• Sign-ups have opened for the 8th season of the Revolution Cup in Project CARS 2!
    More information about the upcoming league can be found here!

AC Resolved Evolution Series S3 R1 - Eau rouge contact (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesl91

Team rFactor 2
Staff
Steam
View
Date: 13/08/2019
Event: Evolution Series Round 1 - Spa
Member Involved:
@T.rev.1 @Ricardo Macieira
Description: Having caught T.rev.1 i took a wider line in Turn 1 to get a better run with the hope of passing him ASAP, i decided to back out of a side by side move into Eau Rouge. T.rev.1 made a mistake and hit the kerb half way up the hill, i believe this unsettled his car causing him to run wide at the top of the hill. he then rejoined in a slightly dangerous manner which i had to take avoiding action by running off track. unaware if T.rev.1 had fully recovered i decided it was better to keep my foot in and allow him to take the position back further down the straight. I rejoined at the same time T.rev.1 was trying to defend and we had contact. this also resulted in Ricardo being involved which is unfortunate. As a result of this incident i had too much damage to safely return to the pits so Retired 2 corners later. What i dont understand is why defend at such an unusual angle which was directed towards the barrier at the time of contact espeically when Helicorsa should have been in use and shown exactly where i was. This is nothing personal T.rev.1 but my race was ruined from this moment.
Evidence:

Ricardo Macieira

Team Assetto Corsa
Staff
Steam
View
What can i say about it,yeah i was behind them and i noticed they had contact and i thought james car would stay on right side but yeah it didnt so i didnt had time to react

T.rev.1

Steam
View
Please accept my apologies, Sorry to you both @Jamesl91 @Ricardo Macieira. Yes i did realise you were beside me on the run down which did distract me slightly. On the way out it looked to me that you were slightly behind, then i lost exactly where you were, thinking that you were still behind on my left side, i realised you wasn't when i felt the contact. I would much rather you had passed me then me defend, as this was my first foray back into racing my goal was to finish without incidents as much as is reasonably possible. Once again sorry to have ruined your races.

t0daY

Head of RSR
Staff
Steam
View
Please accept my apologies, Sorry to you both @Jamesl91 @Ricardo Macieira. Yes i did realise you were beside me on the run down which did distract me slightly. On the way out it looked to me that you were slightly behind, then i lost exactly where you were, thinking that you were still behind on my left side, i realised you wasn't when i felt the contact. I would much rather you had passed me then me defend, as this was my first foray back into racing my goal was to finish without incidents as much as is reasonably possible. Once again sorry to have ruined your races.
Are you using the Helicorsa App?

T.rev.1

Steam
View
Are you using the Helicorsa App?
Yes I am.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)