Project CARS 2 Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Project CARS

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Revolution Cup - Season 10. Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • How did you like the Team Championship?
  • How did you like the schedule?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I joined the cup because even tough I don't love to drive FF cars I thought it will be good racing. And pretty much was. To write down what I already said in short my feeling is: without the pit-stop we would have lost a touch of strategy but would have gained a lot of close racing. I liked the two race format once again. With a game like pCARS2 it's just a better bet to have two crisp races instead of one long. The reverse grid was more often a pain than a joy for me. If more cautious and more eager ppl switch places, it's a not a good recipe for T1-T3. Before the season it sounded more fun than it was in the end I have the feeling. Netcode is a factor here I think.
The car felt better to me in the wet, would have liked to see more wet race, as it was smoother, fairly save and nice with the FF. Even with the known need for a dry Qualifying, that actually added a healthy amount of chaos this time and spiced the race up.
Finding a new Bug in such an old game tells a lot about the problems and workarounds RSR encounters with pCARS. Can never be sure to not get *hit on your cup with this game. And it just adds another argument (in general not this cup in particular) to the list, to not use pit-stops in pCARS if possible.

I think the schedule was good this time. The weeks off came handy for me as I didn't had time or took a look inside AMS2 with you guys. Also the cup had a nice length, it didn't felt too long for me, also not too short, somewhere between 6-7 races is a good length with not more than 2 weeks off.

Team Championship was okay, looked good on track. Having teams always takes some racing out of the cup and in this one it was again a quite big amount but it looked good.

So mostly small niggles in an overall very solid, fun and well organized cup. Also with a strong number of participants, honestly, I know it looks strange when we have a full list and like 10 reserve and the grid of the first race is not completely full, but nonetheless we had till the end a good number of drivers despite summer.

Last edited:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Haven't participated in this season, but how about a single make (something enjoyable like the BMW 2002), fixed setup season. I'd probably un-shelf PC2 for that. :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Firstly I have to apologise for not being as present as in other seasons. I came into this season thinking "sure why not, touring cars are always good". Unfortunately I've not been able to get the balance right between not practicing too much (I simply don't have the time right now) and enjoying the actual racing experience.

Firstly the positive:
  1. Low DF cars always make for a more competitive environment, as much as I would love to be back in the formula renault, Touring cars, ginettas, formula rookie etc are where the close racing is.
  2. While there were a lot of bumps and scrapes, the little racing I experienced was pretty respectful this season
  3. The incredible efforts the admin team goes to to make these seasons available to us. I know they're producing these over multiple sims right now and I'm greatful to them
  4. It was a shame to lose the pit strategy, but I thought it was a good solution to a tough problem when faced with the weird difference in pit times between the two selected cars. Well done admin team.
  5. The 2 weeks on one week off is still the best approach in my mind to balance a compact season with breathing time for those with other commitments
Neutral
  1. I feel that the sheer number of tournaments and events and sims attempting to be hosted by RSR is detracting from the PC2 setup. I'd be suprised if that wasn't true of the others. PC2, AC, ACC, RF2 and presumably now AM2 (somehow I doubt we'll be adding PC3 to that list). It's a lot of games and I think its both impressive that the team manages it, but equally could be part of the reason there are 30 signups at the beginning of the season and a half empty grid a few weeks later. When I joined I guess PC2 was in its prime and there were two full splits. I was in the second split and the goal of getting into split 1 for the next season was motivating. It's died off a bit, but there are still a lot of active members racing something on a near weekly basis (or some crazy loons doing about 4 races a week). As a personal standpoint, if the RSR admins said "we're only supporting X" I'd move to X if that meant stronger turnouts.
Some less good / could be improved:
  1. General updating of race information: I'd suggest that ideally this should happen before the end of the friday before the race. Saturday/Sunday is often the only time for some to practice
  2. Some people probably don't care about changes to track limits being announced the day of race, and if this were limited to this season it would simply be a learning point. We've been here before though with the Clio season and after the first races there we were announcing limits at the same time as race conditions. Announcing cahnges to track limits on the day or even a day before is beneficial to those who have practiced extending the limits to the maximum, and detrimental to anyone still paying attention to the rules provided for our races. Some people can adjust quickly, those "naturals", but other people have taken pains to learn their lines through painful repetition. It really frustrates me to see the limits changed late on because someone wants to chase a lap record by reinventing the track.
  3. Abuse of track limits. It's been done to death and nothing's changing. All I'll say is that based on observation of our races very few racers in our cups would ever finish an iRacing race withought disqualification, yet somehow many of them do mange exactly this feat.
  4. It was pretty disappointing that there are still those who don't understand the difference between "during" and "after" the race. It's extremely distracting. It's pretty embarrasing having that on my stream actually. Fortunately no one watches or I'd care more.

Sadly I think this is likely to have been my last project cars 2 competition. I nearly didn't enter this one. I find myself enjoying iRacing more, and the idea of being on the same team as other RSR peeps is more appealing than racing against them. To almost contradict what I said in the neutral section about supporting a move to one game (or more limited), I'm probably going to be focusing on iRacing rather than RSR cup seasons. It meets my need to plan for single events (work is being pretty unpredictable right now). I'll probably enter as a reserve driver and look to get the odd competitive race.

I'm sure I'll come back to season based racing, but probably not immediately, and very likely not in PC2.

Finally
A big thank you to both Manu and Simon who have put in some serious time with me this season. (and of course the rest of the team behind who probably were paddling under the water). Your hard work and (seemingly unlimited) patience is much appreciated.

See you on the track

Paul

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Im gonna echo some of what @UnstopaPaul has said, to a certain degree...

But firstly, a massive thank you to the admins for taking on such a big workload, in your own time to; create manage, update, steward & take part in these events across like 6 games just now.

The recent car choices have been excellent to race & battle others in having very little/ next to no downforce. With a controller, the formula's, lmp's, GT cars are quite hard to race to it's full potential & consistently.
The really close battles in these car's have inevitably led to some contact, but with these car's that's not really been so much of an issue. I think most of the front runners have had a cheeky bumper kiss from me throughout the season :oops:.
As much as everyone has slagged off PC3 with not having any pit strategy... after this season, it kind of makes sense. I mean, how often is it that you find a game some 4 years after release with such a disparity between car's in the same class, stationary. This situation was handled really well IMO. Though I still enjoyed the strategy side of it without the actual stop, using the opportunity to avoid losing time behind a group of cars, getting into some clear air to put in some fast laps to get ahead of them. This worked really well for me in almost every round.

I feel that the sheer number of tournaments, events and sims being hosted by RSR is detracting from the leagues' setup. I'd be surprised if that wasn't true of the others. PC2, AC, ACC, RF2 and presumably now AMS2 (somehow I doubt we'll be adding PC3 to that list). It's a lot of games and I think its both impressive that the team manages it, but equally could be part of the reason there are 30 signups at the beginning of the season and a half empty grid a few weeks later. When I joined I guess PC2 was in its prime and there were two full splits. I was in the second split and the goal of getting into split 1 for the next season was motivating. It's died off a bit, but there are still a lot of active members racing something on a near weekly basis (or some crazy loons doing about 4 races a week). As a personal standpoint, if the RSR admins said "we're only supporting X" I'd move to X if that meant stronger turnouts.
Paul hit the nail on the head. I can understand the desire to race the various sims as each has it's own strong point over the others. If I could, I probably would be one of the 'crazy loons' as well hehe.

General updating of race information: I'd suggest that ideally this should happen before the end of the Friday before the race. Saturday/Sunday is often the only time for some to practice
Some people probably don't care about changes to track limits being announced the day of race, and if this were limited to this season it would simply be a learning point. We've been here before though with the Clio season and after the first races there we were announcing limits at the same time as race conditions. Announcing changes to track limits on the day or even a day before is beneficial to those who have practiced extending the limits to the maximum, and detrimental to anyone still paying attention to the rules provided for our races.
Some people can adjust quickly, those "naturals", but other people have taken pains to learn their lines through painful repetition. It really frustrates me to see the limits changed late on because someone wants to chase a lap record by reinventing the track.
Abuse of track limits. It's been done to death and nothing's changing. All I'll say is that based on observation of our races very few racers in our cups would ever finish an iRacing race without disqualification, yet somehow many of them do mange exactly this feat.
It was pretty disappointing that there are still those who don't understand the difference between "during" and "after" the race. It's extremely distracting. It's pretty embarrassing having that on my stream actually. Fortunately no one watches or I'd care more.
The first point I can agree upon, though I did use the extra time messing around on the Time Trials having fun taking the top spot & pushing the boundaries of the in game track limit system. The priority though is always RL so I can understand when this sometimes gets overlooked.
Practicing with @daniel v, @Pierre CREUSEVAULT & @xIbraGiox throughout the season, I realized just how much I would push the car to the edge in terms of track limit, in every corner. Riding that curb, can the car do it happily? Was it faster? Can I maintain my cornering speed by extending the track a little onto the grass here... Racing in cockpit view has it's own drawbacks, view perspective at the start of the season as people try to figure out the width of their car. I would rely on my audio to determine if I was a little bit wide over a corner ( as I heard that satisfying, yet distinctive rumble as the tyres touched the kerb).
As for the.. disagreements over TS, I kind of enjoy having that emotion & disappointment in the stream. Though I can also say it is off putting, especially when you're fighting for your first win :eek:

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
- It's good to be back in pCARS in general. Everything's very familiar and the game runs good. Though, I hated seeing people still having random problems disconnecting for no reason. In the beginning the field was well spread out and that gave me people to race against. Though, those people were all gone due the end of the season...

- The teams concept would have been great in theory, but I chose a teammate that fit me a little too much, so that we actually never had a race in which we both participated. This made it very difficult for me to validate my setups, which is one of my main reasons to race competitively nowadays.

- I think most of the tracks had good balance between straights slaow corners and fast corners, but the dynamics of the cars made it difficult to make good use of the narrow twisty tracks.

- To my feeling cars were quite unbalanced in the end. The Mercedes was much faster on any straight, making it almost impossible to overtake in some places.

Pierre CREUSEVAULT

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I joined the Cup as the post-pandemic gave me the time to do all races, and wasn't disappointed !
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
Positive : The car/track combo : I really liked the previous Renault Cup even though we were lacking power so going on the more powerful TCRs was a big yes for me ! I was also very pleased with the consistency among drivers. I went back to the previous cups and appart from the Radical, there were lots of DNS/DNF in the Top 14, which means people were there regularly.

Neutral : The cars were good, having a DLC car was definitely a plus, even though we had that problem regarding the mandatory pits. Maybe having the news regarding each event a bit earlier would've been a plus but it wasn't critical.
  • How did you like the Team Championship?
Very good ! I think it was the first time i had a balanced team, i had a good amount of practice sessions with @xIbraGiox and were had very spicy fights with DanSlowRacing (Badum Tss)
I think our team proved consistency was key as we finished P5 in the team standings despite not having big results (we finished only six times in the Top 10)
  • How did you like the schedule?
Being in my 4th RCup now, i'm quite used to the traditional Thursday Night, and the pandemic gave me even more time to do so.
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Nope, i will just give all my thanks to the Staff once again for doing a great job :D

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As always, a huge thanks to the staff for another top quality cup management! Perfect schedule (only missed one race because of tech problems on my side) and a cup format that never disappoints! :) hats down to you guys!

Positives :
- the good laugh and friendship before and after races
- the racing was close and most of the time fair to me
- a lot of competition at the top, there were more different pretendents to a race win than before
- sprint and feature format was nice, pit strategy was fun until we found out the difference between the two cars
- silverstone we race and (surprisingly) indianapolis

Negatives :
- it is my personal opinion, I'm not being ungrateful for a good cup, but I think the car/track choice was poor. The problem I have is that FWD cars are not fun to drive and the tracks were not well suited, they killed the tyres every race but there was really nothing that you could do with your driving to avoid that. It makes the driving experience just unpleasant. With the cup before being a huge success, I had hoped we would drive a RWD car, just more modern than the 190e (modern tyres and brakes would have been a good evolution). It is one of the reasons I was less motivated to practice and just come before the race to have good fun but not interested in competition. Every single cup now except the radical one (which was incredibly awesome) we have to drive overcooked tyres on most tracks of the calendar. I wish to see a good balance throughout the season to have tracks were the tyres are in their window, too cold so you have to work them hard or just too hot so you have to nurse them. It would be awesome in my opinion and would require some skills.

Suggestions :
- I don't wanna see pcars 2 dead yet so I 'd be up for as many seasons you want :)
- can we drive the road porsche GT3? No setup, no fuss and a great driving experience !
- as discussed above, more energy into finding the right track conditions for balanced tyre behaviour and 2 wet races per season :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'd be game for the megane v6 beast as an evolution from TC @Taorminator :pompous:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well what can i say...

Id of liked to participate in all events and the rate this dam virus was going i would of but alas this thing called work got back on track and i was lost to it. Id firstly like to thank @FuBii for being my team mate and providing half the feild with you demon setups lol. Didnt help us out tho lol..

Anyway a littel of track there..(ohh bit like most of my races off track lol)

Really enjoyed the few races i took part in FWD allways gets my attention and throw in TCR and im hooked. I couldnt belive the pace of soom people who i thought were mildly slower than me WOW.altho i found i can run with the big boys and be pretty dam quick myself. I mean what you expect its touring cars just ashame i didnt put in more practice could of been a contender here lol.
Sorry im getting off point again.

Good points.
Car choice spot on.
Caliber of driving WOW.
Close racing.
Some of the tracks were great for close racing.
People racing.
2 races was good(id of rather 3 20min races than one 40min tbh)

Bad points
Some tracks were dog p...
Lack of people turning up(myself included)
Race days.. (fell mostly on days i was working)
An well thb thats all i can think of tbh.

Big thanks to staff for doing it.

Whats next.
Tbh id like to see more close racing an i belive the slower cars give it so for me id say anything up to a gt4 would be good
Track choice again mostly good on tracks just 1 or 2 i wouldnt like to see
Bit more variation in weather
More people turning up.
Race dates to suit ME lol(i know its for the masses not the few)
Id like to see pcars go as long as it can its not completely dead just yet it has more to offer us im sure..

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Positives
-Car that’s slow enough and easy to pick up to allow for good racing throughout the field.
-Some really good clean close racing in the few that I managed.

Neutral
-Personally would rather a car that isn’t all about tyre management.

Negatives
-PC2, why I gave up on this in the end, not being able to connect and disconnecting is just frustrating.
-Pit stops, just don’t add anything for me I’d rather not do them in a sprint race (and made far worse by PC2 difficulty in changing tyres/random time per car etc.).
-Complaints about driving standards/hostility on TS and protests etc. To me this series lacked the friendly atmosphere that the Minis had, the driving was much the same in both (ie. close and fair with the odd bit of contact) but the chat and protests tainted it a bit. Live and let live...

Future
-AMS2! Seems to have the best bits of PCars2 without the connection problems that I’ve been getting in PC2 recently plus better physics. Hopefully there’ll be some good racing ahead :)

Users who are viewing this thread