Project CARS 2 Ferrari Challenge - R3: Imola (1 Viewer)

Ferrari Challenge - R3: Imola
Posted by Raigore
Project CARS 2
Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 21:30
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not happy at all with my race results..15th and 13th. Never came close to a 1:45…not to speak of a 1:42 which I managed once during practice :(

Network issues
Got kicked of the server during previous race so did some network trouble-shooting before this race. But starting in optional practice, I got kicked out 3 times :banghead: Took some time to solve the issue but once I moved my cable from router port 1 to router port 2 all was ok. In the meantime I noticed it was awfully quiet in TeamSpeak and I totally missed the driver briefing…

TeamSpeak issues
TeamSpeak showed my mic and headphone active… but I didn’t hear anything. Once I moved the TeamSpeak window to the front, I noticed a lot of people complaining…hearing me breathing. For some reason, my mic and headphone swapped from headset to Rift? No clue what caused this, I never changed any settings nor ran a Rift or TeamSpeak update. Once I fixed this, the first quali was already ongoing for 5 minutes…..

Very irritating problems which made me pretty nervous…which isn’t any good that close before the start of the race. Strange thing is that I never had any problems whatsoever during the complete Revolution Cup 5 season.

Brake mark
Didn't know I had a brake mark for Variante Tamburello... I sort of picked a spot in my view based on my surroundings... after the first lap in race 1, I noticed I used the billboards on the right side of the track to determine that point.. Unfortunately the billboards were gone after the race start so I totally missed my braking point and the corner... and it took me quite a few laps to find me a new braking point and get in my flow :rolleyes:

Choose your battles
During the race I practised some defending against faster drivers…I think it were @Corentin_Bergès and @Eugene Flerko. Totally against my tactics because it doesn’t make any sense. The faster driver will pass me in the end anyhow and defending drops lap times for both. This also means that you are not closing in on slower or equal drivers in front of you. So for next race I will stick to my tactics and give room to faster drivers behind me…. depending on whether I think they are faster, equal or slower.

Dive-bombing
In race 2 I was surprised to find @Nada in front of me. I remind me thinking … ‘What the hell is Nada doing in front of me? He should be top 5 or something’. Seems he had some aero or suspension damage, braking very early and sometimes almost losing his car. At some point, based on the lines he drove, I thought he was trying to give me room to pass him… my mistake.
I was very close behind him and having a car closing in behind me, approaching corner 14, Rivazza – second last corner before the straight. I was surprised by his early braking, which I shouldn’t have been because based on the previous lap I should have expected it… I hit the brakes very hard, causing me losing the back of the car and made me look like a total noob because I sort of dive-bombed into the corner hitting Nada in the side. Totally my bad and my excuses for this incident, luckily without any negative consequences for Nada as far as I could judge the situation…but definitely a steward room issue if I caused any damage or would have made him crash.

Next race
For Monza I will set my goals ridiculously high… aiming to finish top 10 in at least one of the races. And hoping not having any technical issues so I will be relaxed, assertive and focussed on quali and race only. See you all next round!

ps: Also hope that @Puffpirat will make it the next race... because watching the battle between @ProjectPD and @fab. ICEMAN during 2nd race I think he must be very sorry that he had to miss this one. This was ultra-close sim racing at its best. I almost stopped my car to watch them battling from the track side standing in awe.

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cheers for the flowers but I hate the car so I would probably watch that battle from trackside too ;)

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the gene, but I made the first race by braking continuously. I realized the problem at the 2nd qualification. After having recalibrated my brake pedal (Fanatec v3i), the problem reappeared in the race. And also when I was 5th with 7 seconds in advance, there was a freeze and I lost 5 seconds.
In the future if you see my brake lights in full right line do not hesitate to warn me, thank you.

Last edited:

The Breeze

Social Media
RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cheers for the flowers but I hate the car so I would probably watch that battle from trackside too ;)
Well the car was crap during first 2 rounds, but surprisingly good to handle on Imola... haven't tried Monza yet though

Eugene Flerko

Community Member
Reaction score
For some reason, my mic and headphone swapped from headset to Rift? No clue what caused this, I never changed any settings nor ran a Rift or TeamSpeak update.
Recent Windows update to blame!

Users who are viewing this thread