we had a 30 sec lead on P2, which turned into 50secs when we pitted and didn't take tires (to cover them not taking tires). A little hairy in 42 degrees with worn tires, but were still holding the gap. Then disaster. Backmarkers again. Passing at the end of the straight we were clear and @Stokemon went to take the apex. I thought we were clear. Crewchief and iRacing spotter thought we were clear. Sadly the other guy still decided to take the inside and race us.. The worst kind of luck left our car meatballed with no steering. If it had been any other damage we could probably have limped home for some form of podium.

As it was we were towed and then 12 mins of mandatory repairs. It was obnly stubborness that made me take the car back out again to roll it across the line. The 1st place that should have been. Gutted.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great effort guys! I kept dropping into the stream while I was at work - great driving all round :cool:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm so so so sorry. I'm devistated. We were 30 mins away from the perfect race and I stupidly thought the back marker would give way and not race us.

Feel like I've let everyone down.

Kudos to @UnstopaPaul who drove the perfect race.

You'll find me hiding and sobbing somewhere. Mika style.
Post automatically merged:

Me...

Attachments

• !Mika.jpg
    !Mika.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unlucky guys, but something for you to note dor the future.

You had a 30s gap to P2, it takes 28s to change tyres and so to keep with you, P2 would have had to not change tyres putting them on the backfoot and at Watkins in 42 degrees, you would have breezed ahead

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

You had a 30s gap to P2, it takes 28s to change tyres and so to keep with you, P2 would have had to not change tyres putting them on the backfoot and at Watkins in 42 degrees, you would have breezed ahead

Yeah lesson learned. Still super painful. We were unlucky to get caught up with a nutter and receive the damage we got. Wish I could go back and just change tyres :(

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

we knew this...and were just not confident enough in executing. It's all part of the learning. We knew for a fact they had not taken tires (they were 10 laps earlier in pitting. The fezza seemed to have a significant fuel advantage). If I'd properly accounted for the fact that our fuel intake was also less time than they would have needed, then I think we'd definitely have gone with the tires.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe can do the sunday session.. full weekend ahead for me :/

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm in for racing. Would like to race with @UnstopaPaul again if he is available.

Users who are viewing this thread