• IMPORTANT: Please visit the setting Connected Accounts and associate Discord
    with your forum account, to mirror your permssions. Thank you in advance! :)

PC2 Ferrari Challenge - R1: Mugello (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak Superman

Reactions
Steam
View
Date: 01/10/2019
Event: Ferrari Challenge
Members Involved: @Sonic
Description:
@Sonic rejoin the track unsafely on straight after turn 9. He never called out he spin in middle of track. And he rejoin right in front of me. I had nowhere to go because I had someone beside me on my left.
Evidence:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reactions

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reactions
Final chance @Sonic. This case will be moved to stewards shortly

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reactions
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reactions
The Stewards have completed their enquiries and are issuing @Sonic with A Disqualification from this event and a Qualifying Ban from the next round he competes in, with 3 Penalty Points added to his Racing License.

The Stewards took a very dim view of Sonic's attempt to recover from the initial incident. Drivers must only rejoin the circuit when there is a clear space to rejoin and must rejoin in the safest possible way. Using TeamSpeak, with the information you have on-screen (eg. Relative Box, Track Map), you can alert other drivers to the potential danger and then wait for sufficient track space to become available before you attempt to rejoin. Although the initial incident was minor, it was Sonic's direct actions that resulted in the subsequent incidents, all of which were completely avoidable.

Drivers are reminded of their responsibilities when rejoining the circuit, as per Articles 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 of our Driving Standards:

2.1.1 - Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may rejoin but only when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.
2.1.2 - If you do go wider than expected and leave the track, you must allow any following cars to pass before re-joining. You may not block a car by returning to the track prematurely unless they have clearly indicated that you have the room to do so (eg. moving clearly out of your way).

Finally, Should you be involved in future cases, it is recommended you provide us with your version of events.

Closed for further comments. @Freak Superman @Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)