iRacing Endurance Le Mans Series - 20S4 Week 8 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza (1 Viewer)

Endurance Le Mans Series - 20S4 Week 8 - Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Posted by m4nu
iRacing
Sunday, November 8, 2020 - 14:00
Until: Sunday, November 8, 2020 - 20:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Reply in the thread is enough :)
Ok, do we get an team invite on iracing or are we not driving officially for RSR? Second question, will there be academy channels in TS or are we using the team ones?

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok, do we get an team invite on iracing or are we not driving officially for RSR? Second question, will there be academy channels in TS or are we using the team ones?
Everyone was invited 2 weeks ago to all teams. You do not have any team invites?

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
No invite received
I know now why. At the time we created the new teams you were still inactive in iRacing. I guess thats why you had no invites.

Rafael

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race report

To compete in Monza with the GTE Corvette and being permanently surrounded by LMP1 and Dallaras is definitely a huge risk - potential crash festival :oops:
Of course @Selly and I were aware of that, but we said to ourselves: what the heck... challenge accepted.
Since I'm still having a little trouble with the GTEs, I practiced a lot the days before to be reasonably fit for the race. We were really looking foward to the race. The anticipation became even bigger as @C. Tscharf gave us a really fast setup. Thanks a lot for that!

We drove the race on Saturday evening, and there were well over 400 team registrations, not bad! I already suspected, that it wouldn't quite be enough for Split 1 and so it came, that we ended up in Split 2.

Qualifying:
Selly drove as the start driver of course also the qualifying and there it was already very close. In the second lap Selly did magic once again and tickled everything out so that we achieved a really strong seventh place. This position should be a good basis for an extremely successful race.

Race:
Right at the beginning it was already very thrilling. We made it through the first few laps without touching or other problems and we were able to hold the position and even make up a place, if I'm not mistaken. We only let pass one car (5k driver) after a few laps, because he was very close behind us in the chicanes and we didn't want to risk a crash.
Selly drove a flawless double stint and as I took over, we were around P5 with a small gap to the front. Only P1 was able to pull away a bit.
Unfortunately my double stint didn't run without any problems, but it was much better than in the last races. So the trend is upwards. I lost my rhythm for a few laps in the second stint and also had an avoidable spin, which luckily had no consequences except for a loss of 8 seconds.
When I handed over to Selly again, we were around P7 and the gap to the podium had grown to about 30 seconds. Selly immediately put me in the role of chief strategist, because now everything had to go like clockwork. While keeping an eye on the traffic, I calculated the amount of fuel needed and distributed it optimally over the upcoming stints.
Selly drove one qualifying lap after the other and caught up bit by bit. But at the same time he had to watch out for the tires to make sure it would last until the end. A mammoth task that was crowned with success. Not only did we catch up bit by bit, we also hit the bull's eye with our adapted strategy when we came back on the track directly in front of our competitor after our last stop.
We were now in P4 and in the last 20 minutes Selly fired off a real firework and demonstrated his skills with two outstanding overtaking maneuvers at the limit. P2! Congratulations my dear :)

Conclusion:
An excellent result for RSR and very happy faces on our side. In addition, especially in the GTE class, the guys drove mainly very reasonable. Also the suspected "Crash Festival" did not happen. So Monza can come back with pleasure.

See you next time
Selly and Rafael

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Me and @Jeff[NL] had an eventful weekend to say the least...

Saturday PM session was our only planned session of the week. Jeff made an uncharacteristic mistake by locking up his brakes into Turn 3 on lap 1 and made contact with another car. We managed to escape with no damage and only losing 1 position after the slow down penalty but unfortunately when we came to lap the guy we made contact with, he sent us into space :( (we have reported him)

A bit down-beat, we decided to do the Sunday PM session praying for a clean race. Jeff qualified P3 and we had a very clean start. Jeff finished his first stint in P2 with a gap of 3s to P1. I managed to overtake the guy in 1st half way through my triple stint putting us in a really good position at the half way stage. We fuel-saved like crazy in the last 2 hours but sadly had to pit on the last lap for a splash and dash costing us the winning spot and resigning us to a P2 finish. Still a great result in 2nd split and a nice relief after the result in the first attempt.

Onto Nurburgring GP in 2 weeks time for the next round of iELMS and pre-qualifying for the Winter VLN!

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Me and @Jeff[NL] had an eventful weekend to say the least...

Saturday PM session was our only planned session of the week. Jeff made an uncharacteristic mistake by locking up his brakes into Turn 3 on lap 1 and made contact with another car. We managed to escape with no damage and only losing 1 position after the slow down penalty but unfortunately when we came to lap the guy we made contact with, he sent us into space :( (we have reported him)

A bit down-beat, we decided to do the Sunday PM session praying for a clean race. Jeff qualified P3 and we had a very clean start. Jeff finished his first stint in P2 with a gap of 3s to P1. I managed to overtake the guy in 1st half way through my triple stint putting us in a really good position at the half way stage. We fuel-saved like crazy in the last 2 hours but sadly had to pit on the last lap for a splash and dash costing us the winning spot and resigning us to a P2 finish. Still a great result in 2nd split and a nice relief after the result in the first attempt.

Onto Nurburgring GP in 2 weeks time for the next round of iELMS and pre-qualifying for the Winter VLN!
Hope you protested this guy..

Users who are viewing this thread