Project CARS 2 Endurance Tips!? (1 Viewer)

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Since I'm just now getting into the almighty endurance scene, anyone got any endurance racing tips? Can be anything!
Struggling to find anything online that's not tips for racing the 24 of Lemons :p

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Endurance racing is waaaay more about consistency than outright speed, so make sure you focus on that before trying to be the fastest car on the track. I find endurance races require a lot more practice beforehand compared to other races mainly to make sure consistent lap times become second nature, which allows you to focus on other things i.e. strategy.

I personally find it super important to do long practice runs and guarantee you know exactly how your race strategy will play out if everything goes to plan, which means knowing exactly how much fuel you use each lap therefore how much you will need at each stop (which may differ), when you will stop, will you take tyres? which tyre compound? You want your entire race strategy already planned out before the race starts otherwise trying to do it on the fly will only result is a loss of concentration which leads to slower lap times or even worse crashing.

Once you have that worked out, then plan for if your strategy doesn't go to plan. Will you pit to fix damage? What damage effects my car the most? Will you top up fuel early? Will your tyre strategy change to go for a long stint? It's important to have things like repair-only strategies, etc already in place so you can quickly switch on the fly and know it's already all planned out.

The only other things to remember is the day and night phases of endurance races are quite different so be sure to test out your setup in both and make sure you tyre pressures are appropriate for both as well as practicing your pit entry so you can minimize your time in the pits and make sure you don't bin it into a wall when you're tired and not concentrating 100%.

That's just my two cents and how I approach endurance races :)

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you! That helps a bunch.

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You know, sometimes you come across something old that puts a smile on your face. :)

Reactions: Tom

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Remember when...? It's so funny. Coming into Le Mans, I had just below 1200 iR, lowest stats out of all the drivers. Did totally fine in the race, spin here or there, road rage at lapped cars. Go into Daytona not 8 months later, best stats on the team, literally no spins throughout the entire race, wreck avoidance on point. I'm not only proud of the team for that last race, but really proud of myself. Come a long way :D

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
"best stats on the team" - hold on there cowboy, @Battenberg had the fastest lap, @SillySausage had the best safe in the bus stop at night and I had the most incidents, right? :cool:

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
iR that is ;) Still applies :D

Users who are viewing this thread