Project CARS 2 Feb 1, 2019 - TT #6 - BMW 1M Stanceworks @ Nürburgring GP (1 Viewer)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last edited:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Figured I'd thrash the car around for a bit as I was already trying to take the top spot with the BAC Mono anyway.... 30 minutes of sideway's action & I'm already the fastest gamepad user & in the top 10. Happy enough with that :pompous:

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im doing something wrong here, im down at 2:12 and dont know where i am losing the time

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Im doing something wrong here, im down at 2:12 and dont know where i am losing the time
I'll check your lap when I have time for it, hopefully tonight. Maybe one of the aliens can post a hot lap vid here in the mean time?
Btw..I'm fast in the first part...but after 8 corners I'm lost..:oops:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hi @Darksi , I checked your lap yesterday, maybe the best thing to do is jump in my ghost car to see how I do it till turn 10. From turn 10 on I'm still too slow myself. I think at some points you can use more of the track and you can be closer to the apex, and you need to sacrifice speed in some of the corner combinations, sacrifice the first corner so you will have a fast exit after the second. I think you should also reduce your steering input to keep the car more stable.
  • your speed on the main straight is perfect
  • turn 1, you can win a lot of time here, stay longer on the left and brake hard in straight line, turn in later/hit the apex late (in 2nd gear here), you get almost to a stand still at the apex, gently press the throttle once the car feels stable again
  • up to turn 2, 3rd gear, enter wide and at the apex, once the car feels unstable (understeer), shift down to 2nd and power steer to
  • turn 3, apex late, you will have the feeling you are going way too slow, don't exit wide but stay on the left so you will have a good (outside to inside) position for
  • turn 4 (2nd gear), don't enter too fast so you don't have to lift the throttle, up to
  • turn 5, brake late, late apex (I use the throttle and brake at the same time here to keep the car stable), don't exit wide but stay on the left so you can gain speed in the short straight line for
  • turn 6, late apex, make sure you don't go to fast, It will cause loads of understeer and loss of speed
  • full throttle to turn 7, make sure you use the grey stuff on the left to make the corner bigger, also here throttle and brake at the same time to keep the car stable and use all of the track on exit
  • up to 8 and 9, Schumacher-S, no braking here, and keep it in 4th (3rd gear feels faster but isn't), I lift the throttle shortly before hitting the kerb on the left (8) and get back on it once on the kerb, aiming for the kerb of turn 9
  • turn 10 is essential for your speed in turn 11 and the following straight... make sure you hit the apex of turn 10, I'still have to figure out my braking point before turn 10, I might win another second if I get that one right,
  • short brake for turn 11 and make sure you maintain enough speed between corner 10 and 11 so you can take that speed with you on the straight to the chicane (13, 14)
  • turn 13, brake earlier than you think you should so you can be back on the throttle once in 10 and gain speed going through 11 up to the last corner 15
Hope this helps, I think you should be able to easily do a 2:10 and work from there.

Last edited:

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This car needs throttle to be able to turn.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I wouldn't use my ghost :rolleyes: I remember being stupidly sideways through some corners :joyful:
Are you using any of the car assists?
Post automatically merged:

This car needs throttle to be able to turn.
A quick fiddle with the diff & preload sorts that particular issue. Of course, thats if your going for the custom setup...

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi @Darksi , I checked your lap yesterday, maybe the best thing to do is jump in my ghost car to see how I do it till turn 10. From turn 10 on I'm still too slow myself. I think at some points you can use more of the track and you can be closer to the apex, and you need to sacrifice speed in some of the corner combinations, sacrifice the first corner so you will have a fast exit after the second. I think you should also reduce your steering input to keep the car more stable.
  • your speed on the main straight is perfect
  • turn 1, you can win a lot of time here, stay longer on the left and brake hard in straight line, hit the apex late (in 2nd gear here), you get almost to a stand still at the apex, gently press the throttle once the car feels stable again
  • up to turn 2, 3rd gear, enter wide and at the apex, once the car feels unstable (understeer), shift down to 2nd and power steer to
  • turn 3, apex late, you will have the feeling you are going way too slow, don't exit wide but stay on the left so you will have a good (outside to inside) position for
  • turn 4 (2nd gear), don't enter too fast so you don't have to lift the throttle, up to
  • turn 5, brake late, late apex (I use the throttle and brake at the same time here to keep the car stable), don't exit wide but stay on the left so you can gain speed in the short straight line for
  • turn 6, late apex, make sure you don't go to fast, It will cause loads of understeer and loss of speed
  • full throttle to turn 7, make sure you use the grey stuff on the left to make the corner bigger, also here throttle and brake at the same time to keep the car stable and use all of the track on exit
  • up to 8 and 9, Schumacher-S, no braking here, and keep it in 4th (3rd gear feels faster but isn't), I lift the throttle shortly before hitting the kerb on the left (8) and get back on it once on the kerb, aiming for the kerb of turn 9
  • turn 10 is essential for your speed in turn 11 and the following straight... make sure you hit the apex of turn 10, I'still have to figure out my braking point before turn 10, I might win another second if I get that one right,
  • short brake for turn 11 and make sure you maintain enough speed between corner 10 and 11 so you can take that speed with you on the straight to the chicane (13, 14)
  • turn 13, brake earlier than you think you should so you can be back on the throttle once in 10 and gain speed going through 11 up to the last corner 15
Hope this helps, I think you should be able to easily do a 2:10 and work from there.
View attachment 6144

Thanks for this, i will put it to the test tonight.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
A quick fiddle with the diff & preload sorts that particular issue. Of course, thats if your going for the custom setup...
Default ofc.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well, I had another crack at it this morning to try beat you @Dama_The_Crow & whatever the hell I did yesterday was a miracle....
Brakes suddenly lock every turn, more under-steer than normal....
Felt like I was driving on ice.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
So where does that 'SLOW' stand for ? :wideyed:;)

I picked that name when I started racing LFS in 2008 on a gamepad :), it seemed appropriate at the time. I've upgraded my kit and lots of practice in different cars, and some real life instruction has helped me improve, biggest step has been VR, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it.

On this combo, I'm braking early then to beat the understeer a cheeky mid corner downshift can work wonders ;)

Must give credit to the infamous fastest chicken in the west, whose ghost has been my nemesis for many years, back to the days of PC1 & WMD. I've never managed to beat him (unless he's done 5 laps and I've 500 lol) but if I can get close to @Cluck I know I'm doing well (for me!)

Last edited:

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Men, there is a video of my best circle, if it helps you, I will be glad! Slowly enter and quickly exit.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just managed to knock 2 seconds off my time, i am now down to a 2:10.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
With 1 week to go, there is less than half a second separating the top 5, and we have an RSR lockout on the top 11 times \o/ . If you haven't set a time yet, don't forget to get it done by midnight on the 28th :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
.....there is less than half a second separating the top 5, and we have an RSR lockout on the top 11 times \o/ . If you haven't set a time yet, don't forget to get it done by midnight on the 28th :)

update: we have an RSR lockout on the top 12 times \o/
Keep pushing!!!! :D

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried to go for the 2:06, but couldn't find those last few tenths. With a perfect lap it's doable, but always something goes wrong. :)

PiGuy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
here's my final tips, there's time to be found but i grinded this for an hour and need to go to class

1. only thing i customized was brake bias. I used the default stable setup since the loose setup is far too, well, loose.
  2. Don't be afraid to slide the car just a little bit on the slower corners. Obviously through the Schumacher S's you want to go without any sliding, however the first sector especially is very friendly if you slide it a little bit, especially for a car as understeery as this.
  3. Gearing is incredibly important, try to maximize the power you get from the hybrid drive. Don't full throttle it when you are starting your flying lap, since you want maximum KERS for the start/finish straight. Shifting up early seems to help as well to maximize the power output.
  4. You can ride the last chicane pretty hard, just be mindful with the throttle since you can still oversteer quite suddenly at the last part of the chicane.
2:06.2 is possible IMO, but for now I can't be asked.

Users who are viewing this thread