Project CARS 2 Feb 1, 2019 - TT #6 - BMW 1M Stanceworks @ Nürburgring GP (1 Viewer)

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Welcome @Members to the sixth round of our Hotlap Championship and the 2nd round of 2019. The goal is simple, set your fastest time using the in-game time-trial mode, with the car and track combo posted. If you're like Cluck and not a setup wizard then you can opt to use one of the default presets (loose, stable or OEM - where available) as we'll be running separate divisions for open and default setups.

Date: 1st February 2019 - 28th February 2019
Car: BMW 1M Stanceworks
Track: Nürburgring GP

Some basic stuff
If you've previously set a time on this combo and you are unable to beat it, please take a screenshot before leaving the session or your time will be excluded. If you are taking part in the Default Setup division and are unable to beat a time you have previously set on a Custom Setup, then you must record video evidence to prove your time was set on default or your time will NOT be included for the round. You can only set a time in one division, custom OR default, per round - your time will be taken from the leaderboards at the end of the month, so please do not try and beat your own default setup time with a custom setup (or vice versa), until the month has ended and the results have been posted.

If you are taking part in the 'default' division, you must select an in-built default preset, do NOT match a custom setup to the in-game defaults. We will be using the SMS leaderboards to verify the times and setups used.

The track limits will be defined by the in-game limits, not "Two wheels within the white lines". If those limits seem too loose or too tight, drive your lap accordingly. We will not be reviewing laps unless they are suspiciously fast.

Current Top 5
(Last updated 22/02/2019 - 18:30 UTC)

1. @PiGuy - 2:06.877s (C)
  2. @Born2BSlow - 2:06.938 (D)
  3. @Nakor - 2:07.265 (D)
  4. @serioh9 - 2:07.266 (D)
  5. @Raigore - 2:07.323 (D)
(D) = Default Setup | (C) = Custom Setup

Good luck and have fun, because fun is what this is all about!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
hmm, tricky for the first few laps, but this car has potential

PiGuy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
seems to me that warmer tires make the lap harder

interesting

only setup change was brake bias though, stable setup is impossible to make the car trailbrake with

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've done a few laps with the loose default setup (stable just has no turn in at all). I think managing to stay just off the ABS on braking is the key to a decent laptime. "Using" the ABS support to slow down makes the car "wiggle" around alot.
Actually one of the rare time trial combinations that got me hooked for a while.

20190203_103540.jpg

Anyone got an idea what the last thing in the Details stands for?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Raigore its the level of steering aids you are using. For example you have traction control and ABS on (I think "R" is "Realistic"), where I have them both disabled by default (I think "N" is "none"). The plus is obviously for people who've used an aid the car does not naturally have. KAstuo has used auto-clutch and auto-gears. You can see these by hovering over the symbol.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didn't realise 'R' had been introduced on that other leaderboard, that's quite neat :). For the pCARS official board, it's:

- for none
+ for any other than, or in addition to, autoclutch - hovering over the + will show you which assists, just as Unstopapaul points out as how that other site also works
C for Autoclutch

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Nice car! :woot::woot::woot: I think we should have some sort of competition driving these little rockets. Having my short moment of fame, being inside the top 10 for now! :D Doing a 2:09.854 but potential shows a low 2:08 and I think I should be able to do so before the end of this month.
Not sure how long I will stay inside the top 10, current top 3 didn't do a perfect lap yet because I beat them in the last sector, and I expect that a lot of faster drivers will beat my time during upcoming weeks. My goal for this month is to stay inside the top 10 and/or stay within 2.5 seconds of the fastest default setup time.
stats.png

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
fault (I think "N" is "none")
@Raigore its the level of steering aids you are using. For example you have traction control and ABS on (I think "R" is "Realistic"), where I have them both disabled by default (I think "N" is "none"). The plus is obviously for people who've used an aid the car does not naturally have. KAstuo has used auto-clutch and auto-gears. You can see these by hovering over the symbol.
Didn't realise 'R' had been introduced on that other leaderboard, that's quite neat :). For the pCARS official board, it's:

- for none
+ for any other than, or in addition to, autoclutch - hovering over the + will show you which assists, just as Unstopapaul points out as how that other site also works
C for Autoclutch

So, should we drive with N or R or it is all OK?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So, should we drive with N or R or it is all OK?
You can drive with whatever assists you feel comfortable with :) . For example, if you want to run with ABS but no traction control, that is entirely up to you, there are no prizes for using zero assists and nor is there a penalty for using assists that the in-game car doesn't have :)

EDIT: To add to this, we want people to take part so we are trying to avoid any restrictions whatsoever, which also means we won't be running any more manual-shift cars, as those without a shifter are automatically at a disadvantage. Although that wipes out the chances of a great many fine cars appearing, it does avoid the "well, they were only faster because they had a shifter and a clutch pedal" arguments :)

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Weird stuff... had assists on 'Authentic' at first, but this means 'stability control is on' ??? So I disabled stability control. Tried it without ABS and TC, but I think I need a better pedal set for that so I get more detailed in- and output. Almost undriveable for me without ABS and TC, but maybe that's just lack of experience/talent. Don't think automatic clutch on/off has any impact on a car with shifting paddles, does it? Just comes in handy that your engine keeps running in case you spin/crash.
So my current settings are:
Steering assist; Off
Braking assist: Off
ABS: On
Traction control: On
Stability control: Off
Damage disabled: Off
Automatic gears: Off
Automatic clutch: Off
Driving line: Off

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Always turn autoclutch off if the car doesn't have a clutch :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Regarding to ABS, I noticed that car hardly stops when ABS is on. Not just talking to this BMW, but also McLaren P1 GTR (in Assetto Corsa). No matter how hard I press brake pedal, car just refuses to stop. So comparing this to cases (BMW 1M in PC2 and P1 GTR in AC) seems that ABS is just an obstacle lap-time-wise. (?)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Regarding to ABS, I noticed that car hardly stops when ABS is on. Not just talking to this BMW, but also McLaren P1 GTR (in Assetto Corsa). No matter how hard I press brake pedal, car just refuses to stop. So comparing this to cases (BMW 1M in PC2 and P1 GTR in AC) seems that ABS is just an obstacle lap-time-wise. (?)
Strange... I have this issue with ABS off, car completely unstable under braking as if you are on ice. No issues with ABS on... having more issues beating your lap time :grumpy: :D

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Strange... I have this issue with ABS off, car completely unstable under braking as if you are on ice. No issues with ABS on... having more issues beating your lap time :grumpy: :D
Try playing around with the brake bias in the ICM if available. Moving the bias forward will help with instability under braking. Just don’t go too far until you start locking the fronts.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

I mean, car is stopping, but it seems to me that is lasting forever to actually stops. :)

I'll turn off ABS and test that way.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why did i not see this one of my favorite tracks and one of my favorite cars.. I shall indeed have to partake once one has a day off work.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a great car, really enjoying this one :)

Users who are viewing this thread