AC Evolution Series - S2 - R5: Virginia International Raceway - 28th May 2019 (1 Viewer)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Orange Zone Investigation

Incidents:

Race 1

8:01 - @Ellisimo @miagi - Minor contact between both drivers
> Penalty: No Further Action

8:55 - @Puffpirat @Exited - Puffpirat misjudged his braking point and gives Exited a little nudge

Race 2
7:55 - @Mr AlcoN @miagi - Minor contact between both drivers

7:58 - @Noztra @Battenberg - Battenberg tries to overtake on the outside line, makes little contact with Noztra which unsettles his car.
> Penalty: Reprimand for @Battenberg

8:05 - @David Siska @Noztra - Minor contact between both drivers

8:08 - @Noztra @Corentin_Bergès @Exited - Noztra made contact with Corentin_Bergès, Exited could not evade and hit Noztra in the rear

8:16 - @Alex Salmon @Noztra - Alex Salmon overtook Noztra offtrack, additionally made contact with Noztra
> Penalty: 15s time penalty + 1 Licence point for @Alex Salmon

8:36 - @Mr AlcoN @miagi - Minor contact between both drivers

Lap 1 Track Limit Violations:
We are issuing a warning to the following drivers for not respecting track limits in lap 1. A 2nd warning in any of the remaining rounds will automatically be converted into a time penalty:

Race 1: @Jamesl91 @Ricardo Macieira @Darksi @Corentin_Bergès @cheekymunkey78 @Exited
Race 2: @Noztra, @Alex Salmon, @Mazy CZ, @Exited, @miagi

Already warned: N/A

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Random Track Limit Check Ups:
In general we were not very happy with the track limits of most of the drivers in this round. We would like to ask everyone to check his own two races and ask himself if it is in line with the driving standards you agreed on in the beginning of the season.

Please post your off-tracks by following the template below:
Off-Tracks R1: 99x
Off-Tracks R2: 99x
Link of replays: https://revolutionsimracing.com/resources/season-2-race-5-virginia-international-raceway.353/

@JetPistol @Alex Salmon @Puffpirat @Mazy CZ @Exited @Corentin_Bergès @David Siska @Battenberg @Noztra @DannyvdMeer @Jeff[NL] @hinesy32 @miagi @Mr AlcoN @kobusnell @Ellisimo @Jomba @Darksi @cheekymunkey78 @Ricardo Macieira @Jamesl91

miagi

Steward
Off-Tracks R1: 9x
Off-Tracks R2: 4x

Not proud of R1 at all. After the heavy crash with spinning Jomba I had trouble with the car. Well in real life the car would have been totaled :dead:
R2 was more like it, had a PLP Cut when Noztra was pulling sick drifts in front of me ;) and 2 of 4 are small off-tracks.

Jomba

Steam
View
Off-Tracks R1: 15x
Off-Tracks R2: 12x

edit: Adjusted a bit, because id did lift after some of bigger cuts out of turn 6. Other times when i was juts slightly over the kerb however, i did not. Cuts happened on the exit of turn 3 (too far on the outside kerb), out of turn 6 (kerb on the left) and out of turn 7 (uphill hairpin) when i crossed the white line).

Last edited:

DannyvdMeer

Probationer
Steam
View
Off-Tracks R1: 7x (including 3 times where i completely left the track/spon off and lost a lot of time)
Off-Tracks R2: 4x

JetPistol

Steward
Just for further clarification: as per our driving standards, the track is determined by the white lines. If those aren't drawn on the track, the outer edge of the asphalt counts as a substitute. Curbs are not considered a part of the track unless stated otherwise. Therefore - as for VIR - at least the two wheels of either side of the vehicle need to have contact with the asphalt for all the time. Else it's counted as an offtrack - that's how we as stewards have been counting for the track limit check ups. Special ruling applies for the exit of T3 where we've declared the curb not to be part of the track during the briefing and therefore the asphalt defines the outer edge of the track.

Last edited:

Corentin_Bergès

Steam
View
Special ruling applies for the exit of T3 where we've declared the curb not to be part of the track during the briefing and therefore the asphalt defines the outer edge of the track
Oupsy
Off-Tracks R1: 10x (3x T4 6x T3 1x T6/7)
Off-Tracks R2: 16x (5 cuts, the rest is T3 where i thought grey part was track and curb was the coloured thing, sometimes more (1m) than others (a few cms). My bad :(

JetPistol

Steward
Further clarification on the counting scheme we use. It's NOT considered an track limit infringement if you:
- spin out on your own or leave the track due to contact with another driver
- avoid crashes or spun out cars
- proactively hand back any timed gained (by either lifting or braking afterwards); we need to see the commitment to give back the time

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

Steam
View
I did some check yesterday on race 2.. It was actually painfull to watch and stopped counting after getting in the double numbers. Not my driving style imo, main reason because i had hardware issues during the 2 races and the car felt like a nightmare. I posted it in the Virginia thread after the race last week. I understand we drivers always have excuses for things that happening and i am not happy with those 2 races at all.

If you really want i will count both races but both are probably the same outcome.

Mazy CZ

Off-track R1 - 17x :facepalm::yuck::oops::inpain:
Off-track R2 - 18x :mad::eek::wtf::bag:

No excuses. Maybe Ioverheard that the greyish kerbs are actually kerbs and not thick lines. My bad. Only positive is "consistency". Most of my cuts were on the T6 (the tighter righthander on the back sweeping straight) and then in the lefthander just before the dangerous dip going onto main straight. Minor cuts, but it doesnt justify things.

David Siska

Off-Tracks R1: 4x (Not sure about 2)
Off-Tracks R2: 2x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)