Fanatec & Black Friday (1 Viewer)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Damn so tempted to get some V3 pedals now....

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
Damn so tempted to get some V3 pedals now....
I'm not tempted i'm not tempted i'm not tempted i'm not tempted i'm not tempted i'm not tempted i'm not tempted o_Oo_Oo_O
Maybe if i keep telling me that i'll believe it :rolleyes:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I have t3pa pro with load cell, how much better are the V3's ... anyone made the upgrade?

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
0,6 s per Lap
;)

That assumes I have the talent to make the most of them :oops:... gah you're not helping, well you are, but my wife won't thank you ;)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
i just followed the rsr affiliate link to amazon, to check out the current pricing on V3's, and on there they are £568 ??? Are amazon up to their usual tricks? :oops:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i just followed the rsr affiliate link to amazon, to check out the current pricing on V3's, and on there they are £568 ??? Are amazon up to their usual tricks? :oops:
I think it's Fanatec website only. I've kept an eye on amazon for the V3's, US site, and it is never available. If it is it's another supplier/2nd hand and very expensive.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
don't buy fanatec from amazon, use their official site, on amazon all fanatec stuff is overpriced because fanatec has to pay amazon to sell through their site...

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
From the Fanatec blog:

Black Friday 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024, 2025 ...
After reading all the feedback about our Black Friday 2019 offers, I thought about what could explain the negativity of some posts.
In the lead-up to the holiday season, and we all make wish lists, and if we don't get what we want, it can be disappointing. I think many of us know that feeling if you look under the Christmas tree and the thing you dreamed about is not there. Perhaps this is a similar situation.
What did we do differently compared to recent years? Not much. We always offered just a few products with a decent discount and even announced limited editions (Formula 2018) or new products (McLaren). We don’t encourage customers to wait for Black Friday because we prefer continuous sales and not big peaks.
Where we clearly failed was to manage expectations. And this is the reason for this post; I want to manage the expectations for future Black Fridays.
Future sales will be based on these basic rules:
· Fanatec usually does not run sales or special prices throughout the year. There is one day per year when we sell products at a discount, and this is Black Friday.
· There will be only one or two products (bundles or individual products) on discount. There will never be a general discount of X% on all products or free shipping. This would just accumulate most sales to this one day and create massive handling and logistic problems.
· The discounted products will be popular sellers, but unlikely to be newly launched products or products we’ve had on sale before.
· The discount will be significant and in the range of 20% to 30%.
· On top of the discounted products, we might sell a limited edition with special colors or better materials like the Shifter with Carbon Fiber knobs this year which also has a price advantage of about 30%.
· We might also use Black Friday to launch a new product without discount.

This is how we did it in the past and this is how we want to do it in the future.
Fanatec products usually have a very long life cycle; products like the BMW steering wheel have remained in our portfolio for over eight years. The prices on our products usually only go up over time (due to manufacturing costs and inflation), which means strong used value too. We are not fans of stimulating sales with discounts and we prefer to convince customers with quality, features, functionality, and a strong price-performance ratio. Our general pricing already represents good value due to the fact that we sell directly from our own website instead of retail.
I don't believe in cheap. I believe in value. The craziness around Black Friday does not change our principles.
And please don't get hyped nor disappointed. Buy the things you really enjoy and nothing more.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think that is a very fair comment. I've worked in sales for almost 20 years, and the hype around discount is always the same. It is a shame that what I actually need (my current wheel is moments away from dying) isn't going to be on offer. It just means I will need to buy a t the usual price. I'm going to hang on until Friday anyway, you never know, there could be a little surprise or two in there.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Reminds me of never getting a Fleischmann slot racing set for Christmas.... only a Faller track and Matchbox cars :( ..had a lot of fun with those though

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Amazing how there are some (not here, I'm talking generally - we had our fair share in our shop over the years) that think businesses are a charity and not there to actually make money :rolleyes:

Sales are usually there to get rid of excess inventory or shift old model lines. A company like Fanatec is not the type that is likely to have either, so why (some) people are getting in a pickle over a v.small range of discounts is quite beyond me.

/rant

EDIT: Now why is nowhere selling the brand new Panasonic 65" OLED TV at half-price. It's not fair, it's Black Friday, I demand 80% off this new thing that is already selling well enough to not need a sale.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
This just means the V3 pedals deal has to be taken now, because they might not do it again...and I'm not shelling out for Heusenkveld pedals...

I agree @Cluck I like a deal as much as the next person, even on Black Friday they are rarely as good as they are made out to be, businesses are not charities as you say...

I waited to order the Accuforce hoping they'd discount it, $75 is better than nothing and I was planning to get it anyhow...so to me that's a good deal.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
The deals don't appear on the website at the moment, anybody know if there is a code or something that I need to use. I'm probably going to get the V3's. I love having a birthday on Black Friday, I can get what I want and apologise later with... "but look it was such a great deal!" lol

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

EDIT: SOLD OUT!

Last edited:

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The deals don't appear on the website at the moment, anybody know if there is a code or something that I need to use. I'm probably going to get the V3's. I love having a birthday on Black Friday, I can get what I want and apologise later with... "but look it was such a great deal!" lol
Select the menu at the top, there is a separate section in the store titled black Friday

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score

EDIT: SOLD OUT!

Just managed to get in before it sold out! phew that was close...

Anybody want my t3pa pro pedals with load cell kit?

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just managed to get in before it sold out! phew that was close...

Anybody want my t3pa pro pedals with load cell kit?

I got the same minus the load cell haha

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Repeat with me:
-i dont' need podium
-i dont' need podium
-i dont' need podium
-i dont' need podium
-i dont' need podium
-i dont' need podium

Users who are viewing this thread