Project CARS 2 Feb 1, 2019 - TT #6 - BMW 1M Stanceworks @ Nürburgring GP (1 Viewer)

PiGuy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
wait...this thing has KERS?? :banghead:

Yes, however I don't like it that much. Managing it isn't too terribly difficult, however it isn't enough to treat it like a Hybrid system where you want to brake harder in some situations in order too gain more time later in the lap. Just treat it as normal but shift up earlier when it's being deployed.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Worth pointing out that it's not a KERS system that you have any control over*. It deploys automatically and recharges over time.

* in terms of deployment it is automatic, based on throttle input, you can't activate it manually via a button. To the best of my knowledge, it will deploy whatever charge it has and it then sets about recharging at a set speed ready for the next deployment.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
I went out with a 2:07 stole hybrid battery, it turns out it is activated when you press the gas pedal fully. I had to go more carefully. Why am I losing to everyone on the line using free settings, can I have a game with a bug?:jimlad:

PiGuy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I went out with a 2:07 stole hybrid battery, it turns out it is activated when you press the gas pedal fully. I had to go more carefully. Why am I losing to everyone on the line using free settings, can I have a game with a bug?:jimlad:
If you mean on the start/finish line, don't full throttle the car once you get out of the on-rails portion of the start of your lap. Go at about 80% throttle. You will know if you lost KERS when the blue bar under the odometer loses the lightning bolt. If you accidentally use a bit, that's alright, but just keep going 80% throttle.

As for making sure you have maximum power, I found it best to keep it in third and hover around mid-rpms until you straighten out the car, and then start full throttling. You should try to get above 195 km/h once the KERS runs out, and lock it in fourth.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer, I do not have speed on any car in this game.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I haven't got around to having another run at this, got my Pimax 8K on Monday and I have been slightly distracted trying to find the sweet spots in games. Before you ask, yes it was worth the wait, FOV just feels natural, its not plug and play but with the right settings its glorious. Colours and black levels are a little washed out but its a small price to pay.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well ...I gave it all one more last time and reached my goals... stay within 2.5 seconds of the fastest default setup lap time and did a low 2:08 .... I'm dead now :dead:

Had great fun and again learned a lot from all of you guys. See you next round!

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh, it's 1st of March, does that mean I've actually won something...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You win a 2nd place medal, yes (and 1st place default setup medal) :D

There's a quick summary in the newsletter and the thread for the March round will be up over the weekend, with a bit of luck, but the round is effectively open already - in case you haven't seen the newsletter, this month's combo is the Mitsubishi Evo VI SVA at Mojave Sidewinder. I would post more myself right now but I'm all out of time :(

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh my, I just finished a TT on Mojave Sidewinder in the Ford Fusion Stockcar, now that was a beast ...

Users who are viewing this thread