Fanatec V3' (1 Viewer)

G

Gopher04

Has anyone who owns the V3's pedals swapped or atleast tried both of the options for the brake ie, damper kit vs performance kit, I've watched one review on them but just wanted to know if anyone here had tried both, can't make my mind up, don't want to make 2 orders, or just order both?

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've been running a standard set of V3's for a year now with the damper kit installed on the brake. Why use the damper kit I hear you ask, because I bought it with the pedals and didn't want to waste the money spent! The other day the Performance brake kit arrived and I fitted it yesterday. The pedal travel is much less now and I'm slowly getting used to it. One of those changes that is going to take a week or so to get used to. I'm not running the damper kit with the new performance kit as it would make the whole thing too stiff IMO. I don't think the damper kit is needed.

G

Gopher04

Yeh over at inside sim racing they reckon you can run both but if you do the performance kit basically cancels out the damper, which makes sense really, but I can't make my mind up to get both or not just incase I don't like the feel of one of them.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, I've been running a standard set of V3's for a year now with the damper kit installed on the brake. Why use the damper kit I hear you ask, because I bought it with the pedals and didn't want to waste the money spent! The other day the Performance brake kit arrived and I fitted it yesterday. The pedal travel is much less now and I'm slowly getting used to it. One of those changes that is going to take a week or so to get used to. I'm not running the damper kit with the new performance kit as it would make the whole thing too stiff IMO. I don't think the damper kit is needed.
Damper on a brake pedals is so silly. :rolleyes:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think the damper add anything. Even to the standard brake setup. I took the damper off a month ago because I was fed up with using it. I think it removes some of the feel you want for the load cell.

G

Gopher04

Well I have a set on order, and I just went with the Performance kit, seemed to best way to go, plus it does save some dosh, cheers for the feedback ramiboo.;) Any tips I might wanna think about before I set them in place? would be helpful.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
So after just doing the mod myself, you need to take the pedals off the rig as you'll need to turn them on their side at least. The pin that connects the brake rod to the pedal was burred from the allen screw that retained it so I had to knock that out with a punch and hammer. To get a straight path to the pin (for knocking it out) I also had to drop the accel pedal away, pretty easy, just take the 2 allen bolts off the back and pull it out, as seen here.

The only other issue I had was getting it back together. When you bring the rod back underneath and try to get it back on the pedal it's now quite a bit stronger. I was worried about pinching the wiring for the vibration motor so I slid an allen key under the rod and slid it up the pedal to the right point to to get the pin back in.

I went with John's recommendation in the ISRTV video with what to use and so far I'm happy with it. I may have also been happy to put 12mm red in to soften it a bit more, but I'm wondering if it will bed in a bit anyway.

Shout if you want to meet in TS to discuss this as it's quite hard to explain.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the V3's @Gopher04. Mine have been great.

G

Gopher04

Pressie time::wideyed:

IMAG0214.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think @Pete Morrish fitted the hardest set on his, so might be worth also seeing what his thoughts are :)

G

Gopher04

Yeh it's going to be a matter of testing each combination, I am use to short travel on the mod on my T500's, but it's abit short.

G

Gopher04

Jeez went to sort out the pedals today and mount them, only to discover the mounting bolts/washers and nuts were missing..:eek:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Hmm, not sure they come with them. M8 bolts I think.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah thinks so too, they come without mounting screws.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't come with mounting bolts either.

G

Gopher04

Yeah I discovered that it doesn't as well, guess I was just expecting it too.

Any ways all mounted now and working fine, well I think, not that I'm over bothered about the rumble motors, but the accelerator one I've only felt once. The pedal extension were a joy to fit...not..For now not using the performance kit, found the default ones work well for me, also using the stiffer spring on the accelerator, but not sure on that one yet.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I like the throttle to be a week as possible. I initially thought the default was too stiff, but I got used to it. I don't think I could go for the stronger spring on that.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I certainly concur on the throttle pedal. I can't recall driving a car that required any effort, whatsoever, in pushing the loud pedal - it's only moving a cable in real life, after all :)

Users who are viewing this thread