Assetto Corsa General Chat (1 Viewer)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Its on zolder now,tomorrow i'll update weather/track grip :D
Are we getting some sun or again fog and heavy clouds? :)
Weather outside is atm already depressing enough :p

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Are we getting some sun or again fog and heavy clouds? :)
Weather outside is atm already depressing enough :p
According to calendar will be light clouds

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Why has the default setup the rear toe decreased to zero? Car is much more stable with -3 (some positive degrees/minutes) rear wheel toe and the tire temperatures are no issue at all... @Noztra @Ricardo Macieira @t0daY
Btw looking forward to Zolder, should be a nice corner cutting festival, especially because the sausage kerbs are not that frightening :cool: on a serious note, interesting little track, imo a quite difficult track in the DTM car ;)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
should be a nice corner cutting festival
= DSQ festival :p
Regarding the setup im not the right person to answer,sorry ;)

Noztra

Community Member
Reaction score
Why has the default setup the rear toe decreased to zero? Car is much more stable with -3 (some positive degrees/minutes) rear wheel toe and the tire temperatures are no issue at all... @Noztra @Ricardo Macieira @t0daY
Btw looking forward to Zolder, should be a nice corner cutting festival, especially because the sausage kerbs are not that frightening :cool: on a serious note, interesting little track, imo a quite difficult track in the DTM car ;)

Gotta ask the setup guru mr @Puffpirat :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It's been a while ;) I didn't change much going from default, just wanted to get rid of some understeer. Sure we can give the car some toe in on the rear. Guess it's still pre season. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
It's been a while ;) I didn't change much going from default, just wanted to get rid of some understeer. Sure we can give the car some toe in on the rear. Guess it's still pre season. I'll give it a try tomorrow.
That would give the car more understeer. We would wont some toe out on the front. I tested 2-3 toe for about 0.1° toe out, it's quite neat.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That would give the car more understeer. We would wont some toe out on the front. I tested 2-3 toe for about 0.1° toe out, it's quite neat.
For me and in my opinion the car is too unstable/oversteery at corner entry and this is mostly because of the missing toe in at the rear. If you are going without any toe in at the rear you will have a toe out at corner entry because the outer rear suspension is compressed and the suspension geometry changes. This increases the slip angle of the rear wheels and gives the car more and more oversteer.
This fact is why almost every (road) car has some toe in at the rear, to make the car more stable at corner entry.
To tune under- or oversteer I go always for ARB, springs and camber settings but never for toe settings...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have to say, obviously the setup won't suit everyone. But if we start now argue about every value of the forced setup, where do we go?

I do not wanna say "leave it or eat it" but at some point we need to finalize the setup and everyone has to deal with it. We can't go forward and backwards for ever.

For me and in my opinion the car is too unstable/oversteery at corner entry and this is mostly because of the missing toe in at the rear. If you are going without any toe in at the rear you will have a toe out at corner entry because the outer rear suspension is compressed and the suspension geometry changes. This increases the slip angle of the rear wheels and gives the car more and more oversteer.
This fact is why almost every (road) car has some toe in at the rear, to make the car more stable at corner entry.
To tune under- or oversteer I go always for ARB, springs and camber settings but never for toe settings...

Just an advice from me, @miagi is an engineer for a formula student car and studies/works in this section. I do not say you are wrong (because I have no fu**ing idea about it) but a discussion with him is pointless, am I right @miagi? :p :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was waiting for an admin to stop how far we could go with changing the default setup.

I have to say though if you have oversteer problems with the default setup, which is the same for all tracks, you’re doing something wrong. At mugello some were running softer front than rear arbs to make the car more agile. The default has it the other way around.

Also I didn’t want to dive too deep into the setup because I didn’t want to make it „mine“. That would defeat the purpose of a default.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have to say, obviously the setup won't suit everyone. But if we start now argue about every value of the forced setup, where do we go?

I do not wanna say "leave it or eat it" but at some point we need to finalize the setup and everyone has to deal with it. We can't go forward and backwards for ever.

Just an advice from me, @miagi is an engineer for a formula student car and studies/works in this section. I do not say you are wrong (because I have no fu**ing idea about it) but a discussion with him is pointless, am I right @miagi? :p :D
The default setup from URD has some toe in at the rear, that's why I'm asking, because it was changed for the league setup. This combined with the other setup changes made the car for me quite oversteery at corner entry and judging how many spins I saw at Mugello I'm obviously not the only one with this observation...
I have definitely the same opinion than you guys that we shouldn't change to much from the default urd setup and we have to stop at some point. Even at this point the setup won't suit everyone. But in the current state there are some points in the setup which doesn't make any sense to me and make the driving (at least for me) more difficult than it needs to be...
Mid corner and at the corner exit the car is quite good and ARB settings and stuff seems alright. To leave the ARB settings open is also a wise choice to make the car drivable for everyone, no complaints here.

Some small side note. I have a master's degree in automotive engineering and had several courses about car dynamics and stuff. So I know what I'm talking about ;-)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I think we are talking about different defaults. The urd default I started with had 0 toe on the rear. Maybe you still had the v11 setup? I started fresh on the v12 one.

Anyway I’ll have a look at toe later because some toe out at the front should help with turn in and some toe in on the rear for stability. I’ll let the admins approve then :)

Pwox

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing FPS drop on the server? I tested it with the online version of Zolder but in solo and i had no FPS drop.

Jeff[NL]

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Pwox Yesterday i did some laps in the evening had no issues at all.

Regarding to the setup... I think its fine. Also Mugello was fine. Maybe it has to do with difference in steering ratio maybe @Exited ? I mean i play with oldscool G27 and i can even play a bit with the car. I dont have enough knowledge to tell whats ok or wrong with the setup . Suspension Geometry was always a weak point for me and after 15 years cartechnician i still hate it hahaha so i went for the electronic side

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Some small side note. I have a master's degree in automotive engineering and had several courses about car dynamics and stuff. So I know what I'm talking about ;-)

It was more about that @miagi is stubborn as a german could be ;) Wasn't questioning ur knowledge :)

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone experiencing FPS drop on the server? I tested it with the online version of Zolder but in solo and i had no FPS drop.
Okay, i dont have frame drops, what i noticed is on server i have 120-150fps.when i tried solo (not online layout) i have 150-200 so yeah we have some kind of issues. I'll look into it later today and try to fix asap

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It was more about that @miagi is stubborn as a german could be ;) Wasn't questioning ur knowledge :)
Ok I see, I have to get used to your sense of humour :-D but no harm done, I'm still alive :)

Users who are viewing this thread