Project CARS 2 Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 8. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • How did you like the Team Championship?
  • How did you like the schedule?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Positives
  1. I thought the car was great. Easy to learn, difficult to master
  2. I think it was the right call when Watkins went bad. Hard decision of course
  3. Its the Revolution Cup format we've come to know and love
  4. I got to pretend to be a commentator for 1 race :eek:
Negatives
  1. My cursed technology issues rather took the fun out of it for me.
Other comments
As ever our admin team have done a wonderful job.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Hello I will try to make my feedback not only complains/negative but bare with me if I point out more things that we all could improve than mentioning every point that was good. In general I really liked the car and the championship an am well pleased with it all.

I enjoyed the car much more than I thought I would. I fiddled a setup together that I really liked and man on slicks, this car is creazy in a positive way if you drive it wild. The wet race was also really good in the end.

The tracks selections I liked quite well, Nürburgring GP is usually not my favourite track but with this car is was good fun. I had a fantastic 2nd race at Donington. I LOVE HOCKENHEIM Nat. thank you for this pick it was wonderful to drive there! Fuji was fun with some company. Watkins was also cool apart from a few evil kerbs.

What I didn't like so much was the increased tire wear, didn't need this, did not add anything to my fun.
Another thing I don't like in pCARS2 is pit stops, god dammit did they ruin some fun this championship. Once as my beloved rival @today was screwed by the pit crew and at pit entry. Plus the one time when my pit crew was drunk and forgot the tires. From my (bad) experience we should do everything we can to avoid pit stops in this game.
I'm split on this one, on one side it's nice to have a motivated partner or get help from an more experienced partner. On the other hand it's one person less you can race on track and the smaller the field the more crucial that gets. As an example, if I had teamed up with @t0daY I would have lost my best rival in this championship on track.
I had an idea about the schedule. Maybe you could declare one "off week" into a scheduled "fun week". if everything goes right it will be a fun (race) week, but if something goes wrong, we can use it as a backup date for a lost race. (Like Watkins Gleen was)
I would be all for a strike result with pCARS2. This game is unfortunately a unstable mess when it comes to Online-Racing. Even with the biggest commitment this game can't guarantee a finish on every race :( You know Nürburgring where I was 4th with space ahead and behind and 10 minutes before ... ah never mind you know the story.

Some thoughts. It was a bit sad to see that the player numbers became so small towards the end of the championship. This is maybe due to December and probably has a dozen different reason but maybe there was a bigger reason? And the last thought is I wished I had a few more rivals on track, puffi and chatch were far ahead and usually tao was a few tenths per lap too quick for me, while I usually was a few thenths to quick for the main pack, all I'm trying to say is... t0day should have attended more race ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would be all for a strike result with pCARS2.
This will be implemented, from now on, in ALL championships we will be running in the future.

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
A very unstable game pCARS2, I’m not even trying to fight in the race so as not to get a penalty, but still they blame me for this:pompous:. I turn to rFactor2:stig:, there is at least a pleasant car behavior but a wretched menu:bookworm::oldman:.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Outstanding
This community. The RSR team.

Good
The car was a great choice. A steep learning curve that for me plateaued at the end. Once you realised the car loves being just beyond the limit of comfort, it became easier to control being able to find quicker pace, for the most part.

Neutral
I still enjoy the variable weather conditions, the drying track at donington for me was good fun. not least because I could actually do more than 9 laps before the wet tyres died in the rain after switching to slicks. Unfortunately others were unable to follow my strategy of switching to slicks & indeed many were able to lap just as quick by staying on the wets..

Bad
For me, & its a continuous thorn in my side - Tyre degradation. For the most part the accelerated wear brought an interesting element into the racing, particularly in hockenheim... but aside from being interesting, it was generally a major pain. Already suffering from increased wear being a poor controller user, the accelerated wear made every little spin/ minor mistake hurt much much more.

Which car would you like to drive for season 7?
"I keep saying it, mostly because I really, really, REALLY like that car, BAC Mono."
I haven't really driven this car in game now for a long time. I doubt I could do a clean lap on the green hell close to my old lap times now aha.
Show me something new ;)

Do you have any other general feedback?
When do we start again?! :D:D:D
Massive shout out to all the staff at RSR for continuing to make this community the place to be.
It's a shame that the attendance for this season dropped but I think illness & the festivities took their toll on people.
I WANT ANOTHER PODIUM ahahaha. I could smell 3rd place in Hockenheim :playful:

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
After a few days being ill, here's my feedback from the Cup !

Positive : The amount of people racing Project Cars, I had to withdraw from several races this year but there was always someone to replace me. This gave the rookies a chance to participate to their first RSR Cup and i believe we never raced with less than 17 people !

Neutral : The Racetracks choosen were quite balanced but i couldn't say if one stood out in particular. The lack of content from PCars 2 becomes more and more a Problem, and the DLCs won't really change anything.

Negative : This year, i felt like we had some issues regarding the informations. The debate we had last race about the points should have been dealt way before in my opinion. There was also @FuBii 's issue with the pitlane glitch that disqualified him which was a problem : I thought it was clear that we were not taking account of any PCars In Game rules (Track limits, penalties and DSQ), but after the race it seems that it wasn't clear unfortunately. :(
The Team Championship was great, although i couldn't give my team mate @Nevil much help because i was struggling with the car :rolleyes:
I thought the gap between 1st and 2nd in the Team championship was small, but the gap between 3rd and 5th is just crazy ! That's the kind of hard fights we want to see ! :D
Not as much as before unfortunately :( Racing at the end of the year isn't great as lots of us are away during this period. But once 2020 will rise, i believe we'll have our sporty Thursdays back :p
I have one last feedback for the Staff, in the form of a "You can trust us" : The Cup 8 looked to be quite hard as many of you were overbooked. However, you've always made sure we were able to race. It's okay to lack time, to say "We have too much work, can we trust you to make the race happen ?". You are already giving us trust with the ladderboard screenshots people take at the end of each race.
If you feel like you won't be able to make it because you are short on time, don't hesitate : Ask us. We are here to race, but we are also here to support RSR in any possible manner, so if you need any help next time, you can trust us ;)

My special thanks to the Staff for making it happen once again ! :D
I'd also like to thank all the members that helped in any manner with the smooth running of the season (Edit : Let's say everyone, it's much easier like that :p ) !

As always, thank you all for RSR Cup 8, i won't be here for a few days, but i can't wait for our next challenge in 2020 ! :p

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
As always, taking part in a RSR-organized setting was great. Thanks to the staff for bearing with us again ;)

However I often found myself lacking time for proper preparation and therefore performing below my actual skill-level (at least in comparison to my rF2 performance)
Also the car needed to be driven in an uncomfortable way (for me), which didn't add to the enjoyment in the end.

We saw way less incidents than in earlier iterations of the Revolution Cup, which is a big plus. Thx to all participants for showing the right mindset and respecting each other and our rules. Keep it up like this.

For me, this was the last participation in a pCARS Cup, because I just don't have the time to prepare myself properly on a weekly basis. And also the game feels
worn out already, with its shortcomings with regard to endurance racing e.g., and also the numerous bugs which have never been addressed like the connection issues dropping people from a beginning race session. It's just frustrating at times.
I will focus on rF2 and iracing for the moment, but i am also looking forward to the sequel of pCARS2, and maybe AMS2 will be worth a look too, if it isn't just a polished version of PC. Time will tell, fingers crossed.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@Pierre CREUSEVAULT thanks for the praise but I believe its misdirected...
@CatchAGlimpse had practice lobbies up on a regular basis & before the event.
Screenshot were taken by a lot of people to get the results. I wasn't one :eek:
As for smooth running, even when he's late or absent @t0daY is still the man. Helped by @Battenberg @Jamesl91 & @Darksi

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Pierre CREUSEVAULT thanks for the praise but I believe its misdirected...
@CatchAGlimpse had practice lobbies up on a regular basis & before the event.
Screenshot were taken by a lot of people to get the results. I wasn't one :eek:
As for smooth running, even when he's late or absent @t0daY is still the man. Helped by @Battenberg @Jamesl91 & @Darksi
Thanks for including me Fubii but the others did the work, I turned up and drove at the back mostly

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
As always I really enjoyed the Revolution Cup. The car was great and so were the selected tracks. We had more clean driving this season and less crashes, luckily we are all improving ;)
It was a bit disappointing that we had 66 members in the poll for this season, of which 27 voted for the Radical, but I think maximum grid size was around 22?
Would have been nice if we had more participants throughout the season like earlier seasons with the GTE cars and Formula Renault.
But to tackle this issue, we should have more information first on why not many people signed up for the races, too many other choices/options/commitments like rF2, ACC, iRacing, not liking the tracks, the car?

I still like PCARS2 a lot, great graphics and the best in VR. Car behaviour and FFB also improved a lot for me because of better wheel/pedals and FFB files. But I must admit I don't have much experience with other SIMS.

For next season we maybe should reduce the car choice to 3 instead of 5 and also vote for the tracks? And include some of the, by some hated, popular classes, so we get more people signing up and participating hopefully? With 2 splits and more drivers, I expect you have a bigger chance to race against people with similar skill-level and close racing.

Disconnecting: I had some disconnecting issues, but luckily only missed out on the Fuji race. Would be nice if there was an option to rejoin or restart a 1 hour race if someone disconnects. For the half hour races you can always (if lucky) join the second race, no problem for me. But getting disconnected prior to the 1 hr race is a tough one… all these hours of practice and creating setups wasted…
Starting January 27 2020 I will have a new internet provider, more bandwidth which hopefully solves my disconnecting issues.

Weather settings: I would like to suggest to keep the weather slots (maybe only for split 2 if applicable) for both 30 minutes races the same. 2x quali + 2x race = 6 different weather slots / setups. And make weather forecast known on the Saturday before the race week. I’m better at setups nowadays but still need a lot of hours to get it right. With less weather slots we also lower the threshold for new members, beginners/newbies. When I started 2 years ago I had to learn everything from scratch – game / game settings / tracks / driving technique / race craft / race rules / setups / et cetera (my nephew had to explain to me what a 'online lobby'is :rolleyes:) – 6 weather slots is an awful lot if you are a beginning SIM-racer.

Can’t wait for next season and the (hopefully even better) new version of PCARS. Happy New Year and see you in 2020!
(might be in rF2/ACC or iRacing as well, if I find the time to learn these SIMS…..)

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
My opinion (as a casual sim-racer that plays a lot less than I would like) on why there has been lack of drivers on recent seasons (PC2, AC and ACC):

When I started with RSS, we mostly had single events on PC2. Leagues were a rarity that came around every couple of months. So when a league started, people were really excited about it, signed up quickly (because it would run out of space) and also turned up - because a league race was special.

In the last year, RSS expanded their leagues in AC, ACC and RF2, which is great. But it came to the point that it was too much for the casual racer and it really wasn't anything special about a league, since there were two running (if not more) running at the same time.
So people who can't dedicate too much time for preparation and racing started picking their battles and inevitably total numbers declined a bit.

What I would suggest is simple. Have only one league at a time across all games. And have a bit of downtime from league to league to increase the anticipation. That would mean maybe 4 or 5 leagues per year (one each 3 months) - one league per game (AC, ACC, PC2, AMS2, RF2).

That doesn't mean other games would be dead when there is a league going on. Paralleled to the league, we would have single events in other games - those would be more casual and a thing to test out different combinations, historical combos, fun combos etc.

That's how I feel about the matter. Just to make it clear, this is coming from someone who has really struggled to find time to sim race in the second half of this year and my participation in future events is questionable. Your mileage may vary.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As always I really enjoyed the Revolution Cup. The car was great and so were the selected tracks. We had more clean driving this season and less crashes, luckily we are all improving ;)
It was a bit disappointing that we had 66 members in the poll for this season, of which 27 voted for the Radical, but I think maximum grid size was around 22?
Would have been nice if we had more participants throughout the season like earlier seasons with the GTE cars and Formula Renault.
But to tackle this issue, we should have more information first on why not many people signed up for the races, too many other choices/options/commitments like rF2, ACC, iRacing, not liking the tracks, the car?

I still like PCARS2 a lot, great graphics and the best in VR. Car behaviour and FFB also improved a lot for me because of better wheel/pedals and FFB files. But I must admit I don't have much experience with other SIMS.

For next season we maybe should reduce the car choice to 3 instead of 5 and also vote for the tracks? And include some of the, by some hated, popular classes, so we get more people signing up and participating hopefully? With 2 splits and more drivers, I expect you have a bigger chance to race against people with similar skill-level and close racing.

Disconnecting: I had some disconnecting issues, but luckily only missed out on the Fuji race. Would be nice if there was an option to rejoin or restart a 1 hour race if someone disconnects. For the half hour races you can always (if lucky) join the second race, no problem for me. But getting disconnected prior to the 1 hr race is a tough one… all these hours of practice and creating setups wasted…
Starting January 27 2020 I will have a new internet provider, more bandwidth which hopefully solves my disconnecting issues.

Weather settings: I would like to suggest to keep the weather slots (maybe only for split 2 if applicable) for both 30 minutes races the same. 2x quali + 2x race = 6 different weather slots / setups. And make weather forecast known on the Saturday before the race week. I’m better at setups nowadays but still need a lot of hours to get it right. With less weather slots we also lower the threshold for new members, beginners/newbies. When I started 2 years ago I had to learn everything from scratch – game / game settings / tracks / driving technique / race craft / race rules / setups / et cetera (my nephew had to explain to me what a 'online lobby'is :rolleyes:) – 6 weather slots is an awful lot if you are a beginning SIM-racer.

Can’t wait for next season and the (hopefully even better) new version of PCARS. Happy New Year and see you in 2020!
(might be in rF2/ACC or iRacing as well, if I find the time to learn these SIMS…..)
Regarding the number of weather slots, do you really make a different setup for each session?? :oops: Personally I have decided to restrict myself to 1h of (efficient) practice before race day because I realized it was the time it took me to reach my "baseline" pace plateau. Past this 1 hour I am usually just wasting my time with very few improvement and worse, I usually internalize bad driving habits. During that time I focus only on the basic stuff like aero, gearing, pressures and diff. Something that you can get quite right after a few laps of practice with few adjustements. I'd say I spend 75% of the time learning the track, get every reference right and 25% in the setup. That means I have 1 setup for race and convert it to quali or wet. Also take advantage of creating a good baseline setup from the start of the season

EDIT : what I mean is that it is much more efficient to find pace with conscious driving practice and continuously assessing what you are doing wrong and right as a driver than looking for pace/confidence through setup. If you are 2s of puffi's pace it is obviously not setup that is the cause, a good setup matters if you want an advantage on SOME places on the track from your rival that is closely matched

Last edited:

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First of all I wanted to say a huge thank you to the RSR staff for an awesome year of racing! :)

General feedback :
This cup was awesome! Not because I had a good result but because the car was so great to drive and the competition was closely matched! I also feel I removed some personal limitations that prevented me from improving :) I want to say a huge thank you to the dirty air royals! You guys rocked and I really felt we carried each other with setups, driving tips and motivation! :)

League positives :
- the car the car the car! This is one of those I wish I had driven more as a beginner! It shows you right in your face what you are doing wrong and mid corner is where it really shines. It helped me understand that I usually don't exploit all the available grip and I'm driving much more conscious of this fact. 11/10 would race again!

- dirty air wasn't an issue like it used to be in the past! Great car choice again

- watkins glen, donington and nurburgring are always a hit. I didnt like the slipstream tracks like fuji or daytona but I like that there is a balance that fits all driving styles throughout the season!

- the cup was quite clean! Good job guys! Much less negative waves than previous seasons!

- Tight fights in the top5 !

- increased tyre was good, you had to manage them and it is a skill that s needed as a driver

- sprint/endurance format alternance! Sorry for the guys who got pcarsed though :(

Season neutral :
- The choice to re schedule the 1st race was the right call, changing the rules at the last race with such a decisive effect on the champioship not so much. It as been discussed and it s all good. I agree we need strike result for next pcars seasons

Season negatives :
- not much really, I think the RCUP format is getting quite mature now :)

Wishlist for next season :
- radical sr8? :p or don't you guys really wanna try the road legal porsche gt3 RS? It so fun to keep on the road and not many setup parameters. As discussed previously I d like a car that is challenging to drive (fun to drive on your own) and that allows close racing. I don't mind something with aero and I m in the GT mood ;)

- track combo with good balance between slipstream and high DF

- success ballast to close the gap to the rest of the field? This one is getting less and less taboo in racing in general

Last edited:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hit - > Nail Head

When it's only league racing, and you know you'll miss a couple of rounds, it is demotivating and hard to continue with the league. You don't progress as much as others with the car, and if you don't like the car it's a whole season that it's hard to get motivated for. I also miss the one-off races, and the excitement that the rarity of a season brings.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Regarding the number of weather slots, do you really make a different setup for each session?? :oops:
oops ... correction, I meant 4 'setups', Q1, Race 1, Q2 + Race 2. If you can call it setups. I do start with a baseline setup (or setup earlier used on a track with similar layout) and adjust from there. For quali and race I adjust ride height, fuel amount, radiator, brake ducts and tyre pressures.
If settings for race 1 and 2 are the same, you can do some minor adjustments between races in case you haven't had much time for setups prior to race day. But for me it would be sufficient if all race circumstances (in game date/time and weather forecast) are published latest on the Saturday before the race.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hit - > Nail Head

When it's only league racing, and you know you'll miss a couple of rounds, it is demotivating and hard to continue with the league. You don't progress as much as others with the car, and if you don't like the car it's a whole season that it's hard to get motivated for. I also miss the one-off races, and the excitement that the rarity of a season brings.
I miss the one off events too, it brings variety with tracks/cars that you don't usually drive or know they are fun (there are so many in pcars). Yet the leagues are a constant competition, you want to improve do better than your rival and it s great when the leagues are close together. Maybe space the league races a bit more to fit one off events between them?

Users who are viewing this thread