Fanatec Podium DD1 & DD2 (1 Viewer)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
MUST.NOT.MOUNT.TONIGHT xD

1BC3D3E8-ACA1-4AD0-8459-E94EF8012E8A.jpeg

I’ll do the AC league race with the old wheel, hopefully a good send off :)

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ok its in the house.... already did some fitting to check how i am going to mount it on the rig. I need to make something so i can use the sidemounts, for now i use 2 on the bottom only and only going to do some testing with very low FFB for safety. Anyway what @Puffpirat said theres a race tonight so probably last one with G27 i hope :D

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Uhm maybe i mis something but should there be a torque key ?

ok.... i need to wait longer damnit. No torque key in the box :banghead:

Last edited:

Rexxody

Community Member
Reaction score
First impressions from my DD1 and racing with it in iracing:

Mounting was easy, but I had some troubles getting it to work properly after the firmware update. Before the update everything was as usual, but I couldn't see the base anymore in the Fanatec Wheel Property Page after the update. If someone has the same problem, then take a look on the display of the wheelbase. If it says XBox, then turn off the base, take the wheel off and turn the base on again. You can see now PC instead of XBox in the display. Just mount the wheel again and everything should be fine again.
At first I used the Fanatec settings that @Puffpirat shared with us on Discord and they are a good base to start with. I turned off the linear mode, because I like to feel the beats from the road,
I can feel the input from the road now a bit faster, compared to my old V2 and I have the feeling that it helps to feel faster if the car is going sideways.

I had the issue with being in xBox mode after the firmware update too, but didn't notice it for like 10min and installed everything again and again :D every rim has a button combo that you can press to change modes though. You can also change to CSW V2.5 compatability mode for older or unsupported games that way (F1 2018 would be such an example). The button combo should be somewhere in the quick starter guide for your rim.
Post automatically merged:

Now my first impressions of it...
As this was not only an upgrade from other Fanatec stuff for me, I had quite a big delivery arrive yesterday, with the DD1, V3 Pedals and the McLaren GT3 rim + QR adapter.

Mounting all of it to my rig was pretty easy. Installing all the drivers and firmware took a bit, not only because I didn't see that the base started in X-Box mode after the first driver update, but also because of all the new gear everytime an update was done the message came up that another component needed one :D

Once it was all set up it worked without any issues though. I used the recommended settings from Fanatec too and in iRacing they worked pretty well as a start, although as mentioned above the FFB is way too strong in cars like the IR18. In the GT3s it was pretty good already though. It took me longer to get a good setting for the brakes and I also think that's the area where I need to get used to the most coming from the G29 to actual load cell brakes.

All in all my first impression is very positive, apart form the minor confusion while installing the drivers I didn't come across any difficulties or problems yet.

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok little update : Key is on its way and i updated firmware and stuff. Apparently it was needed because omg its already strong now ! Did some laps in a porsche rsr 2017 feels good but i noticed that i need to tweak more. On straight the wheel vibrates and when i let go the wheel it goes left and right by itself (oscillating or how do you spell it ? :bag: ) Bigger wheel feels good also feels very on point in steering inputs.

So where can i find any settings what people have tried or are running on ?
Post automatically merged:

Maybe this is helpfull. Gonna give it a try tomorrrow

Couldnt wait yesterday to try... resulted in not much sleep last night . Compared to my old wheel this feels fantastic in ACC. I used the settings form link posted above had to adjust FFB power because of missing toque key but overall feels good.

Last edited:

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So any guys have recommendations in FFB settings for AC and ACC ?
Somehow i just cant get the sweet spot i like best....

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Haven’t driven either yet. Maybe play with natural damper and friction. For pc2 I have both off because the game does this well by itself but for iracing I had natural damper on 20 and friction on 4 because it was missing weight and turning too fast/easy.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well. I have most experience with AC so i try first to get it right there. Much to play around with and sometimes it feels good but then theres much vibration when going straight. I did not try the friction much maybe i need to try it. Natural damping feels best i think on 100 in AC. Did some testing with the Ginetta without ABS to find understeer feel i think it should almost feel te same.

Users who are viewing this thread