• Sign-ups have opened for the very first Blancpain Challenge in Assetto Corsa Competizione!
    More information about the upcoming league can be found here!

AC Resolved Evolution Series - S1 - Round 1 - Last Chicane Incident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Siska

Date: 7th January 2019
Event: Evolution Series DTM Round 1 - Zolder
Members Involved: @Ulti
Description: Please have a look at this incident. I want you to decide who was at fault. In the first corner of the last chicane Ulti touched my car's back, causing me to spin. Then he didn't waited. He wasn't next to me through the braking distance, only after we begun to turn.
Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff

Ulti

Steam
View
In my defense I think he was going way too slow through the corner and had a lot of room on the right side as well. I kept in my lane and took the corner as a I should. Also had 2 other cars coming in hot behind me so if I slowed down it would've caused an even bigger accident, people in my livestream chat told me after the race that the contact wasn't my fault and I felt the same way so I kept on racing.

I can't download my stream sadly, but I will accept a penalty if decided so by stewards

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
The stewards have completed their enquiries and discussions in this case and are penalising @Ulti with a 30-second time penalty in addition to 2 License Points being added to his racing license.

Although the initial contact appeared to be relatively minor, the stewards took a dim view of Ulti's subsequent actions, namely driving away having unilaterally decided that the incident was not his fault. As per article 1.1.3 of our Driving Standards:

• 1.1.3 - If you accidentally knock/push/shunt another car off the track, you must slow down and wait for them to rejoin the race and take back their position. Every driver is to be shown the same level of respect. This rule can only be overruled by the affected driver telling you over voice chat to keep going.

In such instances, the only person who can tell you it is OK to continue driving on is the driver you made contact with. The views of other drivers or viewers are not relevant.

Thread closed for further comments @David Siska @Ulti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)