Project CARS 2 FPS issues with 1080ti (1 Viewer)

wolfman

Community Member
Reaction score
well im trying to play the game on pcars 2 but for some reason my gtx1080TI SC GPU led light starts blinking on start up and once i get into the game led light go's dim and once i hit the track it lags a bit yet im getting 130 FPS across 3 monitors

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
well im trying to play the game on pcars 2 but for some reason my gtx1080TI SC GPU led light starts blinking on start up and once i get into the game led light go's dim and once i hit the track it lags a bit yet im getting 130 FPS across 3 monitors
Hmm, interesting you said this. I've got an EVGA SC2 1080Ti and I got some game crashed last night that at the moment I'm putting down to graphics crashes. The game freezes the picture, but the car is still driving as I can hear it and still input to the controls. It did it 3 times last night both on offline and online. I'd put a mild overclock on the GPU, it's watercooled so all temps and load looked fine, but I removed the overclock and then had the rest of the night crash free. I had experienced some stutters other nights but not last night. I'm running nVidia Surround with triple screen config in game. My graphics are mostly high, with only the car and track on ultra, so not trying to max out too much.

G

Gopher04

I don't think the game is optimized for sure, the fps is way to low, also I done a test running everything maxed out, and then turned everything down to there lowest setting, and there was no difference in the fps what so ever..And the biggest thing for me if I get stuttering or lower fps so down in the 40's, is any track with alot of tree's, yeh i know these are 3d tree's and look good, but that's a few tracks I can't run on.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I don't think the game is optimized for sure, the fps is way to low, also I done a test running everything maxed out, and then turned everything down to there lowest setting, and there was no difference in the fps what so ever..And the biggest thing for me if I get stuttering or lower fps so down in the 40's, is any track with alot of tree's, yeh i know these are 3d tree's and look good, but that's a few tracks I can't run on.

No, something's fishy then. Because I can run solid 90 fps @1440 with my GTX1080.

Settings:
Texture: High
AF16x
AA: MSAA low
Refllections: Medium
EnVMag: Medium
Car detail: Ultra
Track detail: Ultra
Shadow: High
Motion blur: Off
Detailed grass: Medium
Particle level: High
patricle density: medium
detailed mirror: yes

I know you have a 1070 but is shouldn't be THAT slow.

G

Gopher04

AA: MSAA low

Well that would be 1 good reason, if used just this setting, I wouldn't drive, there would be no enjoyment out of looking at shimmering objects and jaggies all the time, it's only PC2 that I have these bad fps on.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that would be 1 good reason, if used just this setting, I wouldn't drive, there would be no enjoyment out of looking at shimmering objects and jaggies all the time, it's only PC2 that I have these bad fps on.
Well, before I got my 1440p monitor I ran 1080p with Supersampling: Medium and FXAA low.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
I got some game crashed last night that at the moment I'm putting down to graphics crashes. The game freezes the picture, but the car is still driving as I can hear it and still input to the controls. It did it 3 times last night both on offline and online.

Interesting this is, I have the same type of issue when I restart a session, when doing a solo practice or something, don't have the TI but just a plain 1080.

G

Gopher04

Got it in to the mid 80's to mid 90's, so a improvement, yeh I can hit 160fps if I want just by using MSAA and no SS, but then it looks the graphics come from a Gameboy..

wolfman

Community Member
Reaction score
hey guys well i feel bad but kinda glad im not the only one with issues.. its funny that i can play gta5, pcars1, ats, ets, the division, assetto corsa all on max graphics and the GPU led stays stable like it should, yet on pcars2 i cant get it to run right..

wolfman

Community Member
Reaction score
ok so i have a update i got it to work smooth for the time being i un-installed Pcars2 from steam then un-installed the Nvidia Geforce experience. re-installed the Geforce exp as a clean install, made sure all the drivers were up to date and installed correctly then re-installed Pcars with steam, applied the EVGA OC software with KBoost.. restarted the PC, ran the car and it seems to be work just fine.. NOTE the GPU led still blinks but at a much faster rate and stays bright once the car gets into the menu... hope this helps if anyone comes across this issue

D

DevilDriver

I got the Asus Strix 1080ti OC. Can't complain about any problems, in any settings I choose.

But what causes sometimes Problems is that the GeForce Experience is going into the Gamefiles of a particular Game and changes settings there.
In some Games this causes massive Problems, sometimes beyond repair.
Than you can only uninstall the Game and install it again.

I highly recommend to uninstall the GeForce Experience. You can download the new Drivers yourself without any Problems from their site.

On a side note, Nvidia is using their Experience App for the main purpose of gathering information.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You can tell GE to not automatically change your gfx settings.

And re pc2 is badly optimized, that's just plain wrong. Just looking at it from a VR perspective it tu s better than pc1 while also looking better. I can run much higher settings now compared to pc1.

Users who are viewing this thread