• We have successfully upgraded to XenForo 2.1! Some plugins are still broken and/or need an upgrade. We are working on it,
    but this may take a couple of days until everything is back to normal. But the main forum functions are working normally.
    More information about the new features of XenForo 2.1 can be found here!

AC Pending Evolution Series - S1 - Round 5 - Hitting a lapped car (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheekymunkey78

Date: 11/02/2019
Event: Evolution Series - Season 1: DTMRound 5: Norisring
Member Involved: @Jomba
Replay Timestamp / Lap: see Assetto Corsa replay file, incident on last lap of replay, 7 previous laps included for reference.
Description: The contact was 100% my fault but I was behind the blue flagged car for 7 laps.

Contact in to the first hairpin causing @Jomba to spin, I broke later and had more speed mid corner, I thought I was much closer than the replay shows and I didn't react in time and hit Jomba's back wing. I was faster than him but had to follow for 7 laps, having to brake very early and heavy in to the corners but this one I missed. the contact was 100% my fault but I believe there was enough time for the Blue flagged car to move out of the way which would have resulted in this incident never happening.

Evidence: http://www.filedropper.com/jomba (This is a .zip file of an Assetto Corsa replay file)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff

Jomba

Steam
View
Nothing much to say. Clearly munkey's fault, although i'm not sure why he didn't wait for me. Maybe he tought that rule doesn't apply since i was a lap down.

Regarding being lap down: I didn't let him pass because he wasn't faster then me, he didn't come close enough (like 0.5 secs behind) nor did he attempt to pass me. I have no problem letting faster guys on, but cheekymunkey did not outpace me, i wasn't slowing him down.
Having to brake earlier is just a fact of racing in a pack; i had to do the same thing to dama in front.

No hard feelings from my side, things like that happen in close racing.

cheekymunkey78

@Jomba - Thanks for the no hard feelings, appreciate it.

This is why I raised this one as a Stewards Enquiry, I need educating on this, the contact was my fault but I would really like some clarity on Blue Flag rules in this league. I was constantly 0.5 seconds behind as I was having to brake early (very different) in to the corners due Jomba's pace and I was waiting for him to move out of the way. I also flashed a few times.

Too complicate things Jomba was following another car that I believe was holding him up but I was racing the car in front.

I would like a stewards judgment on whether Jomba should have let me past earlier or not at all due to pack racing and also how close does someone need to get before being "allowed" past.

In the last two races I have suddenly found an increase in speed that now puts me in the pack and I have found I am in a position to lap cars for the first time and would like some clarity on it so I can become better educated and avoid situations like this happening again.

In addition, clarity on waiting for a lapped car if I cause a crash will also help. Now I look back it is obvious I should have waited but clarity would be nice.

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to stewards.

All information should be given in the Original Post(OP) and should not be discussed further unless the stewards request further information. Please remember this in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)