Project CARS 2 Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 6. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • Which car would you like to drive for season 7?
  • How did you like the Team Championship?
  • How did you like the schedule?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Maybe 2 splits, I know this has been talked about in previous seasons and that it is hard to get if there are not enough people. But on the other side there was never a chance for the "casuals" as me to get close to top 3 or 5 unless they where not there that race or they crashed out and even than they might even catch back up. I personally don't want to win, I just look at the people I normally fight with on track and see if I can beat them. That for me is already a win, but sometimes an actual win would be cool. :p

And for cars....I don't know what cars have already been driven in the cup, but I really like the slower cars because they really give you some nice close racing for example: The Ginetta junior, TC, GT4, etc. Or we could go oldschool :cool:

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
    • Positive: Good vibe all season with many people joined practice sessions in the week leading up the events.
    • Positive: Nearly-full/full lobby every week
    • Positive: Qualifying session length being 10 minutes was a good decision
    • Positive: Points for nearly the entire field was good, encouraged finishing the race etc.
    • Neutral: Maybe a little more variation in the weather, thought we would have more than 1 wet race out of the 12 races we had.
    • I'm pretty open to this - agree the slower cars tend to bring closer fields and racing. The Ginetta's were great for the mini-series we previously ran with default setups.
    • Good - would like this to continue
    • Good - good spread of races from different continents and the one week break every 2 rounds worked well.
    • Reverse grids for the second of the races would have been good to mix up the races.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind
Positive: A good selection of tracks that suited the car(s) quite well.
Positive: Points all the way down the order kept me pushing throughout every race, even after huge shunts and going laps down.

Negative: Still issues with lap1 heroics, and general driving standards. In particular people waiting for you to recover when they knock you off.
+1 to Owfier's feedback previously here. Downforce = speed but not close racing. If there was multiclass I would pick the lower power less downforce option every time. I know default setups are a contentious topic, but I barely have time to practice between races, and I've never had the time to learn properly how to prepare a setup. I was very lucky my teammate was so generous with his setup work.
Good, mainly because I teamed up with @CatchAGlimpse who was at the front every race, scored most of the points and did all of the setup work, so I feel like a pay driver lol. It did give me people to look out for to beat outside of the usual though. Maybe restrict team selection so that top racers can only select team mates from the lower order to ensure closer competition using the RSR driver standings as a guide?
Good, Tuesday and Thursday evenings are pretty much the only "easy" evenings for me to make races. The 2 weeks on then a break was good.
Huge respect for the organisers who put so much time and effort into this for no reward other than satisfaction. I'd like to offer to help but all I'm good at is spreadsheets/stats to be honest, and time to do things is always an issue, as I said I don't get enough seat time as it is. I used to write race reports during my LFS days which always went down well, but they take ages to do properly. Maybe if I can free up some time somehow and remember to save the replays lol

Maybe some alternative prizes for slower drivers to aim for e.g.:
Sportsman (fairest racer voted for by all competitors in the series).
Best overtake (nominated by competitors)
Consistency: Smallest delta between Quali time and fastest race lap? Not sure how to do this, but I thought there was a race tracker app maybe?

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
Firstly I really enjoyed the season, I have nothing I can truly moan about which is great.

Couple of things I would maybe suggest:

I would be interested in another race on race nights. 3 x 30 mins races. Spending every gaming minute practicing for a race for it to be over so quickly is a shame, especially if you get taken out early in one of the races. It also prevents you from being able to do anything else that evening...might as well spend another 45 mins racing.

Reverse grids would be awesome too, gives us mortals a chance to challenge but would also be great to see what the top few guys can achieve from the back of the grid...would make for an awesome highlights video.

Harsher penalties I think would be great, maybe even turn on the game rules, the amount of people who go wide on corners because it is faster is unreal. Race 2 last night for example, someone went down the outside of me and several other cars in turn 1 lap 1. It's a bit ridiculous. I'm not one to raise stewards cases and you guys surely don't want to be wasting time with that s***, so by having the game rules turned on people who do that are forced to return to the place they were in before cheating, and those who constantly cut the track get penalised too. A drive through penalty being the harshest of penalties doesn't justify someone smashing into a car causing untold amounts of damage, having to crawl to the pits then waiting 2 mins for the car to be fixed. If this happens and you're found guilty, maybe the finishing positions should be switched so the victim takes the aggressors finishing position instead. Still won't completely make it fair but will help and stop people from doing it....which is the ultimate goal.

Season 7 cars, I would love to see an Open Wheel class, or bigger engined LMP cars. Or something historic maybe....with minimal setup changes you can make.

I would like to see another 2 race evenings so an extra 3 weeks added to the calendar.

Also is there any reason why we do the first lap rolling? Wouldn't it be easier to just make it a game setting rolling start? It's hard to hear when the leaders say the race has started.

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe some alternative prizes for slower drivers to aim for e.g.:
Sportsman (fairest racer voted for by all competitors in the series).
Best overtake (nominated by competitors)
Consistency: Smallest delta between Quali time and fastest race lap? Not sure how to do this, but I thought there was a race tracker app maybe?
I really like the idea of additional prizes/awards such as the best overtake etc :)

AJlewis1988

Community Member
Reaction score
I really like the idea of additional prizes/awards such as the best overtake etc :)

I was thinking this. You can several different fun cups. You should also have 'wooden spoon' type cups. Same as local football clubs that have an award for the biggest miskick, you can have awards for the person who crashed the most, the person who caused the most amount of DNS's / pitstops for other drivers etc. Things you don't want to win and if you do, you know you need to sort it out!!!

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I second what @Owfier and @CatchAGlimpse said. Additionally it would be nice to have some sub classes, like Pro, Pro-Am, Gold, Silver like in some RL series, so you have something to fight for even if you're not on a podium overall.

Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Firstly I really enjoyed the season, I have nothing I can truly moan about which is great.

Couple of things I would maybe suggest:

I would be interested in another race on race nights. 3 x 30 mins races. Spending every gaming minute practicing for a race for it to be over so quickly is a shame, especially if you get taken out early in one of the races. It also prevents you from being able to do anything else that evening...might as well spend another 45 mins racing.

Reverse grids would be awesome too, gives us mortals a chance to challenge but would also be great to see what the top few guys can achieve from the back of the grid...would make for an awesome highlights video.

Harsher penalties I think would be great, maybe even turn on the game rules, the amount of people who go wide on corners because it is faster is unreal. Race 2 last night for example, someone went down the outside of me and several other cars in turn 1 lap 1. It's a bit ridiculous. I'm not one to raise stewards cases and you guys surely don't want to be wasting time with that s***, so by having the game rules turned on people who do that are forced to return to the place they were in before cheating, and those who constantly cut the track get penalised too. A drive through penalty being the harshest of penalties doesn't justify someone smashing into a car causing untold amounts of damage, having to crawl to the pits then waiting 2 mins for the car to be fixed. If this happens and you're found guilty, maybe the finishing positions should be switched so the victim takes the aggressors finishing position instead. Still won't completely make it fair but will help and stop people from doing it....which is the ultimate goal.

Season 7 cars, I would love to see an Open Wheel class, or bigger engined LMP cars. Or something historic maybe....with minimal setup changes you can make.

I would like to see another 2 race evenings so an extra 3 weeks added to the calendar.

Also is there any reason why we do the first lap rolling? Wouldn't it be easier to just make it a game setting rolling start? It's hard to hear when the leaders say the race has started.
The penalties in Pcars 2 are shit and the rolling start is very bad and often bugs out. I had a race once where half the field had drive through penalties and +30s just because the game bugged.
And also with the ingame rolling start on you can't do a reverse grid.
Post automatically merged:

I second what @Owfier and @CatchAGlimpse said. Additionally it would be nice to have some sub classes, like Pro, Pro-Am, Gold, Silver like in some RL series, so you have something to fight for even if your not on a podium overall.
I would so become a pro am with @Taorminator ;)

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
The penalties in Pcars 2 are shit and the rolling start is very bad and often bugs out. I had a race once where half the field had drive through penalties and +30s just because the game bugged.
And also with the ingame rolling start on you can't do a reverse grid.
Post automatically merged:

I would so become a pro am with @Taorminator ;)
Yeah, but the self-policing doesn't work. You could clearly see that in last night's streams.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yeah, but the self-policing doesn't work. You could clearly see that in last night's streams.
Wasn't there so I don't know. I do know that it clearly says in the rules and stuff to just call it out when you see it happen and if he doesn't change , make a steward case of it. That thread is there for a reason. No bad blood just good racing.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The Good Points
  • Full Lobbies pretty much all the way through (even on nights where there were a reasonable number of dropouts). As much as I like Split 1 / 2, I think this speaks volumes for the 1 split model, and potentially the more manageable car class (again, I loved the FR35, but clearly others did not enjoy the amount of work that needed to go into getting it around a track)
  • The immediate kick to the reserves for unnanounced no-show also seemed positive, and might have contributed to full lobbies. It kept people focused on giving good notice, and probably ensured that reserves knew it was worth turning up.
  • points almost all the way down is excellent. Anyone's race can get ruined by an unfortunate event (more than once apparently ;) ) but the points on offer always meant there was something to fight for.
  • A good balance of tracks for sure. Every track had something interesting about it to prepare for.
  • The overall depth of skill level this season was impressive. Though the top runners were predictable in the end, the depth of the field was much stronger. It was also nice to see someone different give Puffy/PD a reminder that they need to race.
  • Fast updating of the championship (mostly) tables. That was really nice.
The "Can Improve" Points
  • The start of the season was particularly far from the RSR standards. While I appreciate the reasons that inductions are no longer a thing, there were many newcomers that could have benefitted significantly from this before the first race. People jumping positions on formation lap, being on the wrong sideand some fairly raucous "rubbing is racing". Perhaps there is some way that newcomers can be wrapped up in a single mandatory "pre-season" (or everyone, I'd turn up for pre-season briefing/induction if it meant less shenanigans like the start of this season)
  • 10 minutes qualifying is not enough when there are 30 cars on a track of 1m30 or less lap time. I think I had 1 fully clear lap all season to set a good time
  • I feel that 2x30 minute races actually encourages the turn 1 heroes. It definitely disadvantages those that favour "respectful" vs "overambitious" on lap 1. It's very hard to recover the time if you got nudged in the first lap, even when sigificantly faster. Personally I actually like the 1 hour races. They provide significantly more opportunity for strategy, but I also understand they're not for everyone.
  • Still a lot of times that people have conversations during race beyond what is necessary to maintain the flow of the race. "Should I wait" is absolutely fine, but narrations of perceived incidents is tiresome and distracting. They're generally also pointless until you've reviewed the footage.

Which car would you like to drive for season 7?
In general I'll drive anything that's not a nonsense american stock / muscle car with all engine/no control. Personally I'd love something with an H-Shifter, but I know the feeling is that those without H-Shifters are at a disadvantage. Sadly this rules out pretty much every cool car I'd suggest. Group A would be awesome, possibly GT0 (though not tried them out specifically), RS1600 Racing is incredible (and default setups are not far from good), Caterham Seven 620 (I think we had a few laps with this on the "chill" evenings and found it fun)

One car I'd favour that is at least a sequental shifter is the Ford Falcon FG. It's awesome fun, not high DF and you can use it with paddles without issue.

How did you like the Team Championship?
Good, but bring back PRO/AM. I need to steal knowledge learn from ProjectPD people :D

How did you like the schedule?
2 weeks, week off still works well. Personally I'd love 2 weeks between every race, but I appreciate that makes the season long.

Do you have any other general feedback?
Slight concerns that Asseto Corsa is starting to split the focus of seasons a bit. I don't like to miss out, but I can't commit to 2 leagues running at the same time and I'm sure there are others the same.

Obviously completely superfluous to a great season, and a great demand on peoples time, but consistent broadcasts with a bit of production were a defining "cool factor" of season 5. Thanks to @fab. ICEMAN for the broadcasts he did of course (more please), but something more predictable would be the cherry on top.

Finally, a massive thank you (again) to all those who organise, select tracks, test cars, maintain servers, run briefings, run stewards reviews, update rankings, create banners and anything else required to make a season happen. Your hard work does not go unnoticed.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Some thoughts
  • Positives
    • I really liked the car. It is definitely a challenge with the rears giving up, and my tendency to smash the throttle. I also like high downforce cars, I really have trouble getting the most out of mechanical grip cars, and I think that is why I managed some finishes waaaaay above my skill level.
    • Whereas the previous season was intense with little communication etc beforehand, I really liked the spirit of the season. Imagine someone joining your practice session and asking if you want his setup. Crazy man. Thanks everyone.
    • Full grid, again and again.
    • Track selection was very cool. I loved the theme, USA leg, Asia leg, European leg. Good mixture of circuit types, all unique (except for COTA;))
    • The broadcasts were tremendously cool.
  • Neutral
    • Another wet race would be cool. But it probably isn't fun for everyone.
    • Even though I like the high downforce cars, following will always be an issue.
    • I liked the worst weekend strike of the previous season. Didn't miss it, but liked it.
  • Negative
    • Yes, we don't have induction anymore, but I think an introductory session for all would be a nice start to a new season, to get everyone on the same page, especially if new drivers join especially for the season. What happened in the first race was really bad.
    • I feel a bit worried that the "old guard" was not represented that well. Is it due to life, the game, the car? Either way, should we be worried about the future of pcars 2 here?
    • Although it was cool teaming up with a friend, it did make for some lopsided teams. The pro am setup was great, I think I prefer that, especially as it gives me a chance to learn from a pro. Not just that, I hopefully befriend someone new. You can even consider making teams of 4, 2 pros and 2 ams. Spitballing here.
    • Teamspeak chatter. And groans. Those groans! It was really distracting.
  • The next car
    • Although I know this won't be a popular choice, I really really really like the Mercedes CLK GT1 car. The GT1 class is not that balanced, but I like that car specifically.
    • It's probably overdone by other leagues, but the GT3s are cool. GTEs are even cooler.
    • Audi R8 LMP900 :eek:
    • If DLC was a consideration, the F355 challenge?
    • I think touring cars can probably provide good racing.
    • If there is a good option but requires a shifter, make seperate classes for h and paddles.
    • If lag is taken into account, slower cars with longer braking distances are probably best.
  • Schedule
    • Two races every three weeks works well.
    • Some races the weather was delayed. It would be cool if a date was set that weather would be uploaded, example Saturday before the race. Something like that. Weekends are generally when practice happens for me, and I guess I'm not the only one.
    • I think longer races would be fun. It gives you a chance to catch up if things go south, especially with pitstops. Also, strategy. One long race could also shorten the evening a bit, no breaks in the middle. Also, if anything promotes a bit more conservatism...
  • Other thoughts
    • Thanks so much for doing this. @ admins, great job. Thank you for your thankless work!
    • Thanks thanks thanks.
    • Are donations the best way of helping? Any other help or requests?
    • I really hope I didn't upset anyone on track. If I did, I'm really sorry.
Typing on phone proving to be quite challenging

Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Some thoughts
  • Positives
    • I really liked the car. It is definitely a challenge with the rears giving up, and my tendency to smash the throttle. I also like high downforce cars, I really have trouble getting the most out of mechanical grip cars, and I think that is why I managed some finishes waaaaay above my skill level.
    • Whereas the previous season was intense with little communication etc beforehand, I really liked the spirit of the season. Imagine someone joining your practice session and asking if you want his setup. Crazy man. Thanks everyone.
    • Full grid, again and again.
    • Track selection was very cool. I loved the theme, USA leg, Asia leg, European leg. Good mixture of circuit types, all unique (except for COTA;))
    • The broadcasts were tremendously cool.
  • Neutral
    • Another wet race would be cool. But it probably isn't fun for everyone.
    • Even though I like the high downforce cars, following will always be an issue.
    • I liked the worst weekend strike of the previous season. Didn't miss it, but liked it.
  • Negative
    • Yes, we don't have induction anymore, but I think an introductory session for all would be a nice start to a new season, to get everyone on the same page, especially if new drivers join especially for the season. What happened in the first race was really bad.
    • I feel a bit worried that the "old guard" was not represented that well. Is it due to life, the game, the car? Either way, should we be worried about the future of pcars 2 here?
    • Although it was cool teaming up with a friend, it did make for some lopsided teams. The pro am setup was great, I think I prefer that, especially as it gives me a chance to learn from a pro. Not just that, I hopefully befriend someone new. You can even consider making teams of 4, 2 pros and 2 ams. Spitballing here.
    • Teamspeak chatter. And groans. Those groans! It was really distracting.
  • The next car
    • Although I know this won't be a popular choice, I really really really like the Mercedes CLK GT1 car. The GT1 class is not that balanced, but I like that car specifically.
    • It's probably overdone by other leagues, but the GT3s are cool. GTEs are even cooler.
    • Audi R8 LMP900 :eek:
    • If DLC was a consideration, the F355 challenge?
    • I think touring cars can probably provide good racing.
    • If there is a good option but requires a shifter, make seperate classes for h and paddles.
    • If lag is taken into account, slower cars with longer braking distances are probably best.
  • Schedule
    • Two races every three weeks works well.
    • Some races the weather was delayed. It would be cool if a date was set that weather would be uploaded, example Saturday before the race. Something like that. Weekends are generally when practice happens for me, and I guess I'm not the only one.
    • I think longer races would be fun. It gives you a chance to catch up if things go south, especially with pitstops. Also, strategy. One long race could also shorten the evening a bit, no breaks in the middle. Also, if anything promotes a bit more conservatism...
  • Other thoughts
    • Thanks so much for doing this. @ admins, great job. Thank you for your thankless work!
    • Thanks thanks thanks.
    • Are donations the best way of helping? Any other help or requests?
    • I really hope I didn't upset anyone on track. If I did, I'm really sorry.
Typing on phone proving to be quite challenging
I like your thinking proces of pitstops! ;)
Manditory pitsops next season? :rolleyes:

ProjectPD

Community Member
Reaction score
The cup was well organised (like everytime by RSR) and because of the hight quality driver pack, I have nearly nothing bad to say about this championship.

But...

Although the cup was great at his own, when I compare this championship to the other revolution cups in the past, it was the most boring one. I think the cars are great to drive, but because of the less power combined with al lot of aerodynamics it was very difficult to overtake. As well the cars got a lot things to setup. So the distance between people who got no clue about setups, the guys who know which main setupthings got to chainge and the guys who really know how to setup a car, was very big.

I've got three advices to create a (in my opinion) perfect championship:

1. Choose a car with less aerodynamics and not so much things the drivers can setup (please don't do standard setups, because in a way setup your car is a part of racing). Im thinking about the BMW 320 TC for example. No 3rd feather an fast bumps to setup

2. Weight penalties for fast drivers. Let's do a rule, that every driver got to start with 50L of fuel for example.The first ten drivers championship points then looked up and those drivers become a percentage value of fuel to add on the next race start. The fuel level can be controlled by a streamer, so nobody is able to cheat (close the restrictior is not able to control).

3. Please do standing starts again. I become sick when I have to cruel one lap around the track.

All the other things are in my opinion perfect. Thats a reason why I enjoy driving here that much.

Found spelling mistakes can keeped by the finder ;)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe 2 splits, I know this has been talked about in previous seasons and that it is hard to get if there are not enough people. But on the other side there was never a chance for the "casuals" as me to get close to top 3 or 5 unless they where not there that race or they crashed out and even than they might even catch back up. I personally don't want to win, I just look at the people I normally fight with on track and see if I can beat them. That for me is already a win, but sometimes an actual win would be cool. :p

And for cars....I don't know what cars have already been driven in the cup, but I really like the slower cars because they really give you some nice close racing for example: The Ginetta junior, TC, GT4, etc. Or we could go oldschool :cool:
Maybe multiclass in the same race to split the field then? With a qualification process to determine who is in which class? Would be worth a try...

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Maybe multiclass in the same race to split the field then? With a qualification process to determine who is in which class? Would be worth a try...
That sounds nice two. We could do some kind of cup that is a rip off from WEC or something. But on the other side some people who are fast don't really want to drive the high aerodynamic cars as pd just said.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That sounds nice two. We could do some kind of cup that is a rip off from WEC or something. But on the other side some people who are fast don't really want to drive the high aerodynamic cars as pd just said.
Not necesseraly high DF cars, you can think of TCRs and clios or ginetta juniors in the same race.
Just something that separates the field
-> easier to overtake back markers for fast drivers
-> a prize to look for in a tightly contested midfield

Users who are viewing this thread