Project CARS 2 Ferrari Challenge - R1: Mugello (1 Viewer)

Ferrari Challenge - R1: Mugello
Posted by m4nu
Project CARS 2
Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
mini-league-round-1-banner.jpg

Car: Ferrari 488 Challenge
Track: Mugello GP
Gentlemen's Agreement: Default Setup
- You are permitted to use either default 'Stable Circuit' or 'Loose Circuit' setup.
- You are permitted to change the steering ratio
- You are permitted to change the fuel level

Race Day: Thursday 10th January 2019
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:40 UTC - Qualifying 1
19:55 UTC - Race 1
20:30 UTC - Qualifying 2
20:45 UTC - Race 2

General
In-game Date:
Time Progression:
Weather Progression:

Qualifying
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race
Duration:
Start Time:
Weather Forecast:

Race 1
10th March 2019
Real Time
Real Time

15 mins
08:00
Light Cloud

5 + 30 mins
09:00
Light Cloud
Race 2
10th March 2019
Real Time
Real Time

15 mins
14:00
Medium Cloud

5 + 30 mins
15:00
Medium Cloud
Starting Procedure
Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

[Tracklayout]

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Confirmed No-Shows
@Nakor
@Ulti
@Eugene Gajkin

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't race the 3 other races, but if there is a spot free and I'm back on time from my Shanghai flight, I will try to participate in this race (if that's allowed without a general sign-up for the rest of the races ;-) )

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't race the 3 other races, but if there is a spot free and I'm back on time from my Shanghai flight, I will try to participate in this race (if that's allowed without a general sign-up for the rest of the races ;-) )

For you always :)

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Unfortunatly i wont be able to make this race of the series.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
New car and new track for me...so I won't set my expectations too high.
Mugello.PNG

EDIT: wrong car :banghead:... so ignore the vid..
Found this video on youtube, maybe it can be of any help to others in the same situation. Setup part can be ignored of course.

Last edited:

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Found this video on youtube, maybe it can be of any help to others in the same situation. Setup part can be ignored of course.

That's a different car (GTE variant) and I'm pretty sure he's driving with a controller :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
New car and new track for me...so I won't set my expectations too high.
View attachment 5764
That lap was done in about 15 minutes or so (you'll have to ask @Raigore as it wound him up something rotten :D)

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
That lap was done in about 15 minutes or so (you'll have to ask @Raigore as it wound him up something rotten :D)
Your 15 minutes will take me 15 days, probably more :) So hopefully @Raigore or someone else has a decent vid of a fast lap so I can learn from that.

@fab. ICEMAN I should have noticed I selected a wrong video... from what I remember driving the 488 challenge long time ago.. you need to shift up gears pretty fast.

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll record a lap when I do some more practice. Don't repeat my silly mistake of using auto clutch in these cars, best tipp I can give you right now. For Mugello I was using the loose setup. Try to be very smoth on throttle, shortshifting can also help alot. Its easier to controll the car when you are in the lower rev range. And always open up the stearing before going on throttle. Personally I set TC to 0.14 so the TC doesnt interfere when youre going over curbs on the exit (specially in the first sector). Hope that does help a bit for now.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'll record a lap when I do some more practice. Don't repeat my silly mistake of using auto clutch in these cars, best tipp I can give you right now. For Mugello I was using the loose setup. Try to be very smoth on throttle, shortshifting can also help alot. Its easier to controll the car when you are in the lower rev range. And always open up the stearing before going on throttle. Personally I set TC to 0.14 so the TC doesnt interfere when youre going over curbs on the exit (specially in the first sector). Hope that does help a bit for now.

I assume that I will have to adjust TC (traction control) in the in car management system (ICM) and not in the setup menu, for otherwise it's no longer default setup ?

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Did my first test with this combo and it gave me a smile from ear to ear :)
Don't know if I will be able to stay concentrated :wideyed: long enough to bring this car to the finish of the race, but fully concentrated it is great fun to drive :woot::woot::woot:

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I assume that I will have to adjust TC (traction control) in the in car management system (ICM) and not in the setup menu, for otherwise it's no longer default setup ?
Everything you can change in the ICM you can also change in the setup, you'll have to change fuel level anyway. We are not using the ingame "force default" option, because some people might have to change steering ratio.

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Everything you can change in the ICM you can also change in the setup, you'll have to change fuel level anyway. We are not using the ingame "force default" option, because some people might have to change steering ratio.
Surely need to adjust the steering ratio to a much lower setting to make it driveable. Didn't touch TC yet, car is rather tricky on the kerbs, also and especially under braking. Did a 1:49.356 yesterday ... took me 2 hours to get there instead of 15 Cluck minutes though :wacky:. But a 1:48 or lower should be possible once I get more familiar with the track. Have it all under control, except for Arrabbiata 1 and 2 (corner 8 & 9), still haven't figured out the correct way of braking, shifting and accellerating. But maybe that is a good thing :happy: ->

Mario Andretti quote:
“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”

Mugello .png

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry I have to drop out this one.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi all. We are busy sleep-training our baby daughter. I am a bit of a zombie. I don't want to make the call that I won't be attending tonight, it depends on if I can concentrate and drive safely, but if any reserves plan on attending and the lobby is full I'll give up my place. (I guess that means please put me as the lowest reserve)

I'm excited about racing again though and will do all I can to be there! Probably looking at some backmarker fun cause this car is weeeeird, struggling to get the hang of it (practiced a bit last week).

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Useful track guide for those still struggling with the correct racing line. Seems I'm still improving, already figured out the correct racing line myself, which is exactly the same :)

Nopey

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
It's my first race on RSR tonight, looking forward to it - Go easy on me! :nailbiting:

Also, what's the score with TeamSpeak?
Never used it before, is there a guide on here anywhere?
Will someone put a post up with server details closer to the time?
Questions!

Cheers :woot:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread