Feb 18, 2019 - Shader / Sol Multiplayer test (1 Viewer)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
1550432090523.png

Hi Guys.

Since we postponed the last race of the season a week, we thought it would be a good idea to do a "test" event where we test out shader / sol and see how day/night racing works in AC.

We are gonna practice / qualify / race at normal AC time.

You don't need to sign up, but just show up if you wanna test.

Class: GT1 (https://revolutionsimracing.com/resources/rss1-gt1.309/)
Track: Spa (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-spa-40-gridslots.12949/)

Date: Monday, 18th February 2019
19:00 UTC - Optional Practice
19:25 UTC - Server Reboot
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
20:00 UTC - Qualifying
20:30 UTC - Race (1h race with 24h day/night cycle)

What you need to download to get it working is the shader patch and sol mod:
Shader patch: https://mega.nz/#!e8BECIxS!kud5Z_VJ8WIoZHALMujk2xmpYAxD7fUfzqZKQ1aqlf8
Sol mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/crrvty88d5ukdyr/Sol__1_1+beta+6.zip

Manual how to install:
https://1drv.ms/b/s!AqSfljZEbIQdl3psv3DCZG4mWAw3

Edit: If people need help with installing shader / sol ill be on TS 1 hour before practice start.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It is worthy to use this tag maybe ;)

@Members

Ulti

Community Member
Reaction score
high-key jealous that im missing this as well

Mr AlcoN

Community Member
Reaction score
Am in for sure!
Actually tested this already and it is awesome! Just have waited for the community to snap this up and now you do, endurance will be so fun in this! :D

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This cars are awesome (just tried them) and that way I am more sad that I can't join tomorrow, I already arranged something else.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately I won't make this. Enjoy.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Iiiiinnn! Hyped, hyped, hyped!
Maybe I can't make it for drivers briefing, but I will be there for qualy and for the race :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow what an awesome event!
Everything worked almost flawlessly, which is kind of unbelieveable to me!
What a time to be an AC simracer :D
Thanks to @Noztra and @Ricardo Macieira for setting up the event, much appreciated!!

Little impression of what happened :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
fantastic event, I think the SOL and the Visual FX mods don't have any flaws. the "Bug" that the practice/quali and race starts at the same time, I don!t care. It is like that usually anyway as you dont have all 3 events in 1 day after each other.

I think I need to send some money to those guys....

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Great event and amazing experience. :)

NIce to see that it worked without any major problems. It really does transforms AC to something amazing. :) Even in normal daylight its a different experience because of the sun rays blinding you. Performance wise I had the same / similar performance as without using shader / sol.

Some really good racing in the last couple of laps between @Battenberg and @Mazy CZ for P1 and between @Exited and @EVR Morvic for P3.

Thank for showing up and testing @Yammie916, @Angel, @Dangerous Gianetta, @Daz Oz, @Mazy CZ, @Exited, @Ricardo Macieira, @David Siska and @Battenberg. Next test will be when season 1 is done and hopefully more people show up.

/Noz
Post automatically merged:

Next time we should try out dynamic weather where you can make it change weather during the race. :)

Last edited:

Dangerous Gianetta

Community Member
Reaction score
special thanks to @Noztra again for all your helps mate,and thanks to all joined friends
no problem if i couldn't join to race.i really appepritiated:)
great experience with day- night even i quit from race after 10 laps.
i got some problem starting with content manager so firstly i tried it.:)
i joined game by steam and i got no problem.maybe i have to some practice to use this program.

cya next organisation.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Great event and amazing experience. :)

NIce to see that it worked without any major problems. It really does transforms AC to something amazing. :) Even in normal daylight its a different experience because of the sun rays blinding you. Performance wise I had the same / similar performance as without using shader / sol.

Some really good racing in the last couple of laps between @Battenberg and @Mazy CZ for P1 and between @Exited and @EVR Morvic for P3.

Thank for showing up and testing @Yammie916, @Angel, @Dangerous Gianetta, @Daz Oz, @Mazy CZ, @Exited, @Ricardo Macieira, @David Siska and @Battenberg. Next test will be when season 1 is done and hopefully more people show up.

/Noz
Post automatically merged:

Next time we should try out dynamic weather where you can make it change weather during the race. :)
Had also no performance issues in VR, smooth 45fps with couple of nice dips into 90fps when there were less cars in sight.
Even more amazing because I ran close to max settings in AA, AF and PP with Smart Mirrors, Weather FX and Sol active and on top of that I recorded my POV :p
Amazing how good this is performance wise!

Really looking forward to the next test races with dynamic weather, maybe a "12h" race with cloudy nights, fog in the morning and then clouds fading and the sun comes :)

Really amazing battle with @EVR Morvic , was a hell lot of fun! Will upload my PoV later :p

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks for this race guys, not only a test for sol, but some great battles too.

Funny thing is that, I thought to myself that day - "I need a race that will remind me how great close racing can be" and it just did that yesterday. @Exited I'll get my revenge, and I'm looking forward to your POV :D

Thanks for organizing this @Ricardo Macieira @Noztra

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to the next test races with dynamic weather, maybe a "12h" race with cloudy nights, fog in the morning and then clouds fading and the sun comes :)

So weather plans are not yet available for multiplayer. Only one "slot" weather can be used atm.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So weather plans are not yet available for multiplayer. Only one "slot" weather can be used atm.
Damn... Then multiclass 12h race with longer sunset/sunrise and night driving :cool:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Once I got my headlights working (my fault, I hadn't activated the lighting fx shader), I had a great time! Very impressed with SOL's negligible performance impact, and how much it added to the experience. I have to say the combo was great too, just like GTR! The old GT1 cars provided a good challenge, and some great battles, although maybe the Ferrari was a bit OP. Adding 'competition cautions' made for a fun addition as well. Congrats to @Mazy CZ for his great drive, your persistence got the better of me as I bottled it under pressure :p

Here's my vid:

Note: Notice how the game window starts to blink during dark conditions, but not during daytime :confused: Starts 42:03 remaining, stops 11:59 remaining.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread