Assetto Corsa Competizione Feedback Thread (1 Viewer)

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

This is the feedback thread for the Blancpain Challenge - Season 4 (by RSR & PRD). Specific feedback that we are looking for includes the following:-
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
  • How did you like the schedule?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

RdMracer

Community Member
Reaction score
In general, very good from the RSR organisation.

The schedule was ok, even though it took me a while to have the DLC and have everything in place before starting the season.
I found the rhythm a bit off, with sometimes 2 and sometimes 3 weeks between the races. It was difficult to remember if it was a race weekend or not.

In the end, the cold weather wasn't in my favor because the Porsche really didn't handle it. I had trouble balancing heat and wear in the front every race.

I essentially have more feedback for the devs of ACC than the organisation of the series...

I think, like ACC, this is one of the games you need an engineering degree for (in VR at least).
It's very complex, and thus there is a ton to go wrong.
This isn't helped by the short time between sessions, especially on the starting grid. Which bit me in the butt multiple times.

The weather prediction system is just plain shit. I understand that there might be some rain with the odds at 3%. But the way we got it it's just not how weather predictions work. If you're going to have several mm of water, it just needs to show clearer in the UI.

All things considered, it was a tough season. But the moments when actually figting for position were worth it.

Last edited:

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The schedule was spot on. The circuits were well suited for the cars.
The 90 min duration was a little too much for me. I often lose focus in the last 15 min.
60 min would be perfect, with 1 or 2 endurance races (90 min)
The mandatory pit stop is a must have. It creates great strategy options if you stuck in a battle.

I hope we'll wait with next season until the British GT DLC arrives. I would like to drive on the best tracks in the world, what are located in the UK. Donington, Oulton Park, Brands Hatch...
Also would like to participate in a multiclass championship (GT3s and GT4s together)

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I ve enjoyed the most of this season, the calendar was perfect without any conflict with other championship.
The GT4 class allow more close racing and this made this season really entertaining, there were many cars around most of the time.
Weather was not so bad, at least i can now race on a flooded track; and the Kyalami race was a blast in the wet.
Race lenght is ok for me, more would maybe be too much but i wouldn't be against a 2,4H race with 10x time multiplier for a 24h event.
20201201224412_1.jpg

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
  • Positive, negative, neutral feedback, whatever comes to your mind!
I am very satisfied with ACC championship being organized by RSR. Last year of RSR Assetto Corsa give me another reason to continue driving after being disappointed in Project Cars 2, but ACC raised up to a whole new level of feeling the car
  • How did you like the schedule?
Sunday night is a perfect day for racing
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Just for ACC VR video settings: I don't know why they (Kunos) can't polish so much blurriness in VR. When I go to iRacing after driving ACC, is like I don't have VR on my head, so clear image.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Even though I struggled to race those I normally race, my pace being a bit off in the GT4s, it doesn't detract from a class that really is fun to drive and race. I'm very happy I could take part in this series.

Organization was, again, superb.

Racing was generally clean and well mannered. Having done some team events outside of RSR, we are definitely spoiled by the general mindset of racers here. It's not hard-but-fair, it is fair-and-fun.

Schedule was very good. Sunday evenings really work well. Especially the one-on-one-off scheduling.

Other than that, our numbers were a bit reduced starting the season, but in terms of continuity this was definitely one of the better series.

Thanks to everyone I raced against. Great season.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Overall, great season! I was a bit nervous about the GT4s, but it has produced some great racing.

Positives:

Schedule was good, I like the Sunday evenings and every other week. I did get confused one week and wondered why nobody was on the server......
Clean racing from everyone overall. Keep this up! TS was nice and quiet during the racing which is nice.

Neutral/Negatives:

Maybe the numbers could have been better, but actually it worked out okay. There was always someone around my pace to go to battle with. The weather predictions also seemed a bit off at times..... :p

So, great season overall and really looking forward to another season whenever it happens. The UK tracks would make a great season

TonyR

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for organizing the whole thing. I can't remember a league running so smoothly (ofcourse also because of ACC giving us so few technical issues).

I liked the racing in general but for me the races are much too long (mentally but also physically, I'm over 30 now dang) and I do like GT3s more.
I'd prefer a 45min race or 2 30min sprint races for the future.

Have a merry christmas everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread