• We have successfully upgraded to XenForo 2.1! Some plugins are still broken and/or need an upgrade. We are working on it,
    but this may take a couple of days until everything is back to normal. But the main forum functions are working normally.
    More information about the new features of XenForo 2.1 can be found here!

AC Pending Evolution Series - S1 - Round 5 - Contact with a lapping car. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekymunkey78

Date: 11/02/2019
Event: Evolution Series - Season 1: DTMRound 5: Norisring
Member Involved: @Alex Salmon
Replay Timestamp / Lap: see Assetto Corsa replay file
Description: Approaching the first Hairpin I had 5 cars behind me and I know at least 3 of them were fighting for the lead but the 5th car I wanted to keep behind me. I wanted to let them past to not get involved with the leader, but I wanted to keep the car I was racing behind me. As I slowed down instead of stopping I wanted to keep the car rolling - I miss judged how far back they were and we all entered the Hairpin. My only option was to keep as tight to the corner as possible, Unfortunately on the exit of the corner without me touching the accelerator, contact was made with Alex causing him to spin.

Is this classed as my fault or should Alex have given me more room or just a racing incident?

Evidence: http://www.filedropper.com/alex_2 (This is an Assetto Corsa replay file)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff

Alex Salmon

Steam
View
First of all thanks for putting this up and also waiting after I got turned round.

I've had a look through the replay and yeah I've not really got much to say, it was unlucky but yeah I think you could have probably dealt with it a bit better. I saw you on the inside off the track and thought you were getting out the way so i got back to focusing on Diluvian without realizing your plan on rejoining the track. I took my normal line and yeah... things happened. I think in all honesty you shouldn't need to back off that badly when being lapped. you can just take the corner as usual and lift on the next straight or if you want to let us by go wide at the hairpin. its all about being predictable and I have to be honest it wasn't really in this case. I suppose where you ended up after letting the others go you had little choice on what to do but from my perspective you probably would have been better off not going into the turn before all the cars had passed or the slightly messier option would have been staying off the track on the inside.

At the end of the day it happens. I have to apologize for the initial outburst but I just cant seem to get a break this season.

cheekymunkey78

@Alex Salmon Thanks for the feedback, I can take this advice and learn from it to try and prevent this type of incident from happening again (especially on tight tracks).

I would still like clarity on this from the Stewards - Is this classed as my fault or should Alex have given me more room or just a racing incident?

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to Stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)