• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved Ginetta Challenge E1R1 - Dangerous driving & ignoring track limits (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefly

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 24-5-2018
Event: Ginetta GT5 league
Members Involved: @Jonno
Description:
incident 1:
Jonno steered into me on the straight. We both fly off-track. luckily no harm done. After the incident I slowed down to make sure that I did not gain any time by cutting the track. Looking back at it, I think I should've waited a bit more. Jonno on the other hand did not slow down untill I told so via voice chat.

incident 2:
Nothing major, hence the slowmo. It seemed like Jonno was going to take the normal racing line, then he suddenly moved to the right and we touched. Nothing happened, but I had to completely cancel my attack and make sure we both don't crash.

incident 3:
Incident seen from my mirror. Jonno cuts the track and does not give back the position to the other car.

Evidence:

Last edited:

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
Reaction score
1,i did not steer in to you as you can see on your clip it is you that is moving over to me you can clearly see the distance you are from the white line getting bigger... i did slow down when it was safe to do so slowing by the chicain is a stupid idea i backed off on the start finish line to allow the time gained by going off track...(apart from that was a good jump..)

2. imo it looks like you were trying for the cut back but miss judged it i dont believe i am at fault here.

3,there was contact i took evasive action to avoid a bigger mess..

i would like the opportunity to review the reply myself before the stewards look in to this as we are only getting fireflys view on this and as we all know there is two sides to every story

Jonno

RSR Family
Reaction score
3rd person looks different that looks like sticky car to me in all honesty incident,1

in 3rd person it all looks soo diffrent...incident No,2

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

firefly

Reaction score
Steam
View
1. I am not moving away from the white line. Right before the contact, I'm staying parallel to the line. It's really obvious from my POV that you're the one that's moving. You can't deny that.

2. My point still stands.

3. How does you hitting someone else make an excuse for cutting the track and gaining time and positions? Maybe you should record and show the 3rd person perspective for that incident too.

Jonno

RSR Family
Reaction score
1. I am not moving away from the white line. Right before the contact, I'm staying parallel to the line. It's really obvious from my POV that you're the one that's moving. You can't deny that.

2. My point still stands.

3. How does you hitting someone else make an excuse for cutting the track and gaining time and positions? Maybe you should record and show the 3rd person perspective for that incident too.
1,i can deny it
2, my point stands
3, if mark feels like i have done him wrong it is up to him to put in a stewards as this never effected you i see no reason for theis to even be considerd by the stewards...

firefly

Reaction score
Steam
View
3. I hope you're trolling/joking. Anyways I think we have said enough at this point. Time for the stewards to judge on this.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
Could either of you please provide more footage for Incident 3

Thank you.

firefly

Reaction score
Steam
View
sure thing.

Now that I'm watching the replay, might as well report all the other stuff that I noticed. After the footage you requested there is a section called bonus footage. This is an overtake he pulled on someone else during the race. After this overtake he should've given back the position because that overtake was not even close to being fair. This did not happen.

I also found instances where jobo cut the track where he did not significantly reduce speed afterward to negate the advantage gained. These 21 corner cuts are EXCLUDING every corner cut where he clearly lost time due to losing control of the car, going through a gravel trap, or anything like that.

You can find the 21 corner cuts here:

NOTE: this is only the second race. I did not look at the first race.

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
It's a bit late, I was away all weekend and did not have access to the forum but, in future, we will not condone the types of replies on display in this report, from both parties.

The OP is to provide the footage, provide a description of the incident and then allow the reported member(s) to reply. At this point discussion stops. If further footage is requested, supply it and add timestamps if necessary. Further discussions are not helpful and only serve to increase tensions between members, the staff and the stewards.

This is not up for discussion, do not reply to this, this is for your information. Any further posts in this thread that do not follow the steward report guidelines will be deleted.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
The Stewards have reviewed the incident and are issuing a 20 Second Time Penalty to @Jonno (to be added to his race finishing time) in addition to 2 Penalty Points being added to his Racing License.

We found Jonno to be guilty of a dangerous dive-bomb into turn 1, resulting in contact with another car, in the process gaining a position which does not appear to have been returned. In addition, we have penalized Jonno for an excessive number of track-limits violations, averaging at 1 per lap. In the other incidents reported we did not find enough to warrant punishment further than a reminder to both Jonno and Firefly to be a little more aware of the position on the track of the vehicles around them.

As an additional note, we are issuing 1 Penalty Point onto the racing license for both @Jonno and @firefly for their forum conduct. Members are to be respectful to each other at all times and, in the case of steward enquiries, provide only the evidence requested and not argue with the other member(s) involved. Any repeat of this behaviour in future will result in immediate demotion to 'Applicant Status'. We hope this serves as sufficient warning that such behaviour will not be tolerated.

Closed for further comments. @Jonno @firefly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)