Assetto Corsa Evolution Series - Rd 1: Brands Hatch (1 Viewer)

Evolution Series - Rd 1: Brands Hatch
Posted by m4nu
Assetto Corsa
Tuesday, June 9, 2020 - 18:30
Until: Tuesday, June 9, 2020 - 23:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

BakedCake420

Community Member
Reaction score
A good old restart fixed the issue for me, no idea what it was

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really sorry to lots of people in race 2, especially @Darksi . You and 2 others were chasing me down, I knew there was no point in trying to race or defend as you were all faster, so I was going to let you all pass up into T2. Unfortunately I got it all wrong going down the hill out of T1 and spun out and hit you. Feel free to take it to the stewards.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really sorry to lots of people in race 2, especially @Darksi . You and 2 others were chasing me down, I knew there was no point in trying to race or defend as you were all faster, so I was going to let you all pass up into T2. Unfortunately I got it all wrong going down the hill out of T1 and spun out and hit you. Feel free to take it to the stewards.

No need to take to stewards for me. All good racing and could see it was an accident. See you in next race :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Going from mini to V12 formula 1 will be quite traumatic

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, thank you very much for some fun races!

Sorry @Puffpirat for that kiss in the first hairpin. I just locked the brakes. Falling back to almost last and getting back to P8 in the first race was something. Good battles along the way as well with @t0daY, @The Wayfaerer and @Laiders! Thanx!

In the second race I got a drive thru penalty right at the start. Served it in the 2nd lap and fell back to dead last. I focussed on getting back to the field and in the end had an amazing battle with @Darksi, @Laiders and @hinesy32 and was able to get P10 just one lap before the end I think.

Congrats @David Siska with the race win in the 2nd race! I hope I can get some better finishes as @David Siska is having all the caviar and champagne to himself :D.

Looking forward to next week all!

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there any way for me to enable auto throttle blip for this car? I must admit, not having an h-shifter is quite frustrating when I have to lift to paddle shift. It just doesn't feel right. I was losing time to everyone on the straight last night.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Is there any way for me to enable auto throttle blip for this car? I must admit, not having an h-shifter is quite frustrating when I have to lift to paddle shift. It just doesn't feel right. I was losing time to everyone on the straight last night.
Screenshot_3.png

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that only sets auto blip on the way down the gears Ricardo. I don't think there's any way to get AC to automatically cut the throttle on upshifts.

Awesome racing last night guys, can't wait for next week! @Battenberg, did you stream the races last night?

Last edited:

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm fairly sure that only sets auto blip on the way down the gears Ricardo. I don't think there's anyway to get AC to automatically cut the throttle on upshifts.

Awesome racing last night guys, can't wait for next week! @Battenberg, did you stream the races last night?
Autoblip is an auto heel and toe, not auto gas cut for upshifts, yes it feels awkward to lift and paddle shift if not i get a big hit in dd like i'm going over a big sausage curb, and yes driving this cars with formula wheel feels awkward too :confused:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm also assuming this car doesn't have ABS.

It was a close qualifying session last night, I think the top 11/12 were all within a second of pole. But come the race, I lost any pace I had in qualifying. I only seem to have one speed, average, or very slow. I'm always hearing people go on about doing qualy runs, or race runs, but it all is the same to me apart from fuel load, and this car doesn't seem overly effected by fuel load. Are people making big geometry changes to the setup between qualifying and race?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Great racing again last night, really loving this series!

Thanks for the replies. I'm also assuming this car doesn't have ABS.

It was a close qualifying session last night, I think the top 11/12 were all within a second of pole. But come the race, I lost any pace I had in qualifying. I only seem to have one speed, average, or very slow. I'm always hearing people go on about doing qualy runs, or race runs, but it all is the same to me apart from fuel load, and this car doesn't seem overly effected by fuel load. Are people making big geometry changes to the setup between qualifying and race?

I just used the same setup for race and qualy, same fuel as well as I didn’t think it’d make enough of a difference to save the worry of starting a race on the wrong fuel! The tyres did seem to go off much more noticeably at Brands than they did at Nurburgring.

Users who are viewing this thread