Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V3 Brake Performance Kit - which elastomer spring combination is best? (1 Viewer)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
It's not painted it's anodized. That helps the situation a little as the anodized layer is harder than the aluminium. It's usually just a layer of 25µm. Although in red it's probably not hard anodized.
These Chinese guys surely know how to tighten their red screws, probably inspired by the communist party anodizing them in red ;)

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mine were tight aswell, make sure you place the key in correctly, making sure it cannot "pop" out and then turn.
I made the mistake with that on the rig and one of the bolts is messed up now (not that it ever needs to come out, but I misplaced the key and ruined the hexagon). If you place it right it won't go nuts on you #worstpunever

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Fanatec manual says all red screws need to stay untouched! ... So mounted pedal set to the wheel stand with screws buttom up through wheelstand, instead of top down as mentioned in the wheel stand instructions... issue fixed ;)
Will send message to Wheel Stand Pro that their instructions are incorrect.

exiges

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried all the combinations and ended up with 1 green 13mm and 1 red 13mm with no PU foam.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I tried all the combinations and ended up with 1 green 13mm and 1 red 13mm with no PU foam.
Isn't the small PU mandatory, as the colored rubbers are smaller than the original PU parts? Might damage the sensor in the long run....not sure... just guestimation

exiges

Community Member
Reaction score
Pressure is pressure, even with the foam you would be transferring the same load to the cell.

Miyagi earlier on in this thread runs without the foam too.

I wanted a pedal feel similar to that I experience in a real car on track, with foam there was too much squish.

CRMS

Community Member
Reaction score
Installing the BPK and the web info and instructions conflict.

BPK instructions indicate put the PU foam spring + 2 elastomers. Chart also has Medium 2 x 12mm Green. There is only 1 12mm Green in the box, (and one Red 12mm.)

Web info "The PU foam spring is an optional component to set up a lighter start force“.

So, where is a good place to start?? From original with maximum preload??

Having read here, consensus seems to be Medium - 13R + 13G with no PU foam??

Or something else??

Also, with pedals bolted down on a rig, the instructions to swivel brake assembly downwards is a pain.

If the brake rumble motor is removed, the assembly can be swivelled topwards. Remove 2 screws and cylinder lifts away and sponges can be knocked out.

And when I reassemble, the small allen screw will be on the top, not the bottom. May be neater on the bottom, but not for getatability!!

Users who are viewing this thread