iRacing Endurance Le Mans Series - 2020 Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Endurance Le Mans Series - 2020 Season 2
Posted by fab. ICEMAN
iRacing
Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 18:00
Until: Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 00:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We, Team blue; Decided to call it the day after obtaining a lot of damage with 2,5 hours to go. We were running in a solid pace at P12 in split 1/1.

@Rargon, Don't worry about it mate, on to the next! You did a hell of a job out there. The most important thing is we had fun!

Rargon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Nismo thanks for the heads up. It was a great pleasure driving with you.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Little recap of @Jeff[NL] and my race yesterday.
@Jeff[NL] putted the car on P2 in the grid! Then we changed seats and I drove the first stints. Sadly the leader accelerated on the back straight already and I was still on the ACC race start and waited for 'Green green green' :eek: lost 2 or 3 places there already but had a decent first stint and came into the pits in P5. Made two mistakes in my second stint which lost us about 30s and gave us very minor damage to the rear wing, but dropped to like P8 or so at the end of my third stint :(
@Jeff[NL] took over for the rest of the race and had 2,5 brilliant stint and brought us back into P5. We decided to 2,5 stint the last set of tires which cost us dearly in the end as the tires were gone in the last 20mins... On top of that we had a lag issue with an HPD which gave us severe front end damage which did not make things better :p

But in the end we could finish the race in P8 in class which was quite a decent result judging how much bad luck we had in the end :)

Thanks for the race @Jeff[NL] again, was good fun, even when it got quite late in the end!

Cheers,
Dom

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I want to do the Monza event in the GTE - think @Exited could be my partner for the 6 hour assault pending confirmation

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Grand Prix

Next races are on the upcoming weekend! Race details can be found in the OP.

Weekly Team Submission: https://forms.gle/VkaZUMX7wrW3Wneu9
Hall of Fame Submission: https://forms.gle/sxUG5fh4KeAbXnf8A

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Free

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ye can do, what session are you doing?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im available for the saturday morning session, any GTE

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Tried lmp, didn't get on with it very well.. dont like Monza anyway so going to bail

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ima pull out aswell not feeling it this time around, perhaps next one! Don't have a team mate anyways haha

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ima pull out aswell not feeling it this time around, perhaps next one! Don't have a team mate anyways haha
Could have asked Team Black :)

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Could have asked Team Black :)
Completely missed that. Well 4 is way to much for a 6 hours and got no practice in now so i'd let it be this time around

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Completely missed that. Well 4 is way to much for a 6 hours and got no practice in now so i'd let it be this time around
4 / 2 ;)

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah I know but I didn't practice and thats mandatory for me. I Don't wanna drive a event when I didn't commit my fullest preperation for it. I Don't wanna let anybody down by screwing up. Its just better if I skip it for that reason

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A great racing with @Exited and @Jeff[NL] as usual - a disappointing DNF but wearing the RSR colours we showed true RSR spirit during our 5 hour crusade.

A strong opening few laps with @Jeff[NL] at the wheel and we managed to get to P12 (after starting around 21st/45 in class) unfortunately we got tagged by the guy in P12 just after we overtook him with the slightest of contacts putting us into the wall and facing 12 minutes of repairs (not to count the time lost roller coaster of the journey back to the pits including the P2 HPD crashing into the back of us just before the pit entry). We left the pits in P33 and 5-6 laps down from the lead GTE pack, we were effectively completely last of the GTE class. With 1 minute of optional repairs still on the cards, we were loosing about 1-2s per lap due to damage affecting straight line speed. Jeff came into the pits after a clean 2nd stint and I took over. Few bumps and scratches along the way but overall fairly clean run. Due to incidents and small bumps with other on track incidents, another 2/3kph of straight lost speed was lost :banghead: still we soldiered on and my double (but fairly uneventful) stint came to an end with @Exited taking over with 2hrs 20mins on the clock to hopefully push us over the line. @Exited had a fun and clean first part of his first stint before the leading HPD deciding to launch a move into the 2nd Lesmo ruining his race and the final nail in our coffin. Shame it went how it did, I think we could have ended up top 5 without the move on @Jeff[NL].

Thanks to the RSR iRacing staff for the work in the background and thank you gents (Dom/Jeff) for being the perfect team mates. Hopefully we can crack either the LeMans/Spa 24hr races together!

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread