Assetto Corsa Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Series - Season 1. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • Which car would you like to drive for next season?
  • How did you like the schedule?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Impressions are positive, it's an RSR league in the end, I see no major downs to be honest.

As for the car, RSS GT1 would be really cool to drive with more open setups.

The schedule I feel is good but I can't really tell as I only signed up as a reserve for a reason, that there are random occassions that I can't drive and don't want to take a full time spot. If not for that, the schedule would fit me perfectly.

Other than that, good league :) And I'm kinda looking forward to sol being implemented next season.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i have to say, you guys showed once again, why you are one of the best, probably the best admin team in sim racing
the organisation was top notch from my point of view, and considering it was our first league in AC pretty much everything went pretty good

as for the car, as an Indycar fanboy of course i would like to see the 2018 spec Indycar, or even the old CART car (although that is probably too much of a challenge)
RSS GT1 or one more season in DTM car would also be nice however

in terms of schedule i think it was fine, although (being a bit egoistic on that one) having the races on a weekend day would be even better

i am definitely looking forward to next season, either way as a spectator, reserve or full season driver
keep up the awesome work guys :)

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this opportunity.

Positive:

Overall:
I love being part of this league, thank you @Noztra for bringing me here.

Liveries: Amazing talent on show, great creativity, and made this season a spectacle. Loved the comedy and professionalism.

Tracks: I know this might be a marmite answer (love it or hate it) but for me the track selection was wonderful for a few reasons.
  1. They kept with the DTM theme and suited the cars.
  2. Apart from the Hungaroring I have never raced on them before (this was also my best race so that was interesting)
  3. Each track was unique, this allowed me to improve my several types of corners and spot my weaknesses that has given me some valuable learning tips.

Cars: Best car I have ever driven in any simulation, you could just pick up and play but with time and practice you could become really quick without it biting you in the backside, it was not boring and was great in close racing, my only negative about this car was that it was a bit too "bumpy" to drive and I only say that because I drove the @miagi tyres one in testing and that did not have those characteristics.

Orange Zone: Cleaver introduction, quickly sorted out the 1st lap issues and also eliminated the need to post stewards enquiries.

The Admin: I saved the best till last, These leagues do not just happen, they only exist because of the passion and dedication that these people give, the blood, sweat and tears. Controlling a group of 38+ people is a task all in it self, controlling a group of 38+ sim racers is insane and that is what you are - insane and awesome. Your ability to listen to the community, find the opportunity for improvement from all the negative comments yet also be strong and absolute on decisions when time demands but quietly looking behind the scenes to see what can be done in the long term is not easy but you guys have excelled in it.

Negatives:

Overall:
Only two negatives and both are about refinement rather than being real negatives.

Community: This in only a small thing and I am only saying it to provide feedback for consideration (I am absolutely not aiming this at anyone or any incident), also this is the 1st season with a lot of new people so conflict is bound to happen until we all find harmony.
When I first joined this league I was amazed how great the vibe was, welcoming, warm, casual yet very competitive as it seemed everyone had the ability to go with the flow. As the weeks have gone on I have been left with a bit of a sour feeling. Not from the points that have been made but more how they have been delivered. Much of the "negative" feedback has been more moaning rather than constructive. These moans have come across as very self-centred and how something you do not like is destroying your fun with very little consideration for the community. It would be interesting to read back some of the comments to see if my thoughts change on this. Again this is not an attack on anyone, it is just for consideration and it is the 1st season and I believe all our intentions are positive and we are all working on trying the find the balance for this league.

Stewards Enquiries: Right, this one is such a thankless, time consuming job and I would never criticise anyone for doing it. The reason for it being on my negative list is the lack of closure before my focus turns to the next race. (the two examples I have of this is that Race 4's feedback only came out just before race 5 and had to be asked for and Race 5's feedback is still outstanding.)
The thing I would like to be considered that would improve this for me (and I can fully understand and accept if it is not possible given how horrid this task is) is a simple update when a decision have been made on what that decision is. Not the reasoning behind it, just the outcome (i.e. 10 second time penalty for Cheekymunkey or Qualifying Ban, etc.). I also know that just by providing that information some people will not be happy or not agree with some of the decisions especially without providing a reason but I have faith that the intentions are good and this would be enough for me to accept and move on. (I hated writing this one).

Neutral:

I have found the points scoring to be nicely balanced but would not be fussed if people feel it needs to be changed.

Grid Size: I know this has caused some issues for people and tracks but the last race with 26 people vs 38 was just as much fun. I like having the largest possible grid but can see it has been logistically difficult and has caused some performance issues.

Cars for Next Season:
(in no particular order)

DTM with @miagi wheels.
Renault RS01 - this was my second favourite to the DTM in last seasons testing.
GT1 car - perhaps just one of them for closed set-ups.
Supergp (indy and F1 hybrid) so much fun to drive but with quick cars like this close racing is not always possible.
Any Open Wheeler providing the closed set-up does not have too much exit oversteer (you spin me right round baby right round o_O).

Schedule:

Very happy with the schedule but I would like to see either more races in the season or smaller gaps between seasons, The balance with only 6 races after all the sign-ups, livery creation, etc. does not seem right at the moment. 8-9 races a season feels right for me but I don't have much experience with leagues to know what works best.

I like the 55minute races and the pre and post agenda timings but maybe a couple of weeks we could have sprint races where we have 2 short races at the same track in one night.

Thanks you for the opportunity for me to feedback to you and thank you for your consideration.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I really cant say much about racing in this leauge but ill throw in my 2 cents..

I was actually looking forward to this one it was something that caught my eye bringing me back from not actualy sim racing anymore. I really got involved with this helping out @Noztra (even tho im not admin wink wink lmfao) loved making all the liverys for the teams testing the tracks and cars and id do it all over again.

Track choice was spot on Car was a handfull to drive but fun non the less. The only negative i have tbh is weekly meets this is only a personal one for me as i work alternate mondays so missing the races put a downer on it for me and subsequently forced my hand to quit..

All in all it was a positive start to bring ac to rsr we lost a few drivers along the way but that was expected and no were near the amount quit that we thought would..

Season 2
Personaly has to be btcc for me lol(i will get a btcc league lol)
Or that insane ford foucus.

The schedule for me didnt work and personal id push for a fortnightly calender but thats only for my benefit lol.

All in all really good start for AC at RSR.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Series - Season 1. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
    • All positive
    • RSS GT1 is awesome
    • Monday's are best time for me to do racing.
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
First i would like to say thank you to all of you who organise and administer RSR, I am enjoying my time with you and it has made my spending time with you a highlight in my life.

- It is easy to join RSR

With this I'm referring to how easy, logistically, it was to join you. It is something you should definitely cherish and continue striving for in order to grow the community, and you are doing a good job so far. This was my first league with you and at the beginning I was a bit lost on what to do, so perhaps you can take a look at your "on boarding" process. It was easy once you know.

- Short time to race

We all have busy schedules and making the join-session-to-race-start as short as possible would be ideal. From my experience, which isn't very extensive to be frank, you are doing pretty well. Not a lot of chatter, or waiting for drivers in the beginning, that's good. Although I feel that the qualifying methodology could be experimented with and improved.

- Community building events

i haven't been with you for too long, so I may not be right in saying this, but perhaps we are lacking events where we can have fun, or test, perhaps some set up tutoring or driving lessons.

- The first season of the DTM series was fun!

First time driving this car, first time racing on any of the tracks, so in terms of the car/tracks combinations I'm happy with, it is a bit of a learning curve, these cars are quite sensitive and don't take too kindly to the bumps and curves, but all in all it was a great experience to get the hang of it.

The most important thing for me in any league is that I should enjoy myself, and to do that I need to be surrounded by cars that have similar pace to mine. And this has been achieved in most cases due to the attendance numbers, so thank you all who raced!

On the last race however i got the impression the grid was a bit deserted so maintaining attendance would be something to improve. (I ended up 11th, so it's not like i was far back, it was a strange one, I kept 10s with the car in front and 10s with the car behind for most of the race)

- Next seasons / leagues

I'm not too set on any car/track combo, I like a challenge and I know that in any case I won't be battling for the first few places, so I'm happy if the car behaves like it is expected of a car and the tracks are not a bump nightmare. I prefer rally games for that :)

if i have to give a suggestion I LOVE the Mazda MX-5 in Assetto Corsa, it is so fun and grippy...

Hope it helps!

Note: Get the day/night transitions working! :)

Duppy

Community Member
Reaction score
I only did 2 races but I love the atmosphere here. Really well managed league, and good racing. Orange Zone was a good idea for sure.

Next season I would like to do open wheel for sure, like Formula 2 or Indycar (especially if we could somehow do an oval race)! Probably not something everyone can agree with, but I would prefer slightly shorter races, like 45 minutes.

Vernux

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positive: Tracks were good Till race 5, I love the fact that we racing with premade setups. Just makes the fiueld closer and save some time. Also if somebody just wants to just do 5 laps before the race thats not a problem either (setup wise).
Car was good. It was kinda hard to drive but it felt good when u were able to just get sth right.
Anything but not a single seater.
Would be better for me on the weekend but its okay. 1 Race per week with a break around the middle of the season is totally fine.

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Positive:
  • First of all its been a great season, so thank you to all involved! It didn't go my way but there's always next time!
  • I love thew idea of doing national or more niche series as championships I would love this to continue but will touch upon it in more later
  • I liked the limited need for testing and set up dependability, was nice to have a busy week and still join the race semi-competitive, Obviously all the tracks have quirks that catch you out if you do that but was nice not to worry to much on set up
  • Using different and lesser known tracks was awesome, really enjoyed driving different tracks!
Neutral
  • Car was a bit weird to race, lots of areo push not much slipstream which made things a bit frustrating racing wise
Negative
  • PLP but we've covered this and its being fixed as far as i understand (thanks guys!)
  • Updating the mod before the season started wasn't great, I think people signed up and chose cars then had the goalposts moved and the car got significantly more difficult after this so it was a bit of bummer for some people
  • Default setup was quite aggressive on dampers making curbs a 50/50 between live and die
  • Kind of miss the old Pcars format of 2 weekends and a brake week rather than 3 but thats just preference
Next season:
As I said I love the idea of doing national series or lesser known stuff alongside to real life championships , we have access to so many tracks with these mods so would be epic to do more. the kind of stuff I would love to see is:
V8 Supercars (loads of great track mods)
Euro F3 (including Macau GP at the end of the season)
BTCC (tracks like croft and knockhill)
Indycar (2 ovals 2 street tracks 2 american road courses)
Nascar
WTCR

Once again thanks to everyone who set this up it was epic!

EDIT: Also just a thought but if the car track combo suited could we do the 2 or even 3 race a night sprint idea? gives us more chances to claw back points and allows less field spread as its a shorter single distance and also might give the option for a top 10 reverse grid race?

EDIT EDIT: This would suit aussie v8s really well because they have longer 'enduros' sprinkled in with 2 race sprint formats in a season, the best of both worlds!

Last edited:

Mazy CZ

Community Member
Reaction score
Positives:
  • great moderating and running of the league. I know how it is to run a league like this and all the free time effort put into this. Top job.
  • great cars to drive. I really had great time driving this DTM cars in all races and I could really push the car without worrying too much.
  • great battles in some races, especially at Zolder and other tracks with @Jeff[NL]. I haven't been part of any incident and always got through the race without any major damage
  • good selection of tracks, some of them I didn't like that much but this car has plenty of downforce so racing this at normal circuits would be full throttle all the time.
  • good flexibility with community opinions, like the PLP or track change
  • locked setups :) no need to do plenty of practice during the whole week/weekend and just do 1-2h practice before the race suits me. even with some open setups this can be done.
  • liveries :) I saw really great liveries and everybody who did that deserves some sort of credit. Some of them were really complex and into the detail
Neutral:
  • some moaning if the game goes against you, especially PLP.
  • asking which qualy group you are
  • sorting stuff that doesn't work for 1 person just before the qualy
  • some drivers not informed as they don't read the forum
Negative
  • People signing for a league and then not giving a sh!t about the forum and never show up again, taking space for drivers who want to really race, especially newcomers with 1 post in the sign up thread.
Suggestions for the future:
I guess I am getting a bit old but I want to write here my opinion about track limits. (Yeah, again, but don't worry, it will not be a rant).
I was and always will be more on the side of obeying the track limits at all times. But as I'm getting a bit older/wiser (maybe) and experienced, I have a little idea about a "dream league" which I will try to explain to you in the next few lines.

Dream league consists of "invite only" drivers that I know and that we trust to each other. All drivers know how to race closely, fair and within track limits most of the time. Why most of the time you ask? Well, it is a game, a simgame in the end and that means, it is not real. the main idea is to feel like a racedriver and have fun pretending you are one. So if you go off track here or there sometimes within my personal feeling, I don't mind. If a driver goes constantly over the limit to gain time, and you know there is a possibility to gain time doing it, then I have a problem. Then the boring and idiotic circle of accusing, defending and witch-hunting starts. I don't want any of that in the dream league.In that case, the driver is no longer thrustworthy to race in "dream league".In my "dream league" I would have run no penalty system and no PLP.

Perfect example was the test session we had with few racers testing the SOL mod with GT1 cars at Spa. Still, normal RSR rules applied, but there was no point scored, no stewards after race, great atmosphere, and the best racing that I had for a long time. We raced closely, hard but fair, we all wend wide at no name corner, Pouhon, Blanchimount, cut the Eau rouge too much sometimes etc. If I raced somebody and saw all of that, I didn't really care. It was still within my personal limits and I haven't classified those trips outside the white lines as track abusing. Even if that driver would have recieved some warnings and DT from PLP, I would say, "Go on, don"t care about it, it was ok". Why? Because I trust him that it wasn't intentional. PLP is mathematical and it can't count with you making mistake or doing something on purpose. In the end, the race was fantastic, we only had around 10 people but the racing was superb. The cars were quite hard to drive for the first time, but when you get friendly with one, it was fine. But still, you had to be on your toes otherwise mistakes happen.

I hope you all understand what I really mean. We are 30+ drivers on the track and usually you have some cars around you at any given time during a race, so there is still somebody watching. If we all race under the philosophy of obeying track limits at best that you can, not extending/cutting on purpose to gain time, then the racing would be better, maybe less awkward situations if you really go off track watching the red square trurning green again etc.

I know this is the ideal world, but then if a driver is called out of abusing, it is really his responsibility to either moan and be kicked of the league. or he can defend himself, or in the end, he can say sorry, recieve some form of penalty /DQ or ban, learn from it, and admit he did something wrong and apologise.

Don't kill me pls :D

Next season:
  • GT1 cars with open setups (or if somebody wants to lock some settings on each car to somehow balance them, I don't mind)
  • SOL mod, 24h day/night cycle, 1h race or maybe a bit longer like 1H20min race with 20x time progression (that is roughly a 20x time progression)
  • normal qualy for 15mins
  • classic tracks (Spa, Silverstone, Nurburgring, Brno, Algarve, etc)
  • no penalty system ,no PLP, only trust like described below.
Special suggestion:
If we have those GT1 cars, it would be a shame to race just 1 car the whole season. What about ditching the custom liveries, use the deafult ones, but for each single race, a driver can choose whatever car they want. There will be some google document that you can access and there will be deadline (for example 15min before breefing) that you can wrote which car you want to drive, so The server has correct ammount of cars avalaible.

Somebody will want to drive the same car every race, but some will want to try all of them because they are all great. Like me, I would love to try them all :) I think this was never done in any league but I think it could bring another nice element to it and it really doesn't change anything for driver who wants to drive one car all season.

Last edited:

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Big thanks to the RSR community, especially to @t0daY for giving place for the Assetto Corsa league. I've tried to participate in another AC leagues, but the mood was the best in the leagues that @Noztra and @Ricardo Macieira had organized.
I also like the professionalism of the RSR staff.

Which car would you like to drive for next season? / How did you like the schedule?
I think only the original Kunos content or the best quality mods worth to choose for next season. Even with paid content.
Lots of others mentioned GT1, and I can only agree with them.
I also like the V8 Supercars mod
I like any track with proper quality.

It'd be good if the races would be on Monday or Tuesday, because I also want to do iRacing races and I'm often busy on the weekends.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
Overall this season was very enjoyable and i give the organizers a big thumbs up - if it remains on this level i'll be more then happy to participate.

I do have some remarks, however (in no particular order):

- Schedule was ok. Mondays are also fine, although i would presonnally prefer sundays. I would like a slightly earlier start and a normal qualifying. Maybe if we start with practice at 8 (CET), make briefing at 8:30, qualifying at 8:40 and race at 9 it would be better to unwind after the race and go to sleep normally (and wake up for work the next day normally :))

- Track selection was so-so. I won't complain about layouts, because these are presonal, but I will complain about the shortness of Norisring and the unstability of Lausitzring. The latter should have been tested more thoroughly or a more reliable venue should be picked, especially after the original track (Hock.) was scratched due to technical problems. The positives here were salzburgring and Tor poznan which were a blast to drive.

- The competitivness of this league is very high. That leaves only crumbs for slower guys like me, which can get a bit demotivating at times. Two splits are obv double the work, but maybe options like the pro-am, or multiclass racing would make it more interesting for the backmarkers. Or maybe I should just get better. :)

- The stewards' activity was really lacking in the second part of the season. In the first half they we're really strict, but now the last update from them was 2 races or almost 1 month ago. Orange zone is all good and everything, but if you commit to it, you must do it for the whole season, or pick an easier system for yourself.

- PLP is fine as it is

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
In the end it doesn't really matter what caused it. I wasn't able to play the track, that's what mattered for me as an user and not everyone of us has the time and energy to research and rectify such issues. The average user will rather just not play that track.

My point was that since Hockenheim proved to be unreliable (an oversight that can happen to everyone - no big deal here), the replacement track should have been choosen with more care.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In the end it doesn't really matter what caused it. I wasn't able to play the track, that's what mattered for me as an user and not everyone of us has the time and energy to research and rectify such issues. The average user will rather just not play that track.

My point was that since Hockenheim proved to be unreliable (an oversight that can happen to everyone - no big deal here), the replacement track should have been choosen with more care.

Disagree here. I can't check everyons private mods. It was working without any issues for the staff members so I can't agree on your statement here buddy. It is your responsibility to test the track/mod in advance and let us know if something is not working.

It was working for us, which means if a "user" has a problem he needs to address this issue as early as possible to the staff that we can investigate.

Users who are viewing this thread