Project CARS 2 Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Season 9 Banner.png

This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 9. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • How did you like the Team Championship?
  • How did you like the schedule?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

CatchAGlimpse

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
    • Positive: Car choice was tough for some, and took some learning but was very rewarding when you found the sweet spot and how to drive the car how it wanted to be driven.
    • Neutral: may as well been as one car championship due to the BMW being super competitive at every round. Big respect for @Explousion for seeing it through to the end!
    • Negative: points/results still slow to be posted compared to the other leagues on other games such as AC/ACC/RF2. However if you give me access to the spreadsheet again, I'd be happy to do this within 24 hours of the race finishing as I did for the final part of the season.
    • Great - I like the format a lot now. Even better The Fresh Princes of Dirty Air came out on top @Taorminator :cool:
    • Potentially the Hshifter/non HS split in the table wasn't required in the end but understandable why it was in place.
    • Length of the season was good
    • Some of the tracks weren't great for these cars. Dubai and Texas for instance. I felt some of the more British/European tracks would have been more suitable for these.
    • Everything else was amazing, hard to pick out what was great as it just ran smoothly and we had no issues or controversy throughout the season.

Thanks as usual to all of the staff for putting in the time and effort required to run this and a huge thanks to everyone that turned up. A great group of drivers and I don't think we had one single stewards report what goes to show the respect we all had for each other on track.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Outstanding
This community. The RSR team. Racing/bullying @Puffpirat in Dubai :woot:

Good
The car was amazing fun. Minimal effect from downforce, a literal tank compared to most cars we've raced that could handle kerbs & a few knocks. Track choice, for the most part, suited the car really well. Though it would have been awesome to try & follow the DTM race calendar for these cars where possible.
Racing with some of the front runners for the first time. An awesome experience fighting for places, hope my 'inner bas***d' didn't come out too much. Partnering with @steveg200 was cool. Think we were only separated by .2s for most quali sessions.
Watching @Jonno's stream, you can see my every twitch/flick of the steering wheel compared to those around me, a great little detail.

Neutral
That poor poor BMW was mugged about everywhere. Massive kudos to @Explousion for sticking with it & out-scoring me over the season.

Bad
The reducing number of participants though this is something RSR can't control due to a number of external factors.
Getting dropped from my only official RSR pole position in Bathurst. :bigtears:

Do you have any other general feedback?
When do we start again?! :D:D:D seriously
Massive shout out to all the staff at RSR for continuing to make this community the place to be.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I only joined this season near the end, as is my love/hate relationship with PC2 :p I also typically race in AC/ACC so that can often take up my time. Decided to jump into the last 2 rounds. Positives are the general running of the league and the drivers. Everyone gives respect on track and has been especially helpful towards me as I really struggled with the car. As I only joined the last 2 rounds I can't comment too much, but a different selection of tracks I think would have suited this car more. Texas was an odd choice, for example.
I went solo for my only 2 rounds. But I do struggle with the concept of having to have a team mate. Lets be honest, nobody would want to be stuck with me in their team if they wanted to have a competitive season!
PC2 usually clashes a little bit with the other seasons I race in, but I would like to make it fit. Will see what the schedule is like for the next season.
Thanks again to those who offered to help me with the car. I'll probably need more help for the next one! Big thanks as always to everyone who organizes the leagues and to @Jonno for his streams. Was great to watch these back after each race.

Hopefully see you next season!

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I only joined this season near the end, as is my love/hate relationship with PC2 :p I also typically race in AC/ACC so that can often take up my time. Decided to jump into the last 2 rounds. Positives are the general running of the league and the drivers. Everyone gives respect on track and has been especially helpful towards me as I really struggled with the car. As I only joined the last 2 rounds I can't comment too much, but a different selection of tracks I think would have suited this car more. Texas was an odd choice, for example.
I went solo for my only 2 rounds. But I do struggle with the concept of having to have a team mate. Lets be honest, nobody would want to be stuck with me in their team if they wanted to have a competitive season!
PC2 usually clashes a little bit with the other seasons I race in, but I would like to make it fit. Will see what the schedule is like for the next season.
Thanks again to those who offered to help me with the car. I'll probably need more help for the next one! Big thanks as always to everyone who organizes the leagues and to @Jonno for his streams. Was great to watch these back after each race.

Hopefully see you next season!
Tbh don't be shy to team with anyone here whatever your performance level! Most drivers don't want a fast team mate but someone with reasonnable commitment and show up every race to support the team. Just being there every time counts more for most than being an absolute alien and show up once or twice (I experienced that and it is really not motivating). Most people here are happy to share their tips and help you get up to speed. I'd say ask someone you get along with and you now is a regular, fast or not it doesn't matter :)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positives :
An outstanding teamwork with @CatchAGlimpse
A particularly clean season with a lot of respect and trust!
A lot of memorable battles and epic side by side racing.
A close field at the top and a lot of motivation from the regulars
A car that teaches you basic race driving skills
Friendly and casual practice sessions, good laugh, competitive but not so serious is what I like!
First ever RSR victory! \o/
The current Rcup format and smooth event organisation from RSR staff :)
Bathurst <3

Neutral :
I prefer cars with a lot of grip but that's personal preference
Variety of tracks

Negatives :
Lack of cars variety in the field, absence of BOP killed the BMW. I think it should be either a spec season or enough BOP to have variety and drivers to pick cars that suit their driving style. Ex : I'd consider driving a FWD car for fun but not if it's 3s off pace.
Track conditions that caused the tyres to overheat. 1 race with overheated tyres is fun for tyre management but most of the season is not enjoyable.
Dubaï didn't suit the car, Texas was ok but felt out of place in the calendar.
Absence of wet races

Suggestions :
Bring more variety with BOP or multiclass if BOP is too difficult to put in place.
Choose track conditions so that tyres are closer to their optimum window with 1 or 2 exceptions during the season like cold/hot/wet.
For cars I'd suggest GT1 or IMSA cars like the 300zx, Ferrari F40 and others in the GTO class.

Se you guys next season :)

Users who are viewing this thread