PC2 Resolved Ferrari Challenge - R3 Imola - Race 2 - First Corner Second lap dive (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corentin_Bergès

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 24/01/2019
Event: Ferrari Challenge - R3 Imola
Member Involved: @ovivoJR @Elodyr @Corentin_Bergès
Replay Timestamp / Lap: first corner second lap
Description: First corner second lap, due to slipstream, @ovivoJR who i passed in the previous lap was carrying more speed than me down to the long straight, i braked as late as i could to stay in front, however @ovivoJR braked far too late, in my opinion that was a divebomb, i saw it and had no other choice but to go straight and make the turn one he had passed in front, however he was very slow, and spun with two wheels on the grass, my car was still not stable and i lost it too having lift the throttle (edit : ) not to ram him in the back.
I then made an uncontrollable come back to the track, hitting @Elodyr and sending him to the wall on the other side, with Eugene Flerko miraculeously avoiding me.
All that, for me, was the consequence of this avoidable dive. Futhermore, i did not like that @ovivoJR didn't ask if he had to wait or not, knowing that i lifted on the lap before, not knowing if his half spin was his own fault or a lag from my part.
I suffered little aero damage but more important suspension damage which basically made me lose the car in the wall in the same lap.
@Elodyr also suffered damage from that contact.
Evidence:

My replay :

Ovivo's replay :

I'm really unsure if this should be called a race accident or not. I was quite angry afterwards, given that almost ruined my race (had definitly pace and consistency for finally nailing podium, finishing like insecond lap was a big frustration.
However, no hard feeling towards @ovivoJR, and a big sorry to @Elodyr.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

ovivoJR

Reaction score
Steam
View
Thanks for bringing this up as I would also like to have this clarified. So from my perspective I followed Corentin in his slipstream and broke to late which I immediatly realised once I stepped on the breakes (to my defense, I had aero dmg the whole first race so it was the first time for me following somebody with full speed (I know that I should have been more careful, but just as an explanation why I was so surprised)). You can see how I was struggling to slow down the car in time to not run over the gravel. I was quite surprised that I still managed to keep it on the track. Also due to @Corentin_Bergès avoiding hitting me because he noticed that I broke to late (good awareness =)). So after barely keeping the car inside the white lines I wanted to go over the curb for the next turn. Unfortunately I spun. As I come back onto the track I see a crash, which at that moment I though were the cars behind us. I thought @Corentin_Bergès was still in 3rd place. When I followed Eugene on the straight after the crash I saw a car infront with a C at the beginning. So I further thought that @Corentin_Bergès was infront. It actually was CatchaGlimps. Thats why I didnt´t asked if I hit him (and because I felt no contact with any other car). I just interpretated the situation wrong in that chaotic moment.

In the end though I think I cannot be blamed for @Corentin_Bergès his crash with Elodyr. I know it was a very/too late braking maneuver. But I kept the car inside the lines. I did not have any contact with him during or after the maneuver. That he unfortunately spun because he lifted is not in my hands. I felt no contact or anything. That @Corentin_Bergès has a crash with Elodyr is very unfortunate for him.

Here is my footage while driving:

So I hope the stewards can clear the situation if it was a racing incident or not. Still I want to apologise to @Corentin_Bergès to have influenced his race in this matter. I was also hoping for a better result. Sorry.

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
@Corentin_Bergès the link to your replay appears to be incorrect, could i please request you correct this or provide us with footage from your replay of the incident. Thank you

Corentin_Bergès

Reaction score
Steam
View
@Corentin_Bergès the link to your replay appears to be incorrect, could i please request you correct this or provide us with footage from your replay of the incident. Thank you
That's weird, because on my computer i see it correctly, but not on my phone...is it better now ?

Elodyr

Reaction score
Steam
View
I was quite a bit behind the 2 of them with CatchAGlimpse in between us at the initial contact. The collision between Corentin and me comes down to my own error. I saw that he spun out and that the car doesn't look stable at all. I ultimately didn't slow down in any way to account for it and the moment I wanted to turn in I knew I fucked up ^^. I could've completely avoided the 2nd part of the incident if I just went on the brake for a bit.

Corentin already said that I got slight damage in this incident which obviously affected my race besides the direct loss of time. but as stated earlier I think the 2nd incident between Corentin and myself happened mostly due to my impatience.

Here you can see my view of it all:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)