Assetto Corsa Competizione Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Given the choice, which class would you race next season?

• Total voters

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Blancpain Challenge - Season 3 (by PRD & RSR). Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • Which car would you like to drive for future seasons?
  • How did you like the schedule?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Positive: overall good atmosphere, everyone had someone to fight against, different levels of driver strength. Good track selection. Good format.

Negative: the decrease in participants over the course of the season is always expected.
What i do not expect is having so many drivers that registered and didn't even bother to join a single race, including RSR Admin's and we haven't heard a single word from them (even if they did through private channels that does not give any visibility to the rest of the field).
I would probably have a few more words about that, but let's leave it here.
Other negative is what i perceive a lack of enthusiasm or build-up. Cmon guys its a championship, it's what we love to do, racing. I always feel pumped for league racing!

GT4's. There is not a lot of GT4 competitions out there. I do prefer the GT3's but, i would like to race a bit more in GT4's.
It's perfect for me. Was unlucky i couldn't join 2 races.
I would suggest a kind of 'wheel of possible weather setups' to be ran a week before the race to determine what possible weather we are getting.
Something like 10 different possible weather setups with stacked odds to dry, something like:
3x 100% dry
2x 20% wet / 80% dry chance
2x 40% wet / 60% dry chance
1x 60% wet / 40% dry chance
1x 80% wet / 20% dry chance
1x 100% wet
Something like that. Would make things more 'plausible' :).

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Although the pre-season event was a bit chaos, I can't recall an event after that where driving standards were bad. I think they were actually great mostly, and that made for a good atmosphere. I got the impression people were a bit calmer than some of our previous leagues.​
I think ACC is now the go-to league game at this stage. It just feels like it, being so focused, is doing everything right. Don't know what that implies in a smaller leisure-driven community (compared to RCI, SimGrid etc) and if it matches the general requirements of our racing, but I can say this is the most I've enjoyed racing in a while. Some time last year racing took a bit of a back seat, and I've struggled to get going again, but I think this ACC league has got me going again.​
GT3s. There are so many cars to still try. Some day I'll need to have a go in the Porsche, Nissan, Lexus, Lambo as well. Then there is the Merc, the Boat, NSX... And we need to try some lesser driven tracks like Hungaroring. Would have loved to see Kyalami as well, seeing as until recently it hasn't been included as an option for sim racing.​
I would love to do GT4s as well, but probably not before the DLC price comes down a bit. Seems there is a regional pricing mix-up that won't be resolved, steam sale is probably best bet.​
Mixed class would be cool though. Don't know if we will have enough participants, but that would be cooool.​
I think there should be more options for weekend driving. I don't really know if it is specifically not done due to iracing/rfactor, but having a weekend race is nice.​
Don't know if this is scheduling, but the race lengths were just about right as well.
Edit: I also really like once every two weeks. It just makes it easier to negotiate availability with others in the house.​
Thanks to @Ricardo Macieira and @Battenberg for committing to every race, having everything running, practice server running, even with dwindling attendance. Admin commitment at RSR is brilliant.​
@hinesy32 was a brilliant teammate, and it was really cool having a teammate of equal pace, with respect. Great season.​
Thank you to everyone I raced against, I hope I wasn't ever the reason for a few select curses on your end.​

Last edited:

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I sadly only took part in 1.25 races so I can't really judge the whole season. But so far I didn't see any problems.

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Pros:
  • Great competition in general - fair racing all the time
  • Good track choice, although I hate-love Bathurst because it's so hard to get right
  • Great schedule - plenty of time for preparation between the races and to also focus on other stuff in the meantime
Cons:
  • The never ending struggle with people signing up, but not showing up (without notice). I mean, one can miss a race or two, I am no execption there, but man this was again really bad this season.
41 signups + 9 reserves
Participation: 31 - 26 - 24 - 24 - 22 - 14
6 people not showing up for a single race - in my opinion that's a proper disrespect against the organizers and the fellow participants.

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have done this sooner. I don't have a huge amount to add...

Positives:
- ACC in GT3 cars, exactly what I was after!
- Track choice. Great to have a poll for 2 of the tracks. I was rooting for Kyalami, but maybe next season :p
- Great driving overall. Respect on track was mostly good apart from a few incidents. There always seemed to be someone at my pace.

Neutrals:
- The schedule was fine for me. 6 rounds is good, and the weekend racing was nice. Always good to occupy a Sunday night with some sim racing before a weeks work!

Negatives:
- Well, it's the same old problem. I was really excited after the pre-season race and the big sign up list. But I should have known what would happen. I just can't figure it out. Why do so many sign up and we end up losing so many here? Some have real reasons and end up not being able to race, but then to say you will race, do no races, and don't notify the community? Odd. Other places are putting on multiple tiers because of numbers. I think without the PRD guys, we probably would have postponed/cancelled one or two rounds.

StubbornGymnast

Community Member
Reaction score
Only thing to add is like mentioned before, the commitment. We started with 41 at monza and i thought it was a blast but numbers dwindled more and more... i don't understand that you sign up for a championship and then miss so many rounds or don't even drop a message... Thats just a lack of deceny and respect for the organizers and the league itself.

T.rev.1

RSR Academy
Reaction score
@BlancpainChallenge3 That's a wrap! Please leave all your feedback for the season here, as well as any suggestions on how we can improve. Let's keep it constructive. Please also complete the poll, as this will help us choose if we run GT3 or GT4 next season - or both...

Pros:
  • Thanks Admins for organisation. Great Job.
  • Enjoyed all the tracks and the racing, looking forward to the next round.
  • The schedule and timing also good and manageable which as stated allows for participations in other races.
Cons:
  • The big sign up looked promising however the no shows was somewhat of letdown.
  • As stated before people not showing for a single race.
Congratulations to the overall winner, along with those on the other 2 Podium spots.
Once again thanks Admins.

Users who are viewing this thread