Project CARS 2 FFB Clipping (1 Viewer)

UberMongo

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

Have noticed a few times now that when we race the Ginetta Juniors, I am getting alot of clipping to the FFB and once past 45-60' degrees of turning my wheel one way or the other, I feel a hard snap/release of force through the wheel. I havent experienced this in the other cars yet

My wheel is set up for 900's full rotation and I am currently using custom FFB profile that I got off of Race Department website. This generally works really well for me

Any tips of settings in game that i can adjust to stop this, as I play in VR you really rely on the FFB to tell you what your limits are and I just judge it at all with this car?

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The Ginettas FFB for whatever reason is really bad beyond a certain point. I can’t get it dialed in either but as Hujkis posted Jacks files are great for improving the FFB.

SteveO916

Community Member
Reaction score
try turning the Tone up and the FX down.

also if you get a lot of rattling in the centre you may need to put a steering deadzone of 1 to cure that, but then the steering is vague as you start to turn.(this is more a Logitech thing tho')

when the wheels are turned at an angle some of the ffb you feel is them scrubbing across the track, the sudden release of ffb might be the tyres "letting go"
adjusting the toe and camber can alter this (but that won't help you in fixed setup races.)

Last edited:

UberMongo

Community Member
Reaction score
thanks i used to always use his FFB settings but have recently been on the other persons setups that becazme available on Race Department. I retry Jacks and try it again.

Thanks

Jaco P.

Community Member
Reaction score
Today I've tried these custom Jack Spade FFB files for the first time and man...these make a hell of a difference (in a good way of course). Now the Ginetta really feels and handles like a real car :)
Really can't say enough how much better the FFB feels now..

Tried "ffb_custom_settings - alt mid comp SopDiff" file. Using G27. Do you recommend any better option?

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think “better” is very personal here :) low/mid/high comp depends on the wheel. I’ve been using the standard files but might switch to the alt, because they remove the artificial road noise.

Users who are viewing this thread