Assetto Corsa General Chat (1 Viewer)

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
Youll find the mirrors near the rear wheel arches there a cross looking thing also youll se two bigish circles near the rear they are were the badges go..
Post automatically merged:

Quick question.. Regarding reserve drivers.. Will reserve drivers drive for the team missing a driver or will they be classed as independent.. Im going go miss a couple of races so could i get a reserve driver to step in for the team.???
Thank you!

Also if anyone know, can we make a little skin for our reserve driver team?

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

Also if anyone know, can we make a little skin for our reserve driver team?

Yes. :)

Everyone is free to make a livery for their team. :)

CrisBCros

Community Member
Reaction score
Will there be commented live streams?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
For season 1 i dont think so :(
Do you guys at RSR have at least a YouTube channel? Because despite the fact races can't be streamed, why not a TOP 5 actions of each races this season?

That way, skins use will be more usefull, and this can bring more visibility to the league!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Do you guys at RSR have at least a YouTube channel? Because despite the fact races can't be streamed, why not a TOP 5 actions of each races this season?

That way, skins use will be more usefull, and this can bring more visibility to the league!
If im correct we gonna have highlight videos

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I watched back the Mugello race replay and I noticed something. If somebody get one of the pit boxes at the entrance of the pit, he has to brake before the game slows him down automatically to properly slow down for his place . So I think this is a disadvantage for them

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
I watched back the Mugello race replay and I noticed something. If somebody get one of the pit boxes at the entrance of the pit, he has to brake before the game slows him down automatically to properly slow down for his place . So I think this is a disadvantage for them
Yes, i can agree, i was in the first pit box and i think i lost a position because of that. I didn't said it because i didn't care about this problem but some other drivers might be in this situation in the future so yes, thanks David for lightning this situation! :)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think this disadvantage is highly depending on the track we are racing on. I don't think there are much of these high speed pit entrances like in mugello. For example look at Spa, the entrance is so tight you can't go much above 100kph there before the entrance.
But you still have a point and I can see this easily fixed. Why don't we have penalties for speeding in the pitlane on in PLP? It would erase the possible disadvantage and even more important (at least for me) would add some more realism and some kind of challenge or possibilities to find some time by getting the braking right @Noztra @t0daY @Ricardo Macieira

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
I have exact same screen just different locations but imo the data is needed

I have like two apps on my screen. :)

But maybe I should enable those apps you guys are using, since you are faster than me. :p
Post automatically merged:

There was a change of at least a 1 percent while i was in the pits which is massive when you think 95 is a green track.

Just for info, it takes 296 laps for the track to improve 1%, so what you are saying aren't possible.

If 36 drives does an out lap and a quali lap, that is 72 laps. that is a difference of around 0,2% track grip between the first guy on track and the last guy. Could that be an advantage to qualify last? Yes defiantly, but we are talking about marginal performance increase and like I said in another post. This time you where in the front groups, next time you might be in the last groups. Its the same for everyone. :)

Last edited:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Just for info, it takes 296 laps for the track to improve 1%, so what you are saying aren't possible.
That is not what we saw in Mugello Quali. In the end the app said 97%. There musst be an misunderstanding, I think there is another faktor that speeds up grip improvment. As I did an offline track day Session with 1 AI within about 10-12 laps that I did (it wasn't a long Session) I started at 98% and made it to 100% with some very noticable pace differece.

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
That is not what we saw in Mugello Quali. In the end the app said 97%. There musst be an misunderstanding, I think there is another faktor that speeds up grip improvment. As I did an offline track day Session with 1 AI within about 10-12 laps that I did (it wasn't a long Session) I started at 98% and made it to 100% with some very noticable pace differece.
a factor is we set dynamic grip for 38 drivers and only 25 do the race

Last edited:

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score

Ill try to explain. :)

This is what is in the server config file.

[DYNAMIC_TRACK]
SESSION_START=96
RANDOMNESS=1
SESSION_TRANSFER=90
LAP_GAIN=285

Some of it is pretty self explanatory, but I will go over them anyway.

Session start is what is the track grip when the server starts.

Randomness is the randomness of "everything" So when the server start there is a factor of 1 randomness to track grip. So when the server start the track grip can be 95/96/97. So when practice is over and we move to qualify the same thing happens.
So if in the end of practice the track grip is 97% and when qualify start it can be 96/98/98 and same when moving into race.

Session transfer is amount of grip moved from one session to another. So from practice --> qualify --> race. This is in %, so 90% of the grip is moved between sessions.

Lap gain is is the amount of laps it takes for grip to improve. So 285 laps to go from 95 to 96.

All this is based on a tool called AC Dynamic Track Calculator.
1545236734154.png

When using this tool you insert certain values and it calculates the track grip settings for the server. These values are based on estimates, so it will never be 100% correct.

This is similar to the Mugello settings, but not 100% correct.
1545237085421.png

So the calculations are based on laptime, how many you are gonna do, the preset, clients, session start, session transfer randomness and how far into the race you want it be 100% track grip.

All these options influences each other. The server on monday was set to 38 clients. Only 36 showed up and 22 completed the race, which mean that instead of 36 drivers need to do 249 laps to go from 95 to 96. Now 22 drivers need to the same = takes longer time.

Changing the setting to 22 drivers and it would only have been 144 laps.
1545237146999.png

Also when doing the calculation the how many should be entered, its not only the race that counts. But also how many laps do people do in practice and qualify. Qualify is easier to count because its just 2 extra laps. Practice is harder to estimate, because not every driver is there when the server is turned on and practice start. Some people join early and some late. Some only drive one lap, some drive 15.

So to summarize all of this.

It based on estimates, calculations, previous experiences and practicing on the track. Sometimes its more accurate than other times (since we only humans) but its based on the information we have before the race. So if 38 people say they are gonna show up and finish the race, that is what we are basing the server on. If only 10 people show up and 5 people finish the race, its gonna be hard to improve the track grip for those 5 drivers, since its based on 38 drivers.

Its a fairly long post, but I am hoping it gives a better understanding on why the track grip is what is it, how it works and all tied together.

/Noz

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Those were just the little seconds i needed to win :p

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks you for the explanation Noztra. I have to say that it doesn't worry me if we end up at 99% or 100% at the race or what percentage we du Quali. I took over the worry of some other ppl that we have a too high gain in grip from first to last car in Quali. We ended at 97% but now I'm not sure where we started. However, to explain it, the worry is based on the fact that 1% at least on Mugello is quite a lot of pace differece. If it's like that we can still work with it.

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks you for the explanation Noztra. I have to say that it doesn't worry me if we end up at 99% or 100% at the race or what percentage we du Quali. I took over the worry of some other ppl that we have a too high gain in grip from first to last car in Quali. We ended at 97% but now I'm not sure where we started. However, to explain it, the worry is based on the fact that 1% at least on Mugello is quite a lot of pace difference. If it's like that we can still work with it.

Yeah and that is why it can't do what some people suggest.

So in qualify it can maybe change 0,2 or 0,3 with the settings have now. :) Some might be able to gain an extra 0,100 of that, but like I wrote earlier its the same for everyone and next time you might be last in qualify. :)

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey I just saw the practice server is still at Mugello, is this possible to switch it to Zolder please? Some people like to practice early... :D

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hey I just saw the practice server is still at Mugello, is this possible to switch it to Zolder please? Some people like to practice early... :D
Its on zolder now,tomorrow i'll update weather/track grip :D

Users who are viewing this thread