Project CARS 2 Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind
Positives :
No pro/am approach so I could choose a serious and supportive teamate (don't care about the pace of the guy, just being motivated and present to practice is more important).
The excellent spirit and motivation, support from drivers regarding each other.
I didn't like the tracks but the continental rotation was great.
Great car, fun to drive and the easiest to manage dirty air since the dirty air era (season 4 -> 6).
Fantasticly organized as usual :)

Negatives : the driving standards of some experienced drivers and new comers. My humble opinion is that we should be particularly harsh on lap1, maybe red flag restarts in case of carnage?

• Which car would you like to drive for season 7?
Something not hugely influenced by setup changes and much less DF but still powerful. A car that you can go on track, learn, adjust balance and go bumper to bumper. No long setup sessions to be remotely competitive.
My suggestion would be TCR, v8 supercars, GT4, porsche gt3rs road legal. Mixing it in a multiclass race with slower/easier to drive classes like Clios and ginetta gt5 for rookies would be sweet!
  • How did you like the Team Championship?
Great! I was happy to choose the teamate I wanted and not someone who has been assigned a Am or a Pro tag. In S5 I wanted to team up with @CatchAGlimpse but couldn't do it because of that system and ended up with someone who showed up once in the season and never talked to me
  • How did you like the schedule?
Perfect!
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
I think the overall feedback is to go towards closer racing and less time consuming setup sessions. I think a better alternative to induction is needed to improve carnage occurences in the race. The spirit and motivation has been great so let s keep the interest going! Multiclass could be a good alternative to splits and keep everyone on the same server so we can have full grids every evenings. Apart from that, thank you so much for your hard work and providing us quality online racing! You rock! <3

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Outstanding
This community. You know why.

Good
My teammate @Shepard. Racing with some of the old guard, in particular @Darksi. We kept meeting on track in almost every race.
Having had consistency issues in just about every league now, I spent the majority of my races keeping out of the way, trying to reduce spinning ( best I managed was only 2 spins in a race) letting the car go wide if I locked the brakes, happened once too many times tbh.
Getting so many thank you's in a race!

Neutral
Think this has been covered by other people with regards to new drivers.
The car, at some tracks felt extremely mighty, at others it was nothing but a nightmare to haul its slippery ass around a corner. Though I did manage to get the hang of it for the last 2 rounds.

Bad
My PC dying a few days before the league wasn't helpful. All the practise I had put in (some 120 laps on each track between the cars) just to decide went out the window, thankfully my mind was already made up. Losing my controller settings was felt the most. Finally dialled them in by race 2 at COTA.
There were times when the TS chatter got a touch too, angry. Though this improved dramatically over the season. Downforce, I spent pretty much all the races with no df on the front & varied between 5>7 on the rear to combat the over-steer. The only track I felt that downforce was pointless was the one track I surprised a lot of people with my qualifying in the top 10. The lack of long drawn out corners helped as well.
Felt that a lot of people were too keen to force a move than wait for an opening or scythe through the traffic cleanly!
Getting lapped every race.
Otherwise another outstanding League season!

Which car would you like to drive for season 7?
I keep saying it, mostly because I really really, REALLY like that car, BAC Mono.
I'd stick to road legal, turned track toys to race with.

How did you like the schedule (2 races, 1 break, ...)
I'm easy with this. Preferred the Monday night event but this is purely personal preference.

Do you have any other general feedback?
When do we start again?! :D:D:D
Massive shout out to all the staff at RSR for continuing to make this community the place to be.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Negatives : the driving standards of some experienced drivers and new comers. My humble opinion is that we should be particularly harsh on lap1, maybe red flag restarts in case of carnage?
I would like to try a rolling start but single file. Immediately that should lower your chances of getting massive damage lap 1. Just a thought.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I would like to try a rolling start but single file. Immediately that should lower your chances of getting massive damage lap 1. Just a thought.
What about the orange zone they use in AC?

Corentin_Bergès

Community Member
Reaction score
To set the context, this cup was my first participation in any RSR cup so far, or any chamionship in general in sim racing.
  • Positive
    • I found the car awesome because it was powerful enough to have fun (i'm not playing sim racing to drive road legal car that is limited in HP and with which you can have a nap at each straight that comes) and the aero was positive when playing solo because the speed in curves gives sensations.
    • Although dirty air was a problem as many said, i've had some close racing during the season, and intense fights (with @CatchAGlimpse and @AJlewis1988 in particular)
    • I liked the fact, though it could also give frustration, that because overtaking was difficult you had to prepare your attacks and it was far from straight forward. I like challenge :punch:
    • Some drivers are really awesome to fight with, and i'd like to thank them for the clean racing and close battles.
    • I liked the track choices, they were almost all different (i did a specific setup for each one)
    • Because you had to setup the car to be fast, it gave me that "spark" i needed to go into the "how to setup the car" and i've definitly made some progress in this area ;)
    • 10 min qualifying. I understand some people don't like it, but imho there was always the opportunity to do at least one clean lap. This also forces you to do a clean lap and not push like a mad man no matter the cost, because you can't try so many times.
    • Immersion was incredible. I really felt i was a driver, and not just a guy having fun alone behind it's screen in its appartment. I love racing with you guys. :joyful:
  • Neutral
    • Teamspeak chatter : when i race i don't really focus on anything else, so i wasn't disturbed that much by the chatter. I understand it was ennoying in some races and agree people should stop arguing during the race.
    • Something to notice about this feedback topic : if you have something to complain about (i'm thinking about track limits) the steward topic is here for a reason. And i didn't hear anyone complain in race or warning against offtrack abuse during the race, let's begin there ! Track limits in PCars 2 don't work well, let's be honest (or work too well, you go behind the line for 2cm and you'll have to lift off and lose 3secs...) and arer frustrating when it comes to attacking, when you can do mistakes. PCars 2 also can penalise you when you've lost time, double penalty, that's a no-go for me)
  • Negative
    • Not enough variability in weather conditions. I loved the wet-to-dry race at Zhuhai, as it gives people new opportunities. @kobusnell knows what i'm talking about :p(congrats for the podium !) I'd like more of these, why not (let's dream !) an "unknown forecast" that YOU choose right before the race (with a warning in the race topic → weather forecast is 50% chance of rain in the second part, with the first part behind heavy cloud). That allows people to prepare for conditions and prepare a pit strategy, and eliminates the "weird random weather effect"
    • To some poeple in qualifications : when you're in an outlap, and you have a faster driver bahind you, let him pass. I can't afford a 5 sec gap with a driver in front when there are some people behind comming in a hotlap already
    • Not much night driving :(
    • Bad behaviour of some new driver in particular at Road America. Though, a bunch a wonderful new drivers have joined the ship !

• As i mentioned earlier, i would like to stick with race cars (road legal like gt3 RS that would make a Prosche carrera cup-like championship could be fun) with power (i hate cars when you wait for a straight to pass !). Not the ginetta, it already the center of the Assetto Corsa League.
    • No H-gearbox cars. Because heal-and-toe with paddles is horrific, and because i look for realism i don't want auto clutch. Plus, it's slower.
    • Touring car would be a great option, but for V8 is too hard to drive (i still make nightmares about bathurst lol) and diff is not tuneable :(
    • I'd also like to have a choice between at least two cars like this season. TCR with all cars (not just BMW) would be fun, because cars with different characteristics mean different opportunities on the track, maybe advantages on some tracks and disadvantages on some.
    • Please no mandatory default setup ! The setup helps but is not everything. For example a setup that is fast for my teammate @Taorminator may be undriveable for me, reverse is also true (it happened more than once) and default setup may advantage some drivers, in a way.

• I liked it, this introduces a "team spirit".
    • Though, the idea of mixing PRO-AM sounds cool to me, BUT with freedom :
      • that mean you can choose yourself who to race with as long as he's not in the same categorie.
      • Or you let people associate freely but in three cats depending on the class of the drivers in the team: PRO, PROAM, AM
    • This also means we have to differentiate between "pro" and "am" drivers but on which basis ?

• A week break between two race weeks was perfect to me

• As said many times, was great to see almost full lobby. Two splits with less than 15 people in each is a no go option for me. But two different categories with TCR and Clio Cup on the same track... why not ? With all the advantages discussed already above. I'm wondering about realism though. We could even think of teamming across categories, with one member in the faster class and one member in the slower class.
    • I'd love some variations in the race format
    • Reverse top 10 : past experiences have shown this does not affect the result that much, but can lead to accident and can cause some stress to people in front, with accidents, etc...
    • Some variation in race formats !
      • Would love a longer race, in the middle of the season, in case we go GT or LMP)
      • OR a short "qualifying race" (~30min) followed by a longer one (~1h) → gives lot of different conditions, you can make the second with mandatory pit stop (but where you have to change the tyres, mandatory just for the sake of being mandatory does bring nothing), you can make a pit-window, etc...

• Any last comment ?
    • Thanks to the streamer @fab. ICEMAN @ovivoJR this bring a lot to immersion and coolness into the championship
    • Thanks to the whole staff team for organising this. In case you need help for something, i'm here.
Post automatically merged:

ADD : I forgot to say but weight penalty for faster driver is something worth a try in my opinion.

Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
To set the context, this cup was my first participation in any RSR cup so far, or any chamionship in general in sim racing.
  • Positive
    • I found the car awesome because it was powerful enough to have fun (i'm not playing sim racing to drive road legal car that is limited in HP and with which you can have a nap at each straight that comes) and the aero was positive when playing solo because the speed in curves gives sensations.
    • Although dirty air was a problem as many said, i've had some close racing during the season, and intense fights (with @CatchAGlimpse and @AJlewis1988 in particular)
    • I liked the fact, though it could also give frustration, that because overtaking was difficult you had to prepare your attacks and it was far from straight forward. I like challenge :punch:
    • Some drivers are really awesome to fight with, and i'd like to thank them for the clean racing and close battles.
    • I liked the track choices, they were almost all different (i did a specific setup for each one)
    • Because you had to setup the car to be fast, it gave me that "spark" i needed to go into the "how to setup the car" and i've definitly made some progress in this area ;)
    • 10 min qualifying. I understand some people don't like it, but imho there was always the opportunity to do at least one clean lap. This also forces you to do a clean lap and not push like a mad man no matter the cost, because you can't try so many times.
    • Immersion was incredible. I really felt i was a driver, and not just a guy having fun alone behind it's screen in its appartment. I love racing with you guys. :joyful:
  • Neutral
    • Teamspeak chatter : when i race i don't really focus on anything else, so i wasn't disturbed that much by the chatter. I understand it was ennoying in some races and agree people should stop arguing during the race.
    • Something to notice about this feedback topic : if you have something to complain about (i'm thinking about track limits) the steward topic is here for a reason. And i didn't hear anyone complain in race or warning against offtrack abuse during the race, let's begin there ! Track limits in PCars 2 don't work well, let's be honest (or work too well, you go behind the line for 2cm and you'll have to lift off and lose 3secs...) and arer frustrating when it comes to attacking, when you can do mistakes. PCars 2 also can penalise you when you've lost time, double penalty, that's a no-go for me)
  • Negative
    • Not enough variability in weather conditions. I loved the wet-to-dry race at Zhuhai, as it gives people new opportunities. @kobusnell knows what i'm talking about :p(congrats for the podium !) I'd like more of these, why not (let's dream !) an "unknown forecast" that YOU choose right before the race (with a warning in the race topic → weather forecast is 50% chance of rain in the second part, with the first part behind heavy cloud). That allows people to prepare for conditions and prepare a pit strategy, and eliminates the "weird random weather effect"
    • To some poeple in qualifications : when you're in an outlap, and you have a faster driver bahind you, let him pass. I can't afford a 5 sec gap with a driver in front when there are some people behind comming in a hotlap already
    • Not much night driving :(
    • Bad behaviour of some new driver in particular at Road America. Though, a bunch a wonderful new drivers have joined the ship !

• As i mentioned earlier, i would like to stick with race cars (road legal like gt3 RS that would make a Prosche carrera cup-like championship could be fun) with power (i hate cars when you wait for a straight to pass !). Not the ginetta, it already the center of the Assetto Corsa League.
    • No H-gearbox cars. Because heal-and-toe with paddles is horrific, and because i look for realism i don't want auto clutch. Plus, it's slower.
    • Touring car would be a great option, but for V8 is too hard to drive (i still make nightmares about bathurst lol) and diff is not tuneable :(
    • I'd also like to have a choice between at least two cars like this season. TCR with all cars (not just BMW) would be fun, because cars with different characteristics mean different opportunities on the track, maybe advantages on some tracks and disadvantages on some.
    • Please no mandatory default setup ! The setup helps but is not everything. For example a setup that is fast for my teammate @Taorminator may be undriveable for me, reverse is also true (it happened more than once) and default setup may advantage some drivers, in a way.

• I liked it, this introduces a "team spirit".
    • Though, the idea of mixing PRO-AM sounds cool to me, BUT with freedom :
      • that mean you can choose yourself who to race with as long as he's not in the same categorie.
      • Or you let people associate freely but in three cats depending on the class of the drivers in the team: PRO, PROAM, AM
    • This also means we have to differentiate between "pro" and "am" drivers but on which basis ?

• A week break between two race weeks was perfect to me

• As said many times, was great to see almost full lobby. Two splits with less than 15 people in each is a no go option for me. But two different categories with TCR and Clio Cup on the same track... why not ? With all the advantages discussed already above. I'm wondering about realism though. We could even think of teamming across categories, with one member in the faster class and one member in the slower class.
    • I'd love some variations in the race format
    • Reverse top 10 : past experiences have shown this does not affect the result that much, but can lead to accident and can cause some stress to people in front, with accidents, etc...
    • Some variation in race formats !
      • Would love a longer race, in the middle of the season, in case we go GT or LMP)
      • OR a short "qualifying race" (~30min) followed by a longer one (~1h) → gives lot of different conditions, you can make the second with mandatory pit stop (but where you have to change the tyres, mandatory just for the sake of being mandatory does bring nothing), you can make a pit-window, etc...

• Any last comment ?
    • Thanks to the streamer @fab. ICEMAN @ovivoJR this bring a lot to immersion and coolness into the championship
    • Thanks to the whole staff team for organising this. In case you need help for something, i'm here.
Post automatically merged:

ADD : I forgot to say but weight penalty for faster driver is something worth a try in my opinion.
I agree that a reverse top 10 can result in more accidents, but on the other side it is more experience for people who are not often up there and learn how to drive cleaner and closer. I think.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
This also means we have to differentiate between "pro" and "am" drivers but on which basis ?
Just so you know - its always been PRO/AM before this season. It's pretty well defined, based on a combination of a pre-season time trial and/or Admin selection. after that PROs and AMs needed to arrange their own teams. Worked well IMO.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just so you know - its always been PRO/AM before this season. It's pretty well defined, based on a combination of a pre-season time trial and/or Admin selection. after that PROs and AMs needed to arrange their own teams. Worked well IMO.
I agree with you that it works well but I'd say not for everyone. It's a great idea really to mix faster drivers with rookies or slower ones but in practice you have very fast hotlappers that get the Pro tag, show up one race, crash and you never see them again for the rest of the season. The Am driver that team up with this kind of guys doesn't feel really respected or learn anything. Personally I'm not fast but I roughly know how to drive and I'd rather team up with a motivated rookie than being potentially forced to team up with somebody I don't want to because of the Pro/Am system. It worked well for me with @SillySausage in the gt4 league, we were both midfielders and kept pushing each other to a good result eventually, the Pro/Am system wouldn't have let us that opportunity. So yeah, I speak for myself but I've had bad experiences with it and great ones without it ;)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I agree with you that it works well but I'd say not for everyone. It's a great idea really to mix faster drivers with rookies or slower ones but in practice you have very fast hotlappers that get the Pro tag, show up one race, crash and you never see them again for the rest of the season. The Am driver that team up with this kind of guys doesn't feel really respected or learn anything. Personally I'm not fast but I roughly know how to drive and I'd rather team up with a motivated rookie than being potentially forced to team up with somebody I don't want to because of the Pro/Am system. It worked well for me with @SillySausage in the gt4 league, we were both midfielders and kept pushing each other to a good result eventually, the Pro/Am system wouldn't have let us that opportunity. So yeah, I speak for myself but I've had bad experiences with it and great ones without it ;)
I have also enjoyed the "pick your own teams" method to be fair. As Tao says, it can be more engaging simply to find a team mate who is motivated in the same ways / methods that you are. Either approach to teams can be really good.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really nice feedback and discussions going on here. Keep it up, we will take everything in consideration for Season 7 (yes there will be another season :p)

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have also enjoyed the "pick your own teams" method to be fair. As Tao says, it can be more engaging simply to find a team mate who is motivated in the same ways / methods that you are. Either approach to teams can be really good.
Can't you just pick your teammate and than you get like a pre season thingy to get your PRO/AM tag and than you still have your own teammate, but you get to drive around "your level"

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
In principle I like some of the suggestions for a "split 2" to be in a different class car on the same track. It works, its probably close to "real life" (though generally its about how much money you have to compete). You might find that some people have frustrations if there are 2 classes available and they're being told to use the class they prefer less.

Multi-class + mandatory pit (+ a certain race length) does have an attraction of more variation and strategy.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
In principle I like some of the suggestions for a "split 2" to be in a different class car on the same track. It works, its probably close to "real life" (though generally its about how much money you have to compete). You might find that some people have frustrations if there are 2 classes available and they're being told to use the class they prefer less.

Multi-class + mandatory pit (+ a certain race length) does have an attraction of more variation and strategy.
You could also just do the pre-season thingy to say which "class" you belong, but if you want to drive in the faster class you get the tag PROAM for example. Although saying this my self, this does not feel like a good system.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
Considering it was my first racing league cup, i didn't expected much from it. But the results were quite Mind blowing : I learned a lot more about how to understand the car and how translate it in a setup during this competition than during the last year ! The LMP3 was quite a good car to race with although it needs some modifications to suit the tracks. Also i would consider it as a "medium level" car in the PC2's range which means it is still drivable wether you are an accomplished Sim Racer or a Beginner and THIS is a GREAT thing for the Cup !
@ProjectPD @Corentin_Bergès and i spent a few time talking about this subject and we were agreeing on the idea of racing TCR, especially the BMW 320 TC which felt quite balanced between Speed, Aero and Tuning Abilities. Other than that, the Renault Clio Cup and the Porsche 911 GT3 RS (The road legal one) would be good to drive !
As i spent most the Championship as a Reserve Driver, i feel like i'm not very suited to answer the question. But based on what i've heard on TS during practice sessions, i would say people took their team work seriously, sharing setups and tips for each Race. The Team Championship was responsible for good fights and that shows in the results, the 2nd to the 5th place being separated by less than 50 points.
Being honest i was quite sceptical about racing on Thursday, but overall i'd say it wasn't bad at all ! Now the only problem is that some people can't race during the week, but PCars 2 being left little by little, it seems obvious to keep the weekends for the more important leagues happening in AC, RFactor and I Racing.
One last thing we discussed with PD and Corentin was about giving a "Success Ballast" to the winners of each race, adding like 5 liters of fuel or reducing the air intake diameter for example. That would help competitiveness during races !

Last but not least, a Big thanks to the Drivers AND the Admins taking part in that competition, it was great fun ! :D

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
I've got mostly positives here. Well organized, nice car, nice selection of tracks (they really suited the car). Really liked the wet race, but I didn't like the wet-dry transition (it was a bit too rapid). Also good clean racing (with minor hiccups as it is to be expected) and insane pace from the front-runners.
It's not one, but two cars. I'd like to see multiclass racing, just to give more people a chance to fight for higher places. Pretty sure about one car (BMW TC) and the second could be from lmp900 or gt1 class, lamborghini super trofeo or renault rs1. Or maybe even a vintage TC with an H-shifter. Plenty of choice. I would run pre-qualy (time trial) if there is too much interest in certain class.
Yes, but for the future i would like to see more variety in race formats. I.e. we have a race in current format (10min Q1, 30min R1, 10min Q2, 30 min R2), then the next week we could have a race in a more endurance format (like 10min Q with 90min race with mandatory pit stop). Mix it up a bit.
I do not like the rolling starts much. We're so close together, they're basically the same as standing in terms of first turn accident risk. Crawling around the track in a formation lap for 3 minutes is also pretty boring and tiresome, so I would replace those with standing start.
For endurance races I would suggest another type of rolling start: single file like in F1 restarts. Leader basically accelerates out of last corner and its green. (variation of this could be a rolling start like now, only we are in single file until the s/f line)
Keep up the good work!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thank you for all the feedback, We will take all of it onboard so please keep going with the feedback :)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!:
- overall clean racing and friendly competitors
- I prefer a standing start, problem with rolling start is that some take too many risks ..... though we all know you can't win many positions during a rolling start and should aim on keeping your position at least and maybe win 1 or 2 positions
- never liked the LMP3 car ... Renault 3.5 and GTE from previous seasons was more fun

Which car would you like to drive for season 7?:
The TT challenge sessions had some great cars like:
Audi R8 LMP-900
BMW 1M Stanceworks

Audi pros: very fast and exciting car, open cockpit which I prefer, might attract a lot of new community members and fast drivers from other competitions, great car for improving your racing line technique
Audi cons: faster drivers will easily drive away from the pack and will be very soon lapping the back markers, setup might be too much of an influence on difference between cars and take a lot of time

BMW pros: much fun to drive, loads of power, steering with the throttle fun, applying throttle and brake at same time for fast cornering, very good car for improving your overall driving skills, close racing, easier to setup

Overall I like rear wheel drive cars with an open cockpit and loads of power (not necessarily extremely fast) ... although I also very much liked the season with GTE cars

How did you like the Team Championship?:
Really like this, get to know each other better and speeds up the setup and learning process by sharing information and videos

How did you like the schedule?
the schedule is perfect..although I always seem to have planned my vacation during the rev cup season. I won't compete during summer ... too hot with VR ... unless we do default setup ... next vacation will be in September so I might have an issue anyhow :cool:

Do you have any other general feedback?
Keep up the good work! Great community and always much fun driving with you guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread