Fanatec Clubsport Shifter with PC2 / G920 Wheel (1 Viewer)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
so I caved and got this...

20180129_215115.jpg

...but I foolishly assumed it would just work...

The shifter is calibrated, the fanatec calibration tool shows it shifting correctly. The drivers/firmware are up to date. But it will just not work in Pproject cars 2. I've tried editing the gears in the key bindings, but changing gears doesn't identify a button or anything like that.

Does anyone have experience with this problem, or the wheel/shifter combination? It's currently a very expensive ornament...

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
(EDITED) SOLVED: You need to
  1. switch from logitech to fanatec CSW 2.5 (the logitech wheel and paddles just continue to work...no idea why :D
  2. configure the buttons in the "Edit Assignments" area, but you must switch into and out of the desired gear for it to register the input correctly. If you didn't do step one this step will also fail

I haven't worked out why this is not enough to get the sequential shifter mode working though. Buttons register, but it ignores them regardless, and paddle shifting on the G920 continues to work

Surely someone has a fanatec shifter and knows the magic of getting both paddles and stick to do the sequential thing?

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m not sure this works on a non Fanatec base. In my csw settings there is a checkbox “map sequential shifter to paddles” (or similar to this).

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I’m not sure this works on a non Fanatec base. In my csw settings there is a checkbox “map sequential shifter to paddles” (or similar to this).
I've found someone suggesting that you can cheat with "JoyToKey", and map everything to something like [ and ]

Users who are viewing this thread